Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 322 of 339 1 2 320 321 322 323 324 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
Fred, I am a Redskins fan by birth. I was born in DC and my parents had gotten season tickets before I was born. My tickets will be 50 years old next year.

However, I live near Seattle, WA and no matter what, win or lose I LOVE THIS TEAM...

I truly understand your feeling about wanting to text your W over this game. When Sean Taylor died I was devastated when WH didn't even acknowledge it to me. It was heart breaking.

Mark, I totally understand where your loyalties lie and would never imagine you comprimising what so ever. LOL

And might I say. You are the most amazing supporter of me. I am forever grateful for so much that you have walked me through.

This loss in a way is a Plan A chance for me. The woman who came here, skinsgal wrapped her life and soul around this team. Back then if they played this kind of game and lost this way, life around our house would have been tense to say the least. Today, my H commented on the changes in me because I'm no longer skinsgal, I'm Queenie and yes it was a bummer. But the miracle is that I have a husband to share my life with and that's just so way more important. And he feels the difference. Woo hoo...

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by StrongerThanB4
That's been what they have been doing all season... they get so close sometimes but just can't seem to hold it in the end. I think they will make a solid team in the next few years. They at times have a hard time playing as a cohesive team at the very end. Better luck next time!!

It's interesting, it hasn't been just this season, but they haven't had the KILLER instinct for MANY years. Until they develop that instinct to finish it off no matter what, I don't think they will go far at all. I will say that absolutely looked way better than I have seen all year long. Their offense moved the ball reallay well, the wide receivers were catching and making plays. It was just an awesome offensive output. In the 60's they would find ways to lose in a fun manner. Today reminded me of those games in the 60's.

It was exciting, if you saw the game, come home, how often can you see an interception, strip followed by a TD on the Saints. Those happen to good teams.

Is Zorn the problem, don't know. I think that he is gone at the end of the year, but I will say Snyder needs to be gone too. He is really the problem.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
And my first reaction is to call/text WW and ask her what she thought of the game (she's a fan, too). Of course, I'm indigo DARK at this point (and beginning to get used to it).

You can talk to me. I know it's so hard at first in Plan B and the urge and desire to contact them is great. But DARK is the ONLY way to be. For you and for the marriage.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
So Anna, what are you needing on here?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
I got this in my email this morning... It effected me deeply to remember HIS TIMING...

God's direction and timing is always perfect and always with a purpose - but it's often with a purpose we may not initially see or understand. Even when we earnestly ask for direction through prayer and the study of His Word, God's answers are usually not what we expect and are often perceived as slow in arriving. However, His direction and timing still remains, always perfect and always with a purpose.

God called Abraham to follow Him when Abraham was already seventy-five years old. But God blessed Abraham with great abundance and soon promised he would have many descendants; "I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth, so that if anyone could count the dust, then your offspring could be counted" (Genesis 13:16).

Although this was a wonderful promise from God, it certainly did not seem possible. Not only was Abraham an old man, but his wife, Sarah, had never been able to have children and was now long past the normal child bearing years. Therefore, when Sarah failed to become pregnant - when God's promise was apparently going to be unfulfilled - she formulated a plan to "help" God.

Genesis 16:2
"The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my maidservant; perhaps I can build a family through her."

Since this was an accepted practice and seemed like a reasonable way to fulfill God's promise, Abraham agreed. Not surprisingly, great tension soon developed between Sarah and her maidservant. This tension increased when Ishmael was born and even continues today with the unfortunate hostilities we see in the region of the Middle East. Abraham clearly heard the call and promise of God, but he became impatient with God's timing and resorted to a worldly solution.

It was another thirteen years before God fulfilled His promise through the birth of Isaac. These were thirteen long years of waiting and wondering if God had forgotten...but God's direction and timing is always perfect and always with a purpose. With Abraham one hundred years old and Sarah ninety, the birth of Isaac left no doubt that God was in complete control and guiding the events in Abraham's life.

In a very real sense, we are foreigners in this place and time; "Aliens and strangers on earth" (Hebrews 11:13). We will never understand how all the pieces fit together until we stand before the Creator of the Universe. Until then, we must continue to love and worship Him with all our heart. We must continue to seek His face and ask His guidance for every step. We must continue to follow His direction and patiently trust His timing.

Have a Christ Centered Day!

Steve Troxel
God's Daily Word Ministries

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Thanks for this Queenie!

I sure needed it today as I have been very much working to remain patient and submit to HIS will and HIS plan.

His direction and timing still remains, always perfect and always with a purpose.

AMEN!

Have a wonderful evening my friend!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
M
M
:happyhanukkah:

He's still doing miracles every day...

S
S
Queenie, I finally found my patience. Thanks for your post today. It has helped me keep moving in the right direction at the right PACE. Love you...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Q
OP Offline
Q
I'm swamped at work, please forgive me for dropping and running. But this is another good one..

In the message "Patiently Trust His Timing" we considered Abraham and Sarah as they waited for God's promise through the birth of Isaac. Waiting for God's direction and blessing can be a great test of our faith, but waiting on God for our rescue can be an even greater challenge.

There are three great storms detailed in the New Testament. The first occurred when Jesus was crossing the Sea of Galilee with His disciples. Jesus was asleep when the storm began, and the disciples became afraid and woke Him: "Lord save us! We're going to drown!" (Matthew 8:25). Jesus rebuked the disciples for their fear and proceeded to calm the storm; "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" (Matthew 8:26).

The second storm occurred immediately after the miraculous feeding of over five thousand people. This time, Jesus sent the disciples across the sea by themselves. When the storm rose up, Jesus went out to meet them...walking on the water. As Jesus again calmed the storm, He spoke the same message against fear; "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid" (Matthew 14:27).

The last storm occurred about thirty years after Jesus was crucified. Paul had proclaimed the gospel through much of the Roman empire and was being transported by boat to stand trial in Rome. A storm arose which blew the ship terribly off course. The ship was battered and tossed for several days; "We finally gave up all hope of being saved" (Acts 27:20).

It must have been difficult to trust God's timing as the storm continued through the many long days and sleepless nights. But as hope was fading away, God sent an angel to Paul with a familiar message.

Acts 27:23-24
"Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me and said, 'Do not be afraid.'"

There may be times when our ability to trust is severely tested. But our faith in God - in His ability to hold us secure - must be independent of the force of the wind. Though the winds may blow, we remain in His hands and must not fear; "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, but even if He does not..." (Daniel 3:17-18).

Most storms last longer than we prefer. But our Heavenly Father is leading us to the place where we can have peace, contentment, and even joy, whether the sun is shining or the storm is raging. He is calling us to be free of fear; calling us to trust Him more and experience His calm within the storm.

Have a Christ Centered Day!

Steve Troxel
God's Daily Word Ministries

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Shabbat Shalom and :happyhanukkah:

I wish there was a way to post some of the most amazing pictures I got this morning on the way to work.

Truly some gifts from G-d.

I hope all are having a good day....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Shabbat Shalom, Queenie!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Well, well, it's been quite a weekend. First off, :happyhanukkah: to those who celebrate. I hope you have been having a good one. I have been busy being quite the Plan Aing wife. I'm not really sure if you call it Plan A'ing, but I can tell you that I have been a busy little beaver depositing into his LB. And it's been fun.

It's so weird, I have been extremely emotional all weekend long, not sure what's driven it other than pure gratitude to G-d. It's been 6 months since we have "officially" been back together. So much has happened and so much not still. And FOR ME today that's ok.

Some might say I'm settling. Some might understand because they know all I wanted was a chance to create a new marriage, be a different wife, mother and woman of G-d and I am living that chance, to be the absolute best of my ability. hurray

Everyday that I wake up I realize how lucky and fortunate I am to have this chance and yet, it's not because of really anything I did, it's because and continues to be because of G-d. My first priority is pleasing him and serving him in all ways. And I am confident that if I keep my eyes on him, then rest will be ok no matter what happens.

So, where am I today. Well, my DD sent me a voice text on Friday of my grandchild that's due in May. Don't know what it is, but it's was just so amazing to hear that heartbeat. My OS is out today celebrating his one year anniversary with his GF, though the anniversary isn't until February. He leaves February 8 for the Navy, so they are celebrating today. My YS, after having a 3 day suspension for sexual harrasment, not cleaning up by getting the work done that he missed, has been around all weekend long because he was sick on Friday.

Putting on big girl pants is not something that comes easy and it's exactly what H and I have been doing this week. We began our financial recovery from the wreckage of our past. I'm sure many of you have no clue about this, but some do and for those who do, can appreciate how hard this is for us.

We are constantly in contact during the day and he continues to be transparent and accountable in anyway that I need. I have continued taking pictures with that camera of mine and G-d simply blessed this area with the most amazing pictures. Today culminated in snow. Woo hoo..

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Earlier this week I found pictures of crack ho, really obvious pictures and sent them to a few of you on here. It's nice to know that she really did fit the bill rode hard and put away wet. I'm not sure what to do with the pictures, but I can tell you that I'm not as bothered by them as some thing I should be.

But that's me...

I will be honest, my weight continues to be a harsh thing for me. Again, some will not understand and just think if I do this or if I do that then I'll lose weight. Fortunately there are people in my life who do understand that absolute daily battle I fight in this and have not given up. I will say I hold the resentment that were I skinny with anorexia and just as sick, the only difference is that society looks at them and see them as ok. They look at me and see a loser, disgusting, sloppy, etc. Oh well, what I know today, is that I am exactly where I need to be and as long as I keep asking G-d for help, I'll be ok.

Shabbat morning started out with H going to work and leaving me alone for the day. I got up did the domestic Goddess deal, then sat at my computer and looked for pictures to be made up for hanukkah presents for my family. Then I went shopping and surprised my H at work. I have to admit, there was a part of me that wondered if he might not be there, but not only was he there, but he was so EXCITED to have me surprise him.

I met his boss and and GF. Turns out she and I work in the same business - education. She is a wonderful woman, so friendly and warm. We got along amazingly. Yes, in the back of my mind, I wondered how crack ho would have fit in. Fortunately for me and G-d, I don't have to find out today.

I came home and went back to being the domestic goddess again, this time making latkes, clam chowder and the special mud pie that he liked so much last weekend and asked me to make again. We stayed home last night and watched the Polar Express movie together with my YS. What a sweet night to be together and I cried. For those of you who have seen the movie, the part where he is just supposed to believe. Well, yep it reminded me about how most people thought my walk was stupid and that I should give up, but I kept BELIEVING, I kept my FAITH and I put my absolute TRUST in G-d. My boys laughed at me, but my H held me because he understood.

This morning we slept in late, then he made fresh coffee with his new coffee grinder and then I got up and made him french toast for breakfast.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
We sat around watching the snow, enjoying each other's company, laughing, and then went to a good bye party together. We came home where I got to listen to the rest of my game - which happened to be his favorite team. We won.... hurray

We came home and I made latkes again for dinner and then gave him his third gift in as many nights. A picture of him and his boys from the Turkey Mud Bowl football game on Thanksgiving morning in a frame that said Family Memories on one end and Cherished Memories on the other corner.

So... in the final analysis. Am I getting all my needs met, NOT YET. When I get impatient I seek G-d a little stronger, a little harder, a little more deeper and ask him for help. I get my needs met from my G-d. His actions continue to be too slow for me, BUT they are consistent.

Last week I expressed a need I had and he made a conscious effort to meet them.

For all intent purposes there is no more LB on my side and I am deposited into his lovebank and RAPID rates.

Will my marriage make it. I honestly don't know. But, it won't because Queenie did anything. You see for ME, this has been a journey about growing up and being a better wife. I am giving my ALL. I am being the best wife I am capable of being and I am so grateful that I got this chance. We are toying with what our plans our to celebrate our 26th anniversary. I think personally that since he missed the last two it should be BIG.

But...

I'll ask G-d and see what he WANTS.... He matters most...

The only sad part is that for so long I was on the other side with Chai, Hope, Holy and many others. I continue to read their pain and struggles and know there isn't anything I can do to make it better, because for all the love and support I got, it wasn't what I wanted. And I just understand that as a given. I'm not sure how to help people today. I'm not Melody who knows what to do when, I'm not awesome at quoting etc. But if you are new and reading this. I worked every part of these plans and was as still as a person can be. I know about the fun things to do in Plan A. I know the hard parts of Plan B when you want to do something and you can't because you need to be dark. I am learning about recovery. Many on here don't believe I am in recovery. But over on Looking's thread Mark said...

If your marriage is based on care, protection, honesty and time then it has a pretty good chance of making it. I asked my husband the other night what he thought were the most important parts of marriage. He got three out of four. Does he work the principles - yes... but he doesn't know it and that's just fine by me because tonight, we crawl into bed together, we say our prayers and I get to thank G-d for another miracle day.

And that would be enough..... pray

Somehow I think G-d has more planned....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
I am so glad for you and I pray that everything continues for you and your husband. Looks like God has blessed you so far. I learned alot yesterday from surfing the web and reading my bible. The one thing I learned is that tribulation worketh patience;and patience,experience;and experience,hope. It appears that you have experienced all of this and I am just starting, but I feel everything will turn out right because I am leaving it in His hands.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#1 discovered cell phone calls 6/30/2009
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
Plan D 06/2012/WH served 8/17/12
WH left 7/25/2009/WH moved in with OW 7/29/2009
Trying to reconcile 12/30/2009/left 10/22/2010
2nd OW 8/2011? and living in Idaho.
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
P
P
Hi Queenie,
Great news in your posts...two steps forward...maybe an occasional one step back...but PROGRESS.... remember how long it took for most of us to "Get it"

The days and weeks of people posting the same thing seven different ways over and over until God sends the same words to be said by someone in a different way and the lightbulb went on above our heads doh2 Your H is getting close.

After I read your posts in my Inbox this came... for some reason it seems to apply for you... and...through you....me.

Daniel 3:16-19

(16) Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. (17) If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. (18) But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up." (19) Then Nebuchadnezzar was full of fury, and the expression on his face changed toward Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. He spoke and commanded that they heat the furnace seven times more than it was usually heated.
Copyright � 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

They could see the rage in Nebuchadnezzar's face, but they also saw God. Where did their powerful conviction come? This kind of conviction does not arise "on command," at the spur of the moment. It is the product of the demonstration of God in the lives of these three young men before this time, before their lives were on the line.

Their faith had grown and matured over a period of time.

God is always the same. What God says through Paul in I Corinthians 10:13 applied to them just as it applies to us. God knew what they could endure. They also knew that He would provide a "way of escape." Because of this, they told the king, despite his threats, "Even if God does not choose to protect us, we still are not going to bow down to your image."

Have we ever considered why more "mighty deliverances" do not occur to us? It is because we spend so little time fellow-shipping with God that we do not see Him as an immediate and vitally important part of our lives. As a result, the physical "evidence" we see around us overwhelms us.

YOU my friend ignored all the physical "evidence" that some people (while meaning the best) kept pointing out to you to "prove" that your marriage couldn't get to the point it is at today. YOU my friend continued to trust that God had a "mighty deliverance" planned for your marriage from the flames of the affair. And you CONTINUE to wait for Gods "mighty deliverance" for the parts of your marriage that haven't fully recovered. (YET)
And you continue to trust that God knows what you can endure. You also KNOW that He would provide a "way of escape." if his will is different from your wishes

Queenie...Thank you.... I just want you to know that you are inspiring me to trust the same things in my life. I am facing something that has some VERY hopeless "physical evidence" trying to break my faith. BUT.. I KNOW you know that nagging little voice that tells you that God has a plan... and as we all know HE IS GOOD and HE IS PERFECT as is his plan for us!! PRAISE HIM!!

hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray

It’s not the absence of trials that determines our happiness
Its the absence or presence of God
C
C
Queenie,

Your posts touched my heart. I can't tell you how much you have helped me just by being you. You are definitely a role model on the board, and one of the most beautiful women I know. Your H was a fool and he now knows what a gem that he has.

Get rid of the pictures of crack-ho. She is the insignificant past now. Besides, I don't know how you even look at the pictures and not hurl. Woof!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Q
OP Offline
Q
God knew what they could endure.
And I believe G-d knows what WE can endure, but that he also overwhelms us at times to give us that nudge to SEEK him for guidance and to walk through it.

YOU my friend ignored all the physical "evidence" that some people (while meaning the best) kept pointing out to you to "prove" that your marriage couldn't get to the point it is at today. YOU my friend continued to trust that God had a "mighty deliverance" planned for your marriage from the flames of the affair. And you CONTINUE to wait for Gods "mighty deliverance" for the parts of your marriage that haven't fully recovered. (YET)
And you continue to trust that God knows what you can endure. You also KNOW that He would provide a "way of escape." if his will is different from your wishes
I so totally understand this and walk it truly. People think I am NUTS for waiting. I choose to believe that G-d grants me those qualities to be prepared for when he truly heals my marriage in ALL WAYS...

Yes I do continue to wait al the while I continue to not miss what he does give me and bless me with. The little things that make up the bigger picture when truly looked at. Not just in his words, but his actions.

I just want you to know that you are inspiring me to trust the same things in my life.
How often are we grateful that we can be USED to be of service to G-d and hopefully help someone else. Frank, your support, your continued knowledge and ability to asses things as they are happening are a blessing for me. You help solidify what I believe, what I trust and walk in faith of, but not always sure about it until it's put in black and white. So thank you.

Thank you so much Chai. I care so much about you and hurt for you. I have watched you walk, struggle and continue to move forward. I wish I could get you to trust G-d more and understand how much he is THERE for you, but that's not in my control. Praying for that is.. and I continue to daily. I love you so much.

Get rid of the pictures of crack-ho. She is the insignificant past now. Besides, I don't know how you even look at the pictures and not hurl. Woof!
You autaa know... You got to seem them. ICKY..... faint

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
H
H
Queenie, Love to read your "stuff".

When all seemed hopeless you rose from the ashes like the Phoenix and now you are starting to soar.

So happy you stayed over here where we get inspiration from your story. You rock and on days when I am in that black hole I say to myself Queenie did this and I can too.

I know what a battle it is with our weight. It is a struggle for myself too; especially when you are trying to cook/bake all those dishes that your FWH loves. As you turned over your M to God you need to turn that over to Him also. It does help me. I ask him when I feel the need to stuff to fulfill whatever stress I might be experiencing to replace it with filling me with the Holy Spirit. It does help. I try not to use food as a crutch as I have in the past.

P.S. Before you destroy the pic -- where is my copy of OW...tee hee.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Q
OP Offline
Q
ask him when I feel the need to stuff to fulfill whatever stress I might be experiencing to replace it with filling me with the Holy Spirit.
this is a GREAT idea.... thank you.

Ok, the pictures are on the way, but you have to post your reaction on here. Fair enough?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 322 of 339 1 2 320 321 322 323 324 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation