Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
N
N
this came from thread title.....

PIEHOLE!!!!

I LOATHE that word.....

I cringe when I hear it on TV or the movies.... uhuh

I go BALLISTIC when my H feels inclinded to say it..... mad

EVERYONE runs for the hills when it comes out of my kids mouth (oh and believe-you-me...it has)..... twoxfour

I HATE HATE HATE that word and the saying.....

I'm just saying...

not2fun

M
M
So, Not, how do you really feel about it?

stickout

P
OP Offline
P
rotflmao

EXCELLENT RANT

A
A
Originally Posted by not2fun
this came from thread title.....

PIEHOLE!!!!

I LOATHE that word.....

I cringe when I hear it on TV or the movies.... uhuh

I go BALLISTIC when my H feels inclinded to say it..... mad

EVERYONE runs for the hills when it comes out of my kids mouth (oh and believe-you-me...it has)..... twoxfour

I HATE HATE HATE that word and the saying.....

I'm just saying...

not2fun

Omigosh...ME, TOO!!! I don't know what it is about that word, but it ALWAYS makes me cringe, no matter what context it's used in. *shudder* crazy

VERY HAPPY! FBS/FWS; 47yo; M-29 yrs.; DS-26,DD-21; our affairs: 1990-'96
N
N
Originally Posted by at peace
I don't know what it is about that word

It's VULGAR!!!!!...... sick

And unlady like....

Reminds of another word I HATE, but I can't say that I haven't used it to describe a certain OW.... blush

I don't any more though.... pray

the other word.....has NEVER come out of my mouth......

yep, my biggie rant....
rant2

not2fun

ps...Thanks Pep....I figure if I can't get a notable post, at least I got an "EXCELLANT RANT"!!!.... grin

P
OP Offline
P
I figure if I can't get a notable post

Oh crybaby <~~~ poor baby Not2

P
OP Offline
P
rotflmao

N
N
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I figure if I can't get a notable post

Oh crybaby <~~~ poor baby Not2

I KNOW......the INJUSTICE of it all..... dramaqueen

Poor wittle ol' me......(pass me a hankie, will ya???.... :()

kiss

not2fun

P
OP Offline
P
Today, I rant about crazy

Munchausen by internet

I'm jus saying .... don't automatically take everything written on a forum as straight-up-truth.

Remember the "dustkitty" ... and use common sense and a discriminating mind.

T
T
Pep, I'm right with you. Munchausen by internet fits the case exactly. Some serious help needed, I think.

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people." - Spencer Johnson
L
L
Ahh.

Troll.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
OP Offline
P
RANT ON !!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by mymissy
His latest stunt was to hang OW picture on the wall in the upstairs bedroom where he sleeps.

OK Mouseketeers ... this right here .... is why we get so IN YOUR FACE if you come to MB as a betrayed spouse
(who married your adultery partner)
and are now "housebroken" that your spouse is *gasp* CHEATING faint ON YOU !!!

AKA an affairage-affair.

crybaby suddenly, the shoe is on the other foot, and you're so broken hearted crybaby

"Whaaa-whaaaa" your affairage has been "ruined" by *GASP*

A D U L T E R Y

Trust me, if MyMissy's WH is so stupid as to marry the OW, and either one of them cheats ... I don't give a damn. stickout

It's a bit fat....

SO WHAT?

W
W
I am so glad pep introduced me to this thead.

Now I have a plcace to rant about...
feeling like sometimes I am
banghead
when BS's want to solve their problems but are unwilling to make the hard choices that might help lead them there.
Having been a BS I know its scary to take the leap and see where it leads but I for one refuse to let fear paralyse me.
I wish the "ITs the Fear BS" post was required reading for all new BS's in hopes that it would help them get over it sooner while there still is time for R.

Recovery is not for the weak. Your gonna have to pull out that inner strenght and put it to use to you there.

[/end Rant]

FBW(me)- 45
FWH- 53
D-day 4/29/08
Moving forward pursuing happiness & a loving Marriage with DH.
L
L
Lil rant..

I do NOT understand why now I am 2 years past d-day, someone who held me and told me how strong I was in plan A while I was howling would say to me after I said I had no sympathy about a certain WH losing everything because of his A, "You shouldnt judge, you dont know what goes on behind closed doors" mad

So there are JUSTIFICATIONS for an affair???? rant2
I think not! and then when I said "no matter what's going on, an affair is NEVER right", I am now the 'narrow minded' person mad

Angry, angry, angry I am.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
H
H
Rant,

Watching bills not being paid that XH is responsible for and agreed for in HIS D and now he is "just not paying" because "HE HAS NO MONEY" but he is in Las Vegas with PP spending all the money he does not have.

end of rant.
see you in court

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
B
B
Originally Posted by Looking4
"But" when used "innocently" to say something just the opposite.

"I'm not judging anyone here, but..."

"I apologize, but..."

"That dress looks great on you, but..."

For these "buts" we need a smiley icon dropping real trou.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
B
B
Originally Posted by hope3343
Rant,

Watching bills not being paid that XH is responsible for and agreed for in HIS D and now he is "just not paying" because "HE HAS NO MONEY" but he is in Las Vegas with PP spending all the money he does not have.

end of rant.
see you in court

rotflmao perfic!

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
B
B
Originally Posted by mopey
My latest rant.....

The phrase "CLEAN SLATE".

After 2 1/2 years of struggling in a half azzed recovery with a wayward spouse who refused to meet my needs for amends (transparency w/out resentment, openess and honesty, extraordinary precautions, etc), I finally decided it was in my best interest to "forgive" him for his multiple infidelities and to let go of some of my lingering anger.

After all, on occasion, I thought maybe he did feel bad for his multiple infidelities, cuz he said so, and he did apologize. (Where's the rolley eyes icon?)

RANT: Now mind you, I had already told him I forgave him for the first affair that I had found out about. That took 5 months after the first d-day. I had a trickle truth WH. It took a year of teeth pulling with his constant lies and a polygraph to find out about the others.

RANT: So last week, all sincere and teary eyed, I told my H that I forgave him for what he had done to me. It was a BIG moment for me. He gave me a hug and then went on and changed the subject. I was dumbfounded that he apparently wasn't grateful for that, but I said nothing about it until the next day.

RANT:So the next day I asked him, "Didn't my forgiveness mean anything to you?" All he said was "I had already forgiven myself a long time ago". (Oh rolley eyes where are you?.....)

RANT: Then yesterday, during a brief conversation about his visit with his INDIVIDUAL counselor that day, he let me know that he now has a "CLEAN SLATE", which apparently he discussed with his counselor. (Insert DJ)

Poster: womanoffaith5
Subject: Re: rant about "fill in the blank"

Ok, my rant.
I know of a young woman who has cheated on her H multiple times.
Her MySpace page currently lists a couple of her favorite quotes. such as:

"The greatest challenge in life is to find someone who knows all your flaws, differences, and mistakes, and yet still sees the best in you!"

and

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason

ugh

RANT: I've heard similiar stuff from my H. And we've paid thousands of dollars for him to get there to boot!!! Yay!!!! (rolley eyes) RANT: I sometimes feel like I don't give him enough credit.

Edited to add another rant: Ok, I'm trying to see the best in him, there are some good traits in him. He's willing to go to church, BUT chooses which parts of the bible "HE believes is true".

RANT: He's willing to find out WHY he did what he did to me/us/him by seeing a individual counselor, but he's become even more selfish in my book since he's been going to her.

Another rant......I don't see the little yellow guy that faints, to add as a visual to this post,of how I felt when I heard him say these things to me.

RANT: I too HATE the phrase "get over it". I heard that one several times from my "don't want to make amends that are uncomfortable to me". (deleted something here that wasn't helpful)

Another rant......BSs like me who take FOREVER to "move on".

My H told me he is going to be selfish, and that was O.K. Jeasus said that it was O.K. to be selfish (apparently it is in the bible, dontchaknow?) crazy

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
A
A
Rant on:

It really bothers me to hear the OW/OM referred to as the "lover" in some MB books and materials. I prefer the use of the words affair partner.

rant off. Not a very good rant, I guess.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
S
S
AM- I agreeeeeeeeee. I HATE that. I also hate saying that they have a RELATIONSHIP. I feel like it lessens the hurt to the BS by calling what they have a RELATIONSHIP.

Also a pathetic rant but I feel better laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation