Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
You can tell your sitch on here without revealing anything that would tell who you are. I feel comfortable talking about my sitch on here and only reveal vague details with regards to where I live, work, etc. This is the internet and as long as you use precautions with your identity, no one will know who you are. Talking in detail about your sitch will help us help you.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
U
OP Offline
U
My separated wife is 21 years old and I'm 31 years old. There's a 10 year age gap between us and I'm partly trying to understand her by her age. This is my first marriage, this is her second marriage. We were together for a year and three months, married for four months. She left me a month and a half ago.

My separated wife has fell in love 3 times:
Love #1 - Her first love, she grew up with him. They had the same circle of friends. I believe she met him at age 10 (he's a year or two older than her) and dated him from age 12-16. During that time, he cheated on her a few times (even with her best friend), physically abused her once, and then left her. He damaged her badly. She grew up in Texas and she moved with her parents to Wyoming at age 14. Love #1 moved from Texas to live with her at her parent�s house in Wyoming when she was 15 to 16 years old. How her relationship ended with him was he decided to take a bus back home to Texas and never returned. Love #1 and her would talk over the phone whenever both of their new relationships were going bad (her age from 16-21). She never dated him again because she was badly hurt by him.

Love #2 - She met at age 17 in Wyoming. She married him and had his baby. He became a video game addict and neglected her and their baby. She believed marriage was forever and wanted to make it work. I convinced her otherwise. When she was 19, her marriage was bad. She called her Love #1 on the phone and they spoke about living together and raising their kids. A few months later, she recontacted me and we spoke. She chose to be with me because she was too hurt by what Love #1 did to her in her past.

Love #3 - That's me. I met her, when she was 18, in an online video game. We started speaking over the phone (which lasted a month I think). She had an incredible crush with me. I convinced her to leave her fiance (Love #2) so we could be together. She left him. About a week later, she saw him and decided to be with him again. She completely stopped talking to me. A year went by and she recontacted me, by emails, to be my friend. A week later, we got into an argument, through emails, and she stopped talking to me again. Almost another year goes by and she recontacts me again by email. This time we meet in person, I move in with her in Wyoming and we get married. She labeled me as her new first love. We decide to move to Nevada to live with my parents to help us financially and for a free babysitter. After we moved, both of us became so depressed we forgot who we were. Sometime during the first few months together she told me she still loved Love #1. I told her it was ok and of course it would be hard for her to move on from Love #1 because they grew up together. She agreed. Rarely, she would bring him up in our relationship. She would say how much he hurt her. Well, about 3 times when we got into 3 arguments she said would go back to Love #1 or #2. I told her ok and they would treat her badly because she has a bad temper. Well, our last argument was one of those times. During our last argument, I told her to get her baby because they are going to stay at a hotel tonight and to see how that feels because earlier in our relationship when she told me that, it broke my heart. She had a shocked look and stopped arguing. I stopped arguing too. I thought everything was fine. Her grandmother bought her and her baby a plane ticket to leave in four days to go back to Texas. She packed, we had diner together and I helped her with her things at the airport. During these last few days together, I told her a few times that we should use this time apart to work on ourselves and to better our relationship. She agreed but she said she would need at least a two month break. After she left, the second day I started making changes for the better. She didn�t. Whenever I called her, she said she needed space. So I gave her two more days without talking to her. I called her and she said she was talking with her Love #1 on the phone. I cried and told her to stop talking to him. She told me she was confused, lost, lonely and to give her space. I called her the next day. This time she was telling me a few things she liked about Love #1. I cried and told her to please stop talking to him. She told me that she was tired of everyone telling her what to do and that she needed more space. I sent her a video I made with her favorite happy songs. She really liked it but she said she doesn�t feel anything. I called her the next day. She told me she didn�t love me anymore and she was pissed off. She was angry about everything I did that hurt her. I cried, pleaded for forgiveness and begged her back�she listened and said no. A day or two goes by and I call her to make peace with her. I cried and told her how much I love her and I was sorry. I felt our hearts connect for a few minutes. It was nice. She was busy so I called her that night. She told me she ate a lot, drank alcohol, couldn�t look at herself in the mirror, she felt guilty, and her heart was braking because her baby was losing her father which was me. She told me she would think about everything. I call her the next day and she said she doesn�t love me anymore and she doesn�t feel married to me. I cried and pleaded if she would allow me to get a plane ticket to see right away. She said no because she wouldn�t be strong enough to resist me. For a few days, we exchange short emails about the same thing. Then her and her baby got a plane ticket and moved in with Love #1. A week later, I wrote her an email wanting to be friends and to talk. She replied back via instant messenger and we chatted on there. She basically told me to get lost and never to talk to her again. About three days later, she calls me on the phone asking me to mail her, her W2 form when I get it. By the sound of her voice she hated my guts but she was forced to be polite because she wanted something. I told her I would send it right away. A week later, I send her an email confirming that I mailed her W2 form. I told her what I have been up to, my goals in life, and that I would pay our remaining monthly rent balance until June, if she could take over from there and I sent her a poem of what I liked about her. She didn�t reply back. Another week goes by and I send her another email saying I would payoff the debt we owe, what I have been up to, and I apologized for hurting her and told her she was right: I had a lot to learn about marriage. She replied back and she said thank you, she apologized that she couldn�t make me happy either but we live and learn. She said she is tired of fighting and she wants me to continue with my goals in life. Another week goes by and I write her an email explaining why I said this nasty thing during one of our arguments that hurt her badly. I also told her I understand why she left me and quoted Willard F. Harley Jr in �His Needs Her Needs.� She didn�t reply back. A week later, I wrote her three times, that same day, asking if we could talk about moving on because it would help me a lot, that it bothered me she wasn�t replying back to my emails and if I could call her, and that I can get the point if she isn�t replying back to my emails that she doesn�t want to talk with me so I�ll leave her alone.

I think it�s been two weeks now and we haven�t communicated. It has been a month and a half since she left me. My emotions are a rollercoaster ride. Everyday I get random thoughts of her that hurt my heart. I have dreamt of her almost every night and I when I do, I wakeup hurt. I wonder what she is doing, how she is doing, and how her new relationship is. I wonder if she will ever want to talk with me again; I wonder if she will ever be with me again; I wonder if she will live happily ever after with him.

S
S
User,

You might get more people to read this to the end if you break it up into paragraphs 2-3 lines long. I had to give up reading it because it was impossible on my eyes.

Parts of your story do not make sense.

You say at the beginning, "This is my first marriage, this is her second marriage".

You say later on "Love #2 - She met at age 17 in Wyoming. She married him and had his baby. He became a video game addict and neglected her and their baby. She believed marriage was forever and wanted to make it work. I convinced her otherwise. "

Later still, "I convinced her to leave her fiance (Love #2)."

Can you please clarify? Was she married to the child's father?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
U
OP Offline
U
Love #2 was her fiance at the time when I first met her.
Love #2 are her had a baby, she separated from him to be with me.

This is my first marriage. She married me and made it her second marriage.

S
S
Was she legally married to the child's father?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
U
OP Offline
U
edit

Last edited by Breezemb; 02/03/10 01:35 PM. Reason: removing duplicate post
S
S
Are you having a laugh, user? You've already posted this identical post, and had replies to it.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
bump

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
She believed marriage was forever and wanted to make it work. I convinced her otherwise.

Looks like the Karma Bus has arrived on your doorstep.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
S
S
I wrote:

Originally Posted by SugarCane
User,

You might get more people to read this to the end if you break it up into paragraphs 2-3 lines long. I had to give up reading it because it was impossible on my eyes.

Parts of your story do not make sense.

You say at the beginning, "This is my first marriage, this is her second marriage".

You say later on "Love #2 - She met at age 17 in Wyoming. She married him and had his baby. He became a video game addict and neglected her and their baby. She believed marriage was forever and wanted to make it work. I convinced her otherwise. "

Later still, "I convinced her to leave her fiance (Love #2)."

Can you please clarify? Was she married to the child's father?
You replied:

Originally Posted by User080909
Love #2 was her fiance at the time when I first met her.
Love #2 are her had a baby, she separated from him to be with me.

This is my first marriage. She married me and made it her second marriage.
I asked again:

Originally Posted by SugarCane
Was she legally married to the child's father?
Can you answer my question, please, or is there some reason why you won't?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
_
_
1. Look at her track record. Excuse me, immaturity is the least of the descriptive words that can be used.
2. You are projecting on her who you want her to be instead of who she is.
3. You are infatuated, which is different from being in love.
4. Age differences.
5. Time and a focus on yourself will help you get over the simply fact that you have been dumped.
6. I know of no way you can get her back. Likely you never really had her. It would appear that you were convenient when she thought she needed someone.
7. Oh, and it would also appear that you were in love with who you thought she was instead of who she really is: immature, self absorbed and flighty.
Larry

S
S
I think he is gaming here.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
F
F
If User080909 can't keep the details of his own story straight how does he expect us to?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
Everyone is forgetting the valuable lessen user has learnt.

They cheat with you they will cheat on you.

G
G
This is MarriageBuilders, not AffairageBuilders, but for what it's worth:

Love #1 moved from Texas to live with her at her parent�s house in Wyoming when she was 15 to 16 years old.
Maybe it's my traditional upbringing, maybe it's our repressed East Coast mores (LOL) or maybe I've just gotten crotchety since I quit my affair, but do you fully appreciate how messed-up this is? "Sure, c'mon & shack up with my daughter under my roof, it's all good!"

Look, User, it's not your job to rescue her from her bad choices & her parents' bad choices. You've seen the patterns she gets into: She loves, she gets capricious, she strings along her ex-lovers, using them to manipulate her current lover(s), and then she leaves. "Stupid" is knowing this pattern, trying the same thing with her, and expecting it to turn out differently. Her "damsel in distress" act is a crock, and you ought not to be falling for it. Yes, she's got distress in her life, and some of it was inflicted by her upbringing; but she's old enough to be making her own choices, and her current distress is primarily a consequence of those choices. You had no business horning in on her existing relationship(s), so you're getting a little bit of what goes-around, comes-around, sure; but beyond that, it ain't your job to fix her. You never should've tried.

Do what you must to protect your child; but I doubt that'd involve further attempts on your part to salvage this relationship. You're only 31 -- you can still have a family & a life to be proud of. She's a pile of heartache that you don't need.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
S
S
Personally, if I purchase a broken play toy from Wal-Mart, I take it back for a full refund. From your short description (the man who apparently fell in lurve with her) she has no redeemable qualities. I think a better question to ask yourself is Why the hell would you WANT to reconnect with the woman you describe? (masochism aside, obviously this pattern WILL repeat itself for her in the future, whether with you or another Other Man.) She's defective - get your money back and move on.

She basically told me to get lost and never to talk to her again.

This, in your case, is awesome advice.

Affairs are a dirty, disgusting act. You married your affair partner. Man up, deal with the consequences of what you did, wish her well with her probably "not too bad before you came along" relationship and grow up. Then be a man and NEVER contact her FOR ANY REASON again. (You can have somebody else contact her with the divorce papers that you owe her.)

Addendum: (If this is real) Stick to one thread - You get better and more consistent advice.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Freidrich Nietzsche

Living Happily Ever After with Drgnfly
U
OP Offline
U
SugarCane, the answer is yes.

U
OP Offline
U
edit

Last edited by Breezemb; 02/03/10 12:36 PM. Reason: duplicate post removed
U
OP Offline
U
I should of wrote better, but I don't want to get into a lot of detail. I appreciate all the feedback!

U
OP Offline
U
Edit

Last edited by Breezemb; 02/03/10 12:35 PM. Reason: duplicate post removed
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 630 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation