Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 76 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 75 76
P
P
For the record, any relationship built upon numerous VEGAS TRIPS is a relationship built like a pinata. Brightly decorated. Looks best under dim lighting. Hollow in the middle. Dangled on a string. Made to break apart easily.

And, at the end of the day, it ends up in the trash

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/01/10 03:36 PM. Reason: spoiler
F
F
Originally Posted by Holyheart
then each of us four women taking turns kissing the husband of the host as he slept on the couch under his grandmother's quilt.
I don't know. Should I feel "ooogy" about this, or just LOL?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
L
L
Hey HH,

is D!ck and PP going to be in Vega mid to late Jan? I could do with applying a good ol' kiwi *ss kicking to someone laugh Flick and SIL are particulary good at glasgow kisses too wink

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
H
OP Offline
H
Fred... get your mind out of the gutter! I kissed him on the forehead as he snored. He was a sport for trying to stay up with us as we waited for midnight. This husband is a gem. I thought -- wow... my WH would have left the room right after dinner and either watched TV in bed or played on-line poker rather than hang out with his wife's friends.

I look at those qualities now and see that D!ck gave up on meeting my needs or considering my feelings years ago. I pretty much gave him a "free pass" to be rude or inconsiderate since I was never demanding and I pretty much never told him "no." My view was that as long as he was having fun, then that was OK with me. Now he's with a demanding Bimbo and he seems to LOVE bending over backwards for her. Go figure! I hope it comes back to bite him... especially since he used to boast to his friends how low maintenance and unspoiled I was. For instance, he stopped buying me Christmas gifts years ago -- just put two hundred dollar bills in my stocking and said to go shopping after Christmas.

And Pep... you are right about their relationship centering on Vegas-type thrills. How long will that last when he's out of cash? And believe me -- the judge will get a list of all the trips he's taken with her. D!ck just doesn't think it matters how he spends his money -- OUR money. I DOES matter... especially as I negotiate a spousal support settlement. D!ck can't complain that money is so tight when he's been to Vegas 11 or 12 times this year alone.

And Lil -- Rumor has it that he'll be in San Diego the second week of January so I doubt he'll be in Vegas again so soon. Would love to have his [censored] kicked so thanks for the offer. May need a rain ticket, though.

And -- I saw It's Complicated today. A MUST see for every BS.

K
K
Go see Sherlock Holmes instead, it's a bit cheerier. And it's like watching House and Wilson, only House is a detective. If you've watched House it's like him from the beginning and only gets more similar as the movie goes on. (And yes...House was modeled after Sherlock)

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
Yes, I'll plan on seeing Sherlock next. I realized yesterday that it had been well over a year since I'd been out to the movies. Gotta live!

K
K
The last time I saw a new movie was Revenge of the Sith...before Sherlock that is. rotflmao

I too need to get out more.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
For the record, any relationship built upon numerous VEGAS TRIPS is a relationship built like a pinata. Brightly decorated. Looks best under dim lighting. Hollow in the middle. Dangled on a string. Made to break apart easily.

And, at the end of the day, it ends up in the trash

Pepper I love the Vegas theory. My XH and PP have been to Vegas at least 3x this past year. As you know my pet name for the OW is PP as in plastic pinata

plastic pinata = plastic as she is built mostly from plastic from butt, boobs to face (I think she can no longer blink) pinata bright, colorful design usually in the form of an animal (donkey or pig?) that you poke a stick at (analogy??? twoxfour), when it finally breaks open all the goodies fall out and then you end up getting sick from too much sweet garbage. rotflmao

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
OP Offline
H
Something is up in la, la land.

Out of the blue, D!ck sent text yesterday saying I need to put the kids on a cell phone plan. He was giving me notice.

I inquired why and he said I had support money -- use it.

I said "I guess you didn't win in Vegas."

He text that he got a big bill from his attorney, that the attorney would no longer be representing him, that I need to settle.... blah, blah, blah.

Oh... that he's "tried to play fair" and "don't worry what I do with the little money I have left to live on. At least I'm trying to make a living."

Like I'm suppose to feel sorry for him. I think this was his tenth time to Vegas this year, plus he's been on at least 5 OTHER trips I know of. Plus he's paid for Bimbo's cosmetics inventory, dentist, hair, tanning, food, clothing, jewelry, gas, and -- oh, yeah -- the oriental foot massages.

And one of the text says "U don't want this to end. I can't afford anymore."

Buddy... I'm just getting started!!!!

N
N
He text that he got a big bill from his attorney, that the attorney would no longer be representing him, that I need to settle.... blah, blah, blah.

Oh... that he's "tried to play fair" and "don't worry what I do with the little money I have left to live on. At least I'm trying to make a living."

Like I'm suppose to feel sorry for him.

That's what he's hoping for. Did his attorney dump him?

At least H sounds a lot more humbled (so to speak), a little more in touch with reality.

Could it be Fantasy Island is beginning to sink under the waves of all that fierce spending? Fingers crossed for you, Holy.

P
P
Buddy... I'm just getting started!!!!
rotflmao

I love reading your updates.

Look at YOU! ~~~> lashes

H
OP Offline
H
I also wonder if D!ck's attorney dumped him... not vise versa.

I know that my attorney had a "heart to heart" with D!ck's attorney at the last court meeting. He was informed of the spending, and the money drawn on the accounts, and the credit card statements, and the gambling.

My attorney said D!ck's attorney had his hands full "herding" D!ck. (Ha, ha... couldn't resist.)

I plan on speaking to my attorney today to get the scoop. AND --FIL says he's going to visit D!ck at the bank this week.

I better make sure D!ck's life insurance premium is paid up.

P
P

rotflmao

Again! You did it again !

T
T
I inquired why and he said I had support money -- use it.
Why does he think he has the right to tell you how to use this money? Waywards can be unreal! I agree - I think his attorney dumped him, not the other way around. He must know he has a losing case, and probably suspects there will be no money left to pay him anyway. He has no horse in this race.

Stay strong HH.

C
C

But in all seriousness, this guy has all the makings of another final crash like Believer�s XH. I have always felt that based on HH�s descriptions of him and his spiraling destruction.

HH, I can't remember but he is probably drinking pretty heavily now too, isn't he?

Does he own a handgun?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Q
Q
Ya think he might INCREASE it for YOU? wink

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
K
K
Smart attorney, getting out of the sinking Titanic...

S
S
Ahhhh, the sweet sight and sound of fantasyland being blown to smithereens....Its about time.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
K
K
And of course this is all HH's fault! Evil HH!

H
OP Offline
H
Evil HH here. As far as him drinking excessively, I wouldn't know. He and I don't hang in the same circles anymore, and I have no insider info. on that subject. He used to drink -- seldom getting drunk. He was more the wine with dinner kind. Pretty much gave up OUR usual brand of beer -- THAT should have been a sign that something was up. I guess domestic is "below" his palate.

As for him owning a hand gun, that's affirmative. And it's not registered to him. If I remember right, he purchased it from his former boss and often kept it in his truck -- under the seat. I asked him to get a concealed weapons permit, but he said he didn't need it. You know D!ck... he's ABOVE the law. He does have several shotguns and rifles, too.

As for MY life insurance, the premium will be due soon. And it's a whole life policy... with a balance. I was thinking about calling the agent and having the premium paid for with the balance to keep it up-to-date. NOT so D!ck can use it against me, but so D!ck can't cash it out. I don't want the money to disappear until we get the debts settled.

But HIS policy -- I think he pays twice a year. Wonder if I will have to pay in order to keep it active. If I rely on D!ck... it'll probably lapse. I'll check with my attorney first then call the agent. I THINK insurance policies have to be maintained during a divorce and beneficiaries have to stay the same. But since D!ck ignores the law, I better check.

I'm being careful...

Page 33 of 76 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation