Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
_
_
First, what you wrote was amazing.

Yes, in my opinion, Todd does define who you are by what you did both on the cruise and subsequently to hide what you did. He does this from his point of view. More importantly, he defines himself by his reaction to your ONS and subsequent actions to hide it. You hid what you did so it would not define who you are. That was not the best of paths to take, but one that is completely human. Now, long after the fact, you are determined to reject a long ago and very stupid act from defining who you are. Again, this is very human and in your case, an accurate representation of who you actually are.

Most of us learn by doing. This does not mean we refuse to take advice, or at least most of us. It means that many of life's lessons are learned by the experiments and inadvertent events in which we engage as we grow up. Some grow up early and some grown up late. I cannot speak for Todd, but for myself it seems that I am better off with someone who has learned that sex with someone outside marital boundaries is a bad thing, while sex within the context of marriage is a good thing and that said someone has learned this from actual, preferably horrific, experience. I contrast this with the virgin who married somewhat young, then yearned for what they had missed in life. We don't protect our vulnerabilities until we learn, often painfully, what those vulnerabilities are or at least should be.

Take a look at the propensity of women to go for bad boys. As women age, most but not all learn that bad boys are called bad boys for a reason. As women age and learn, most grow to understand that they cannot change who the male is no matter how hard they try given that God and Mom made him. So most women decide that the excitement of a bad boy isn't worth the price.

Todd's position is emotional. While he has asked that you understand the emotional black hole you visited on him, I do wonder if he has ever considered your own emotional reaction beyond a view that you hid what you did like a thief in the night. Have you ever examined your own feelings about yourself and that event in the past and how your emotions evolved as time went on?

Have you told him?

This isn't just about Todd although he seems to be making it that way. The reality is that it is also about the family as a unit, you as a human being and your kids in a chicken soup of emotional entanglement.

And again, I believe that the fact that the truth outed during a time when you were leaving Todd is extremely important in the hunt to define why Todd is, er, Todd.

Larry

M
M
there is no time limit on forgiveness.you're right on one point:HE needs to leave her so he can get over it.get off her tip.you speak just like a WW.

M
M
Originally Posted by cruisegonebad
"Todd needs to [censored] or get off the pot." This is kind of how I feel. We have had 4 years to make some progress and although he would probably disagree with this, I feel we haven't mostly due to where he is. I fight with myself daily because I know that he is a good man that has been wronged however because my values and core are different I have a hard time understanding things.

I know MEDC says to move on and give up. I just can't do that. There is something in me that can't. I wish I knew what it was but I am not sure. I feel like I will wonder for the rest of my life if we could have made it if I leave. I would question myself as to whether or not I did enough.
I completely understand that we are where we are mostly due to what I did.

I had enough:

I certainly hope that you never do something in your life that requires forgiveness. Also, it is incredibly sad to me that you will leave your life with that hanging over you. Just my thought.

Gotta go for now,
Cruise

and its incredibly sad to me that after four years you still have the inability to please your husband.you still sound like a WW.you shouldnt attack him just because he left someone like you and moved on in life and you're still stuck in the same [censored].

M
M
Originally Posted by manofth3year4569
and its incredibly sad to me that after four years you still have the inability to please your husband.you still sound like a WW.you shouldnt attack him just because he left someone like you and moved on in life and you're still stuck in the same [censored].

Why are you bumping up old threads of people that aren't even on the board anymore?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
You beat me to the punch Mel.
Jerry

M
M
talking down to him wont help.telling someone to "get over it" wont work either.

M
M
Originally Posted by cruisegonebad
FLT2H:

I am not sure what's next. I guess that I need to do alot of soul searching and figure out what to do next. I don't want a dead M but I can not start the healing process by myself.

Todd has wanted to talk the last few nights which most would deem a good thing. However, I am somewhat afraid of talking because it usually leads to arguments. I felt like I poured out my heart in the letter to him the other day and it seems he wants me to talk. I did a tremendeous amount of "talking" in my letter. I want to know what he has to say about it all!!

I think that if we print this post and read it together and discuss it that would help us some. There is so much here that my brain feels overwhelmed at times (especially at 10:30 at night!!)

Thanks for everything!! If you have anymore advice please keep it coming!

Cruise

you sit here on the computer complaining about how your husband is unresponsive and wont even look you in the eye,yet when the food is gone all of a sudden you want a plate.get over yourself and make up your mind.

T
T
manof

What's your story? Dead thread?

M
M
Originally Posted by steadfast and committed
Cruise,

I agree with nikko. What do you have to lose by trying (again)? You certainly won't move the M forward by not trying.

However, you may choose to set a boundary here. If it ends up in a fight or he doesn't participate, and you set the consequence.

Praying for you too.

S&C

he's tried hard enough by accepting "damaged goods" and willing to stay in a fake marriage for over seven years without his wife telling him that she had some "room service" while on the cruiseship.and its mighty suspicious that she would have her user name that references to her affair,which was on a cruise ship.

K
K
Troll? banghead Nooo twoxfour

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
N
I don't think that's a fair thing to assume. Netiquette re: bumping old threads isn't always obvious to new posters, on any board.

M
M
because i feel like it.im new here and ive been reading every story on this site.and for the record,some of these ppl are still on here.

manofth3year4569,

Please check your email.

Thank you.

McLovin,
MBDB Moderator

mbMcLovin@gmail.com
M
M
i havent posted my background yet,but i will.im new here so im trying to adjust to the system.

T
T
There is no reason to attack Cruisegonebad. Leave this couple alone.

P
P
Originally Posted by NervousNewbie
I don't think that's a fair thing to assume. Netiquette re: bumping old threads isn't always obvious to new posters, on any board.

It's not just the bumping of old threads; plenty of posters do that, particularly if the old thread in question can impart some wisdom to someone's current situation. But manoftheyear has been bumping old threads just so that he can hurl invectives at FWWs.

I trust the mods to handle this one.

pk

M
M
**edit**

moderators note: email me at Revera01@aol.com before you post again

Last edited by Revera; 01/27/10 05:18 PM. Reason: TOS disrespectful, disruptive
M
M
Originally Posted by penaltykill
Originally Posted by NervousNewbie

It's not just the bumping of old threads; plenty of posters do that, particularly if the old thread in question can impart some wisdom to someone's current situation. But manoftheyear has been bumping old threads just so that he can hurl invectives at FWWs.

I trust the mods to handle this one.

pk

**edit**.

moderators note: email me before you post again @ Revera01@aol.com

Last edited by Revera; 01/27/10 05:20 PM. Reason: TOS - personal attack
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 459 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation