Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
E
ed32 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Great idea about the post nup...I just sent her another e-mail saying that would be another condition before she could move back in. I also added that she would have to be willing to take a polygraph at anytime.

I have a feeling she is going to read all this and say I am being way too demanding and unrealistic. We shall see...

E
ed32 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
MIM - I am not considering taking her back in at this point. I would want her to have at least 2 months of NC before I would consider. I highly doubt she will be able to do that. And if she does...well maybe then she will have made some drastic changes.

At that point, she would have to be on board with the other conditions...no overnight travel, random polygraphs, post nup agreement, etc. I really can't see her getting on board with all that, but if she did, it would really make me consider.

M
M
Originally Posted by ed32
There are 2 guys involved...one was an EA over the phone, facebook, texts. He lives 2000 miles away so I'm pretty sure it was just a long distance EA, but would have become a PA if possible. Then there is the PA guy she has been seeing the last 5 months. NC would apply to both.

But you said in your letter that she is supposed to TELL YOU when there is contact. Did you change that to NO CONTACT?

Mel - one thing that could be a problem would be the requirement for no overnight travel. She has business meetings with her job that are required. Not sure that would be realistic...

I don't think its realistic to expect you can affair proof your marriage if she travels without you. That won't work so you would want to do something about changing it if you want this to work. Overnight travel is an invitation to an affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

E
ed32 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Yes I told her NO CONTACT.

The reason I said that she should tell me if there was any contact is about trying to build trust and radical honesty. If for example, she has a lapse and calls one of the guys...If she were to be honest with me and tell me, I might be able to forgive that. The clock would start over though in terms of her demonstrating change. But if she lies about it and I find out, then it is finished.

E
ed32 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
So here is WWs response to the e-mail I sent earlier today...

wow, this is all pretty demanding.

sure, I'd agree to cut off all ties with **** and ****, but polygraph tests, quitting my job, and a postnup agreement? F**k, you want me to live in a cave?

You do realize that I would want you to change things, too, right? And the same postnup would apply to you then, too. If you are going to play that game I would want the same thing in writing for me. Although I think none of that is necessary. If I were to come back that should be a sign enough that I am determined to make things work.

Also, if I were to agree on this I would expect you to stop seeing ***** during these next 2 months.

I was going to write you a sweet email, but after your messages, I'm not feeling sweet any more

SO there it is...pretty much what I expected. Too many demands for her. I should just blindly trust her again - please!! I don't think she gets the idea of the post nup. Nothing would apply to me...if we divorce for any reason, I would get custody of the kids and the house, unless the she could convince a judge that I was a danger to the kids. There would be post nup that appplies to me...

Thoughts?

K
K
"I'm back, aren't I?"

Typical wayward. Yes, you're back, but you blew up my soul so YOU have work to do!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Z
Z
I'm not sure you can post nup on custody issues. The standard is the kid's best interest and I don't think the parties have standing to contract away the kids' rights.
That said, I agree. She demonstrates no insight inot her behaviors. Run.

R
RMX Offline
R
So here is WWs response to the e-mail I sent earlier today...

wow, this is all pretty demanding.
Translated: You mean I'm going to have to work at this?

sure, I'd agree to cut off all ties with **** and ****, but polygraph tests, quitting my job, and a postnup agreement? F**k, you want me to live in a cave?

Translated: I expect to be compensated for the loss of my affair partner.

You do realize that I would want you to change things, too, right? And the same postnup would apply to you then, too.

Translated: I like the frosting on my affair cake to be chocolate, with a hint of mint, I should be rewarded for my actions.

If you are going to play that game I would want the same thing in writing for me. Although I think none of that is necessary. If I were to come back that should be a sign enough that I am determined to make things work.

Translated: Im entitled to anything I want, and your getting in the way of it all.

Also, if I were to agree on this I would expect you to stop seeing ***** during these next 2 months.

Translated: I was much more happy having a husband and a boyfriend, and this woman is making me jealous

I was going to write you a sweet email, but after your messages, I'm not feeling sweet any more

Translated: Im going to use my anger to intimate and manipulate you, play along with my selfish desires or your not going to get anything from me.

Last edited by RMX; 01/13/10 09:22 PM.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
E
ed32 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Lol!...thanks for the translation. I will not budge on any of these conditions so I think I know where this is headed.

M
M
Thoughts?

"Dear Sue, let me know if you change your mind and we will talk.

Take care, Ed"

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
RMX, good translation!! rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Thoughts?

"Dear Sue, let me know if you change your mind and we will talk.

Take care, Ed"

I love it!!!

That's a GREAT way to toss the ball squarely back into her court. Ultimately, if she wants to come back into your life, SHE has to do the hard work, and it's clear from her messages that she's not considering this. A short sweet note like the above would be the MOST effective response in that type of situation IMO.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
R
RMX Offline
R

Do NOT lower your price for her admission back into the marriage. Don't settle for anything less than what you've asked for!!

Her wayward brain is trying to negotiate the best deal for her, not recovery of the marriage.

Wait and see what her actions are because even if she says "I'll do whatever it takes" it won't mean a hill of beans if she isnt walking the walk... KWIM?

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
E
E
Hi, Ed. I hope things work out well for you, whatever decision you decide to make. I have to admit, though, the idea of a polygraph test on demand kind of skeeves me a bit. Has a sharp tang of Big Brother Watching You about it. Even though I am a betrayed spouse, and in general approve of any measure that will make the WS be held accountable, the polygraph thing is just....eeuuwww! Good luck!

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2399446#Post2399446
FBS- me, 53
FWH-53
Married 34 yrs
DD 27 and 30, DS 19 (disabled)
after 2nd DDay, filed for D Dec 09 (me)
6-6-10 WH moved in with OW
7-3-10 WH returned home
taking recovery one day at a time

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See I am doing a new thing!
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:18-19
E
ed32 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
At first I thought the same thing about the polygraph...but you know what? If she is really serious about earning my trust and she is being completely honest with me, then she should welcome a polygraph test, right? It is a way of proving her honesty and beginning to earn my trust back. There is no way I would fully trust her without that condition.

M
M
The polygraph is awesome! I know marriages that have made it back from hell by passing a polygraph. And I know others that ended when more affairs were discovered. They can be very valuable.

Exposure 101

R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by EllenG
Hi, Ed. I hope things work out well for you, whatever decision you decide to make. I have to admit, though, the idea of a polygraph test on demand kind of skeeves me a bit. Has a sharp tang of Big Brother Watching You about it. Even though I am a betrayed spouse, and in general approve of any measure that will make the WS be held accountable, the polygraph thing is just....eeuuwww! Good luck!

EllenG,

I havent read all of your three posts.

"Doth protest too much" in regards to the polygraph.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
E
E
Originally Posted by RMX

Hi, RMX! It is not my place to protest pro or con about the polygraph. It is up to the people involved. I can only speak for my own gut feeling, which I did. People may feel differently, certainly.

People have done all kinds of high tech surveillance on spouses, some of whom were innocent, many more who are guilty. People just have to decide if the results are helpful or hurtful to their ultimate goal. I know of several people who make their wives hand over their panties when they walk through the door, and then send them for analysis for seminal fluid. I'll bet that knocked a hole in the budget, after a while.

And look! It is now my fourth post! I am really racking up the tally, here. smile

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2399446#Post2399446
FBS- me, 53
FWH-53
Married 34 yrs
DD 27 and 30, DS 19 (disabled)
after 2nd DDay, filed for D Dec 09 (me)
6-6-10 WH moved in with OW
7-3-10 WH returned home
taking recovery one day at a time

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See I am doing a new thing!
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:18-19
R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by EllenG
Originally Posted by RMX

Hi, RMX! It is not my place to protest pro or con about the polygraph. It is up to the people involved. I can only speak for my own gut feeling, which I did. People may feel differently, certainly.

People have done all kinds of high tech surveillance on spouses, some of whom were innocent, many more who are guilty. People just have to decide if the results are helpful or hurtful to their ultimate goal. I know of several people who make their wives hand over their panties when they walk through the door, and then send them for analysis for seminal fluid. I'll bet that knocked a hole in the budget, after a while.

And look! It is now my fourth post! I am really racking up the tally, here. smile

Well i think the poly has some merit, after all the WS did something that the BS thought would never happen.

Could save him some time and give his WW a chance to prove herself since "trust me" isn't worth what it used to be

You made me grin with that last sentence, darn you! smile

Last edited by RMX; 01/14/10 12:44 AM.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
A
A
Ed, I think you really need to reassess your current course of action. Does our wife sound like someone who is truly remorseful and willing to put maximum effort into repairing the damage she has caused to the marriage? Does someone who calls you insecure for not letting her maintain contact with her affair partners and tells you not to expect her to kiss your butt sound like someone that you can trust?

Also, why are you even considering dating someone? You aren't even divorced yet and for that matter can't even make up your mind about what you want to do.

Edited to add: As you can tell from my post count, I very seldom ever write any replies to threads - but after reading how your thought process was going, I had to reply. You're setting yourself up for a world of hurt, and by dating people while you are still married you kind of take away any moral righteousness you may have had. Just because your wife is a cheat doesn't mean you have to be.

Last edited by americajin; 01/14/10 01:40 AM.

The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation