Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jlinch6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My Husband of 27 years just out of nowhere told me he wants a divorce. I had no idea. I am shocked,& feel like I am going to die. How do I even begin to pick up the pieces?

R
R
Take a deep breath. Learn as much as you can about MB, read the basic concepts and threads for newbie. Find a laywer too.

What did he said ?. Have you snoop into phone records, bank records, etc ?.

Any kids ?

redhat.

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

Happily Married to Lady Elina - 04/29/06
F
F
Originally Posted by jlinch6
My Husband of 27 years just out of nowhere told me he wants a divorce. I had no idea. I am shocked,& feel like I am going to die. How do I even begin to pick up the pieces?
My wife did the exact same thing. It didn't take much to determine that the "reason" she wanted this divorce seemingly out of the blue was that she'd been having an affair for the past couple of months.

It's amazing how true-to-form these things go. This is what you need to do: Start being the best wife ever. In MB terms, you have to start being a "giver" and put your "taker" on hold. At the same time, you have to become Sherlock Holmes and find out everything you can about what your husband is up to. Put a keylogger on his computer. Put a voice-activated recorder (VAR -- available at Radio Shack, etc.) in his car. Get a GPS and track his every move. Put spyware on his cell phone (if he has a Blackberry) and capture his text messages and other data. If need be, hire a private investigator and have your husband followed.

Yes, you'll feel awful about doing these things. But not as awful as you do right now, and how you'll feel if you simply let him walk out.

Read the posts on the "Surviving an Affair" forum. In fact, start a thread of your own there, and see how the "veterans" here can help you make sense of all this.

I'm sorry you're here. But this is the best place you can be for support in this very trying and emotional time.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
C
C
Download a keylogger on his computer TODAY! Go to your phone company and get the phone and text records for the last 3 months. See what numbers he's been calling. You have about a 95% chance that he is having an affair.

This is the BEST place to be for that. Do your snooping today. Let us know what you find.

J
J
Maybe he found another woman... I think you should check his computer and phone. I'm sorry...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation