Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2299723 01/06/10 01:32 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Are you a counselor/therapist? You are very wise...

fD

Me: BS 41
WH: 43
DD7

D-day #1 2006 (OW#1)
D-day #2 3/2009 (OW #2)
D-day #3 5.18.2010 (OW #2)
D-day #4 10.3.2010 (false recovery)
D-day #5 12.2.2010 (found text message)
FutureDays #2299725 01/06/10 01:41 AM
J
J
Nah!

Just your run of the mill scientist (math and physics stuff). smile And as you can tell I am Just Learning and have been for about a decade now. Thank you for asking and for the compliment.

Also, if you ask my kids I am older than dirt, so that helps as well. I have just seen alot here and learned alot from here.

Again, thank you for asking.

JL

Last edited by Just Learning; 01/06/10 01:41 AM.
S
S
Hi JL,

I was active on the forum (unfortunately) from Nov. 1998 through about 2002. I usually try to check in about every 6-9 months to see if any "old timers" are around. You are the only one I see.

When I do a search for posts from "K" I see his last posts are from August 2008. If you are in contact with him, please convey that "sherrilynn" is forever thankful for his support and advice. In the beginning, I would never had survived my husband's affair without his and HGBrawner's support and advice.

My husband and I are approaching our 35th wedding anniversary. Knowing that our marriage could have well ended after 23 years if I had not found this forum, I am eternally grateful.

I also want to thank you, JL, and others for your advice and encouragement during my recovery period. I guess just like an alcoholic, you are always in recovery.

I commend you for continuing to help others on this forum. For me, it got to the point where I just couldn't re-experience my pain through reading the all-too-familiar path other were going through.

My best to you and K,

sherrilynn

_
_
Originally Posted by Sherrilynn
Hi JL,

I was active on the forum (unfortunately) from Nov. 1998 through about 2002. I usually try to check in about every 6-9 months to see if any "old timers" are around. You are the only one I see.

When I do a search for posts from "K" I see his last posts are from August 2008. If you are in contact with him, please convey that "sherrilynn" is forever thankful for his support and advice. In the beginning, I would never had survived my husband's affair without his and HGBrawner's support and advice.

My husband and I are approaching our 35th wedding anniversary. Knowing that our marriage could have well ended after 23 years if I had not found this forum, I am eternally grateful.

I also want to thank you, JL, and others for your advice and encouragement during my recovery period. I guess just like an alcoholic, you are always in recovery.

I commend you for continuing to help others on this forum. For me, it got to the point where I just couldn't re-experience my pain through reading the all-too-familiar path other were going through.

My best to you and K,

sherrilynn

Thanks for your uplifting update, Sherrilynn. JL and K were helpful to me, too and I've only been here 3 years.

If you're so inclined, would you be willing to post your update on the SUCCESS STORIES 2 thread linked to my sig line? I used to cut/paste stories like yours but realized that it's better for the original posters to do it themselves. Your update could really encourage newbies to continue posting and possibly choose recovery in spite of what appears to be dire circumstances.

Thanks for your consideration and for making time to post again after all these years.

Blessings to you,
Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
J
J
Sherrilynn,

K doesn't post here any more, but I may be able to reach out to him. I'll see if I can do that for you. You are most kind and yes K was a very very special person.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. It is always surprising how these situation can be turned around.

Nice to hear from you.

God Bless,

JL

J
J
Ace,

It occurs to me that there is an amazing success story out there. The story involves "facing choices". She was the reason I finally registered and started posting after reading here for a good 6 months.

You could search for her using my OLD OLD posts as she was my first post. Or you can search for her from about 5 years back to now. Her's is a story of a really messed up marriage working.

Good to see you around again Acie.

God Bless,

JL

J
J
Hi JL-

OT a bit but I had to smile when I read what you said about yourself:
Just your run of the mill scientist (math and physics stuff)
because this is what my twin bro is...and his initials are "JL"

BTW- I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a "run of the mill" math/physics scientist. smile

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

J
J
Oh yeah there are. wink

We are a dime a dozen and get paid accordingly. laugh

Seriously, if you live in the world were everyone you work with is just that, then they are pretty run of the mill.

I am glad to hear that you know what I am talking about. I trust your brother doesn't try to pull the "smart" card on you? Or if he does you shoot him down right? wink

Thanks for the comments.

JL

N
N
Hi Sherrilyn!!

It's sooo great to hear from you!! I'm so glad things are still doing good!

Did you know your Success Story is listed under the MarriageBuilders Official Success Story thread?

Notable Posts & Threads

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
J
J
Hi JL-

I trust your brother doesn't try to pull the "smart" card on you? Or if he does you shoot him down right? wink

Absolutely! (How did you know?) wink

Here's the thing with us, he's the math/science guy, but I'm the language gal (English teacher). I can run circles around him when it comes to words and have actually been able to put him "in his place", so-to-speak, when he misuses one of those "big words" that aren't science related. Plus, he needs me to help him edit his reports and stuff like that because he really can't spell...or his head is so far into the cosmos that he doesn't bother to consider which "there-their-they're" to use.

laugh

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

S
S
Thanks, JL.

Yes, it is surprising. When I sometimes allow myself to imagine what life would be like if I had divorced my husband over his affair, I shutter. We just became grandparents this past year and that has deepened our relationship even more now that we can "grandparent" together.

There are still ups and down, but we both know we can count on each other, no matter what.

Take care and thanks for relaying my best to K when you can,

Sherrilynn

S
S
OMG, It's Nerlycrazy!

I never imagined you would still be here--one of the original MBers. Do you still hear from AlmostHappy?

How are things with you? I hope you and your husband are still going strong.

I do miss the small, tight-knit group of support we had in the old days.

No, I did not know my story is there. I will take a look.

Now that I know you still post here, Nerlycrazy, I will shout out to you from time to time. Please let me know how you are.

Sherrilynn

S
S
Hi Ace,

Nice to meet you. I will add to my previous update (March 2001) and post it on your thread.

Sherrilynn

N
N
I hope you do hang around Sherrilyn. You've been missed!!!

I still read here alot but don't post very often. There's soooo many new members everyday and it's hard to get involved unless you are willing & able to take them by the hand and lead them down this treacherous path. Thank God we still have those angels here willing & with enough MB knowledge to be able to do so. I love watching the miracles happen.

My H & I are still going strong & so happy we didn't give up. Thanks to MB, we have recently had a 40th anniversary.

Stop in when you can, Sherrilyn. We still need you!!!!!!!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
K
K Offline
K
yes K was a very very special person.

My mom says I'm still special!

Hi Sherrilynn---I remember you very well, and it's terrific that you're still doing well. I don't frequent the boards any more (it's so hard to devote the time to keep up with newcomers), but it's great to hear that you and your husband are doing so well together. Congratulations on the grandparenting!!!

Thanks for reaching out, JL... smile

D
D
YEA!!!! K checked in.

I think you're special, too.

Sherrilynn, MONDO congrats on the grandbaby!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
Hi K,

I hope you are doing well. I understand about trying to keep up with the newcomers. I do miss the old forum--it seemed like we all knew each other so well.

Just wanted you to know that all the time you spent on helping me didn't go to waste! You did a make difference in this life and this marriage.

You will make a great grandparent when the time comes!

Sherrilynn

K
K Offline
K
Hi Sherrilynn,

I'm just thrilled that you two are doing so well---it's really a testament to your courage and willingness to work through all those issues. It's great to get news like this!!!

Enjoy your 35th anniversary!

<waves hi to Dealan-de>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation