Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
H
The latest score is:

Tiger: 1
Bimbos: 10

This morning, Dr. Drew (of Sex Rehab) commented that Tiger is likely a sex addict because of the secretiveness of his other life. If it's your life to have a woman in every port, then fine. But if it's a double life and people are getting hurt, then there's a problem.

And the mention of drugs. Dr. Drew said this is common. That one addiction feeds another addiction.

He said that Tiger can be helped if he wants to be helped. His marriage can be saved if he wants to save it. Both people must want to save the marriage and commit to it for it to be saved. We all know that.

K
K
I never understood sex addicts.

If you want it that bad, do it yourself rather than cheat on your spouse. I'm sure if you communicate how badly you need it to your spouse, they wouldn't mind you taking care of your own needs.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
G
G
When you sleep with ho�s, you get skanked. puke

I�m not surprised, just surprised that we hadn�t heard about this sooner. He hung with known cheaters. Cheaters like that �birds of a feather� thing.

I�m sad for his wife but she�ll be ok. I know she�s hurting but she should move on. I have to wonder though, if you�re sitting in a restaurant and your hubby is eyeballing other women, wouldn�t you notice? Professional athletes have all kinds of groupies, women that would do anything to sleep with these men. She must have known. dontknow

I feel badly for the kids that may grow up without having their father in their lives on a daily basis (but with his travel schedule, how often did he spend time with them anyway?). However, cheaters are not known for good parenting skills either. Too bad this has to play out in the national media.

Me BS
DDay 12/2/03
Plan B 9/17/04
I filed for divorce 6/15/05
Divorce Final 3/13/06
M
M
Our obsession with the Woods story is easily decoded. In a 1997 GQ profile of Woods, Charles P. Pierce documented that the 21-year-old phenom was as normal off the golf course as he was exceptional on it. That is, he liked telling "[censored]" jokes. He liked scoring with the ladies. In a Dec. 1 post, Pierce makes explicit what he made implicit in his original features. Back then, Woods had a reputation as a "chaser" and a "hound."

"The Tiger Woods that was constructed for corporate consumption was spotless and smooth, an edgeless brand easily peddled to sheikhs and shakers."

Given how desperately we want to believe in a human god, it didn't take much peddling from Team Tiger for us to accept Woods as a modern deity. With every new tournament victory, every new product endorsement, his divinity grew. His marketers made him a symbol of tolerance and brotherhood, and his father, Earl Woods, spoke gibberish about his son being a creature of destiny. Getting married and having children only added to Woods' marketability. I'm divine and monogamous and the center of a happy nuclear family. And we ate it up.

So now that the "real" Woods has been revealed as a wild bone-daddy who behaves more like your out-of-work, alcoholic brother-in-law than an object of worship, we feel cheated.

LINK

G
G
Originally Posted by Holyheart
Tiger: 1
Bimbos: 10
A few of those are probably phony.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
T
T
I have to wonder though, if you�re sitting in a restaurant and your hubby is eyeballing other women, wouldn�t you notice?.....She must have known.

All this Tiger stuff is bringing back tough memories of my own d-day: finding out about H's seventeen years of cheating with paid-for sex and affairs. Luckily, I didn't find out from the National Enquirer, and my pain wasn't broadcast to the whole world.

But, I have to say that the biggest shock to me was that my husband was capable of behaving like this. He came across to everyone as a man who was conservative to the point of primness. All he had to do was establish himself as a somewhat moody, reticent human being, and he kept me and everyone else at a safe distance.

So I think it's entirely possible that Elin was in the dark about her husband, and that all of this has come as a profound shock. Tiger may well have been a model husband while he was with her...but he seems to have managed not to be with her too much of the time. After all, she's been pregnant for eighteen months of their marriage, and has two small children to look after. Not much travelling can be done.

My heart aches for her.

She can't even come here, because everyone would know instantly who she was!

TA

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." - Spencer Johnson
C
C
My WH used to be a professional athlete, and I never thought he would've cheated. I think it's entirely possible that she had no idea. And the assumption that anyone who marries a professional athlete should just "know" that they will cheat is crap.

Last edited by cate1982; 12/08/09 02:12 PM.
I
I
Does anyone have further details on the confrontation between Elin and Tiger's mom.

Mrs Wood senior sounds like an enabler. Her name and that of the family is tarnished too.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
G
G
Finding out that our spouses were capable of adultery and committed adultery, was shocking and devastating to all/most of us. After some distance (years, in fact) and looking back on my ex�s behavior, the signs were there that he was capable of these things. My intuition told me that things were not right but I let him �gaslight� me. I didn�t want to believe. When I refused to lie to myself anymore, I saw the truth. This is just my experience. Yes, I�m cynical. I�m sorry if I offended anyone, I wasn�t trying to.

Me BS
DDay 12/2/03
Plan B 9/17/04
Divorce Final 3/13/06
C
C
Not offended, GL.

It's just that some people think, "well, she married an athlete, she should have known he'd cheat". A lot of people think like that. and maybe some athletes have "open" marriages where their wives are ok with whatever, but that's not always the case.

Given Elin's reaction (i.e. alleged golf club incident) I assume she was shocked to find out her husband is a cheater.

G
G
Originally Posted by cate1982
Not offended, GL.

It's just that some people think, "well, she married an athlete, she should have known he'd cheat". A lot of people think like that. and maybe some athletes have "open" marriages where their wives are ok with whatever, but that's not always the case.

Given Elin's reaction (i.e. alleged golf club incident) I assume she was shocked to find out her husband is a cheater.

I agree and I should have worded that differently. Not everyone cheats.

Me BS
DDay 12/2/03
Plan B 9/17/04
Divorce Final 3/13/06
F
F
Originally Posted by TogetherAlone
She can't even come here, because everyone would know instantly who she was!
Sure she can. Like A.A., anyone who is interested in recovering is welcome. And unless there's a reason for any of us to break our anonymity on this board, that's what we are: anonymous.

We too, have a singleness of purpose: Marital recovery. One's status in life should not be an impediment to recovery.

(From someone who has known some very recognizable people in the rooms of A.A.)

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
We might be 'anonymous', but the facts of her situation are pretty unique, and this is a public forum. Given how sensitive we are to 'withheld' information, she'd get a rough ride over facts that didn't gel. Give the truth, and the media would be on here fast enough to crash the MB server.

TA

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." - Spencer Johnson
M
M
Gatorade just dropped him.

C
C
Good. I'm glad to hear that they dropped him.

I still can't get over all the women who are coming forward about being his "mistress".

It's like they're proud of it. It's sick. There used to be a time when the OW was ashamed of what they were doing.

F
F
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Tiger "Red Drive" is one of my favorite sports beverages. I'm sure Gatorade will simply remarket it under a different name, but there are so many out there I'll have to find out which it is.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
K
K
Seriously, how the heck do you keep 10 bimbos secret when you are a sports STAR?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
I
I
Tiger to his young daughter, Sam:
Honey, there are two kinds of women in this world: Skankahoes and betrayed wives. I'm looking forward to seeing you grow up to be one or both of them.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
C
C
Originally Posted by Marshmallow

Yeah, "Is it in you" just didn't sound right anymore...

sorry couldn't help myself

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
OP Offline
M
She (Elin) can't even come here, because everyone would know instantly who she was!

Don�t you wish in your heart of hearts that she could have this support group that we have been so fortunate to have for ourselves? If only she knew what was here. There is nothing like the education that comes from these pages. The many old pros that provide common sense and truth are like seeing the world for the first time for someone newly arrived here.

Like you, my heart aches for her too.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," Bob Dylan
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation