Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
OP Offline
M
It's like they're proud of it. It's sick. (Speaking of all the women that are coming forward to claim an affair).

Many of them thought they were the apple of Tiger�s eye. They thought they were special and that Tiger loved them. Now they feel betrayed. Laughable, if it were not so sad.

But the real reason for these gals to step forward is to extort cash from Tiger in exchange for silence. It appears that it is working as Tiger is reported to have paid millions to keep them quiet so far.

From cocktail waitress to millionaire, overnight.

Last edited by Mr. Goodstuff; 12/09/09 09:09 AM.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," Bob Dylan
C
C
Yes, I really wish that she could come here and get help for herself. Tiger well..IDK, he is so special...so different..lol sorry.

Seriuosly I have been able to heal quite a bit by being here and seeing what mistakes I made, and what things I did right in my marriage. (Whitout re-writing history TY. My conscience would catch up with me anyways)

I wish she could come here and be with the real human side of what I consider some amazing and insightful people here. I hope she sees a really good counselor wherever she goes.

Welcome to the human race Elin and let him keep the $. You can have your dignity.

F
F
I wonder what WS's think when they read/hear/see these stories of Tiger's infidelity. Are they so distanced from their own actions that they don't see the similarities, or does this gnaw away at that "inner person" that must still remain (or else the alien invader has completed the takeover and they'll never return)?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff
But the real reason for these gals to step forward is to extort cash from Tiger in exchange for silence. It appears that it is working as Tiger is reported to have paid millions to keep them quiet so far.
Which makes you wonder how many more there are that he was able to buy off before the media found them.

And if there are any who are truly ashamed of themselves that are hiding from the media.

It's actually quite sickening.

M
M
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Seriously, how the heck do you keep 10 bimbos secret when you are a sports STAR?

1) Wh*res are paid to leave and keep quiet. That's what the money is for.

2) He is surrounded by enablers who will do absolutely anything for him, no matter how stupid or destructive, in order to hang around in his shadow and eat the crumbs that fall from his table. See also "Presley, Elvis" and "Jackson, Michael". And look how well things turned out for them.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
T
T
As a FWW, when I heard about Tiger, one word came to mind - IDIOT

When I think of my own infidelity, one words comes to mind - IDIOT

Well, there are other words, but a lady doesn't say them.

What kind of person risks and hurts the people closest to them for some fake, temporary pleasure?
an IDIOT

M
M
Here is the e-mail I just sent to Nike:

I will no longer buy any Nike Products as long as Nike has Tiger Woods as a spokesperson.

If he is in an ad, the message is, "Successful Men Cheat on Their Wives. And Nike is Okay With That."

Adultery destroys families. It destroys lives. It leads directly to divorce and domestic violence.

I hope you will not have an outrageous cheater and disrespecter of families like Tiger Woods in your advertising ever again.

Feel free to re-use, if you wish.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
H
H
A hardnosed coach was on ESPN this morning with advice for Tiger. I can't remember all of it, but basically he said Tiger needs to be told "no." He needs to stop all golf appearances for at least 6 months, reject any payoffs from current endorsements for not keeping up his image, fire all his posse (from marketing to management to caddy to handlers), get therapy, and FIX HIS MARRIAGE.

Insiders say that Tiger hasn't been "happy" for the past two years and it was evident in his performances. Like the wins were becoming "ho hum" and he wasn't satisfied anymore by being the best golfer in the world.

Perhaps a MLC since he's been "working" his career as long or longer than 40-50 year olds have been working theirs. And the boredom of golf -- like the boredom in a marriage or boredom in his life. I mean, when winning a major doesn't make him cry anymore, something is wrong.

And it's not like golf changes. Really. Same game, different course. Same game he's been playing for 30 of his 33 years... since he could hold a club.

So he's burned out on golf, life, image,.... not "happy" and looking for an outlet -- er -- 10 outlets.

Tiger needs help to restore his image with the public. Because he NEEDS the public to continue his fortune. He NEEDS fans to watch him play, buy his products, continue his life....

Or he can retire at 33 and become a bum giving golf lessons to rich people who care nothing about Tiger's reputation but are willing to shell out money to learn how to emulate his swing.

Just my opinion......

M
M
Maybe Tiger forgot, or never learned, that the secret to happiness is not what you Get. It's what you Give. It's the Getting that breeds the boredom, not the Giving.

Look what Tiger Got - and he was still bored? Still not happy? Clue, anyone?
Mulan

Me, BW
M
OP Offline
M
Feel free to re-use, if you wish.

I will send one right now, can you provide me the Nike link.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," Bob Dylan
M
M
Mr. G, I just went to nike.com and looked around for "contact us". Thanks for sending! Everybody join in! Come on, it's fun!
Mulan

Me, BW
I
I
It's actually Nikebiz.com that handles the corporate endorsements.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
C
C
Originally Posted by Mulan
Maybe Tiger forgot, or never learned, that the secret to happiness is not what you Get. It's what you Give. It's the Getting that breeds the boredom, not the Giving.
yep

B
B
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
I wonder what WS's think when they read/hear/see these stories of Tiger's infidelity. Are they so distanced from their own actions that they don't see the similarities, or does this gnaw away at that "inner person" that must still remain (or else the alien invader has completed the takeover and they'll never return)?

I actually thought about that too - WH used to love play as Tiger Woods on the Wii grin

BS:35(me)
WH:32
DS 12/8
OW1: 2004 EA/PA?
ILYBNILWY 4/09
OW2 2008/2009 EA/PA?
Separated: 06/14/09
D-Day: OW3 PA 06/20/09
Am I married to a Serial Cheater?
H
H
Here is the response Nike sent me to my email (I didn't save what I sent... basically... that Tiger is an embarassment to their company because of his lack of morals and family values. How I will not be purchasing any Nike products as long as he's their spokesman and I will encourage the athletic teams in my area to do the same. How "Just Do It" slogan now gags me. How there are better athletes of CHARACTER they can use to represent their company... ):

[We appreciate the time you took to express your comments concerning Nike's relationship with Tiger Woods. We will share your feedback with the management team.

Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,

Andy
Nike

Hopefully this "case", as it plays out in the media over the months/years ahead, will at the very least send a strong message that:

Entitlement and extreme s2pidity are a bad combination of traits in a marriage partner.

-ol' 2log

P
P
Originally Posted by 2long
-ol' 2log
rotflmao

Thanks for this !

OOPS!

ol' 3pod

P
P
OOPS!

ol' 3pod
faint

Z
Z
Hopefully this "case", as it plays out in the media over the months/years ahead, will at the very least send a strong message that:

Entitlement and extreme s2pidity are a bad combination of traits in a marriage partner.

-ol' 2log

Seems the size of someone's wallet often makes folks overlook these shortcomings.

This guy is very messed up and it has shown through in glimpses throughout the years. Hopefully, he will change into a decent human being at some point.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation