Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
L
L
indarkness,

I just hit quote on your post to see what the 'bad' words you used where. Yup they're in the bible and I am not at all suprised they got censored LOL smile

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
E
OP Offline
E
Okay, well I got another msg from a coworker of hers saying she didn't know who I was and asked if it was a joke. I told her no, but that I wished it were. I guess that's more positive than the last, right? I still haven't exposed to thier closest friends or the ones who look like party animals. I think they will report me. What to do?

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
H went to Iraq 1/7/09-10/5/09
D-Day 10/29/09
Got the D papers 11/21/09 (Our 6th Anniversary)
Not giving up! Still on Plan A
I can only get stronger!
E
OP Offline
E
Indarkness, I initally called the best lawyer in my county asking if I could petition the court for legal fees from WH. He said the courts rarely do that nowdays in Cali, and that even if they did no lawyer would take it without a retainer. My WH lawyer has only been practicing for two years and her retainer is 4G. I believe my WH got the $$$ from OW.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
I
I
EAM: Party animals are idiots and probably pushed him in this direction in the first place. Not sure what use exposure is to them. Full exposure is:

Family
Close Friends (that can influence WS)
OWS (is she married?, if not ignore this)
Your kids
Coworkers (again, that can have an influence)

Beyond this, exposure probably won't hurt or help your cause. Exposure is meant to blow up the affair and make continuation of it more difficult for your WH.

Sometimes exposure works, sometimes it doesn't. In my case, every one and their mother knows but my WW is still continuing the A (and moving out and planning on getting married).

To be honest, it sounds like your WH is moving forward, as my WW is. Have you prepared for a Plan B?

BH - age 33
WW - age 33, pregnant w/OC, due Jun. 2010
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
Plan D - Divorce Papers served 11-12-09
WW moved in w/OM 1-30-10 (DS12 Bday)
E
OP Offline
E
Oh yeah and I got one other response saying to leave her out of my business and that she didn't want to get involved.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
I
I
Ah! You're in California. So you've got until May 21st, minimum, right? Can you use a credit card for the retainer? Where are you in California because I have the name of a shark lawyer nearby that, thankfully, it doesn't appear I will need to use.

BH - age 33
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
E
OP Offline
E
Indarkness, I have exposed to family, coworkers, kids,but only part of the close friends. I think these are the ones who encouraged the A. I am considering exposing to thier wives though; although it may do no good.

Yes, I think my WH is moving forward. I am usually a very kind person; geez I can't even kill a fly, I catch and release outside, but am feeling very vengeful at the moment. I know that's bad and I will just let Karma take over, but I really so upset right now.

Also in the MSA, WH asked that the waiting period be waived; probably so they can marry.. That will really destroy me.

I have no money for a plan B, but then again, I have no money anyway. He took all we had and I think he's trying to starve us our so that I'll accept his lame offer.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
E
OP Offline
E
Nope, he shut off all credit cards.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
E
OP Offline
E
Oh, I'm in Plumas county and there is no legal aid here either. The neighboring county we used to live in has it, but not here. I really believe he planned it this way. He lives in the county with the leagl aid, but filed in this one. I'm very remote; not even cell service here.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
L
L
EAM,

this is my FB exposure letter I sent, not sure if it'll help at all

Dear Jxxx,
my name is Lil, I am Flick's wife. Two weeks ago Flick gave me his online passwords which is how I know that you and he are in contact.
There is no easy or diplomatic way to say this, however I feel that I need to tell you something Flick most likely is not. The lady friend he mentioned to you last week is actually a woman he worked with in our home town, and began an affair with at xmas. I found out early march must to my shock as until then I was not aware he was unhappy in the marriage, just life in general. We continued contact even after he moved out and 4 weeks ago he came home. I only gave him one boundry- no contact with his affair partner. While he has been in England I discovered via the passwords he was in fact still in contact and giving her money. I asked him to remove himself from our family until he could finish with her. He has caused considerable distress to myself and our 2 daughters who are very confused by his coming and going. He has told me that if it was not for her he would come home and be a father and husband again.
I do not get pleasure in 'airing my dirty laundry'. The marriage programme I am on suggests that affairs thrive in secrecey so I should remove any 'safe' places from Flick, hence this letter.
I do not expect you to be able to change his mind or become involved, I just wanted you to understand.
I am sorry for this letter.
regards,
Lil

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
I
I
I would curse, but then it would be censored wink

I don't think you can legally waive the waiting period, so ignore that. Even so, its only three months away. I mean seriously, he's already living there so who cares anyways.

Him taking all your money is just plain wrong. I'm putting up with a lot of stuff from my WW and I *still* front her money to take care of the kids AND herself, all the time. What a jerk...

What's the retainer you need for your lawyer? Can you get it from your family? You absolutely need an attorney and soon. Your WH doesn't sound like he is going to help you in any way at all.

BH - age 33
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
I
I
Just looked up Plumas Co. on a map...smack in the Sierras. Man, I bet it's beautiful there! But yeah, you're in the sticks. I'm in SoCal, north of L.A., warmer here, I imagine, then where you are.

BH - age 33
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
E
OP Offline
E
Well, I have very little faimly. My dad died last year. And my aunt. No siblings, except a half brother who took my inheritance. My mom doesn't have the money. I've been down every avenue and swallowed all my pride asking for help. There's just no way. My H isolated me from everone prior to this.

Yes it is beautiful here. Our home is a few minutes from a lake, on top of a hill with a beautiful view, the stars at night are amazing; I love it. I used to live in OC, on Balboa peninsula, that was nice too. You must be near to Magic Mountain, right? Canyon Country?

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
I
I
Canyon Country! No way! I'm a Valencia snob wink And don't get me talkin' about OC. That's where OM is from and where WW wants to move to...

BH - age 33
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
E
OP Offline
E
LOL!!! But I do miss MM, the coasters are fun!!! Sorry about the OC comment, that was long ago. I did love Newport beach though.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
I
I
OK, let's break things down for a second:

- Custody: Has he agreed to full custody? Does he have any interest at all in seeing the kids?

- Finances/Property: California is a community property state, so e split is 50/50, property, finances AND debt. This is what a judge will award by default, unless you give away some of your rights. Are you OK with a 50/50 split of everything?

- Child support: If you get full custody, he'll be paying through the nose and he will be REQUIRED to do so, again, by default. Child support guidelines are very "by the book" in Cali. Use this site: http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport/California/ to figure out what you are due. THis is approx. what you will get for the kids.

- Alimony: Like child support, this is also very rigid and there is not much wiggle room. There may be a similar calculator out thee.

So, here are my thoughts, based upon my very recent divorce experience:

Divorce in California has some pretty clear guidelines which ALL judges have to go by. Child support and Alimony are prime examples. They are going to take his salary, look at the number of kids, factory in custody time and spew out a number. Take what you get. Don't argue. You aren't going to get screwed here, particularly if you get full custody.

The judge is also going to do a 50/50 property split. Again, if you can live with this, take it.

Now, the one issue is child custody. The judges are going to make this decision based upon what's best for the children. If he is already planning to move out of state then you will probably get full custody and he will get periodic visitation (if he chooses).

My advice is to not agree to anything your WH throws at you but to let it go to court and let the judge work it out. You are the woman and the mom in this situation which means you have the power. And your WH and his attorney know this, so don't let them bully you around.

Finally, many lawyers will do free consultations. Find one and ask if this is good advice, given that you can't hire a lawyer.

I'll keep checking in.

BH - age 33
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
E
OP Offline
E
Hmmm Indarkness, The problem here is that my DD is my stepdaughter and my son is not his natural son; although he's the only father he has ever known. Adoption was planned for my DS.

Af far as the alimony...my WH says that his lawyer told him that no judge will give me alimony. Also I took out student loans to supplement income and apparently those won't be counted either. So, I'll get to be a single mom with no job, with my student loans and half our debt. Yippee.

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
I
I
The alimony thing is a crock, trust me. I'm in mediation and my WW had to voluntarily give it up, otherwise it was going to be required.

So your DD is WH's daughter? That does complicate things a bit. How long have you been the stepmom? Where is the real mom? If he is not going to be around, you might get rights, but I don't know.

And DS is yours by adoption (or soon to be)? Forgive me, I'm not trying to intrude, just trying to understand the situation.

About the loans, I don't know whether he is on the hook for those or not but that can be dealt with. In fact, if you can argue that the loans were necessary for living expenses because WH cut you off, you might get something from the judge.

And, presumably you are going to school so that you can get a job, correct?

I know it sucks. I know it's not the way things are supposed to be. I have to pay $3K/mo for the foreseeable future to support my WW and the OM. It makes me livid. But I will survive. I won't starve. And I will have my kids around.

Judges are fair. They are not going to screw you, particularly given your situation. Again, don't let your WH bully you.

BH - age 33
M - 12 yrs
DS x3 (12, 6, 2)
DD x1 (8)
D-day 9-9-09
N
N
Originally Posted by ExpectsAMiracle
Af far as the alimony...my WH says that his lawyer told him that no judge will give me alimony.
And you believe him? doh2

EAM, you really need a lawyer to protect your rights. Do you have AER (Army Emergency Relief) or its equivalent? It's been a long time since we were military, but there was ARC or ACT or something like that where families could get small emergency loans.

Also, since you are still married (?), have you exposed to H's commander? If he or she is doing their job right, that is the place where you will have the greatest impact.

Last edited by Nanowritersix; 01/27/10 03:50 PM.
E
OP Offline
E
OMG! I'm in tears. This is the last msg I got... I have to edit the bad words.

B***h get a f***ing life you've been divorced for awhile move on I don't need to hear about your f***ing sad life. I don't blame WH for leaving your dumb C**t [censored].

Married 11/21/03
BW 40 (me)
WS 37
DD-14
DS-10
D-Day 10/29/09
I can only get stronger!
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 328 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation