Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by barbiecat
Why are you protecting this A?

Does this "old friend" OW need YOU to cover up her deeds? Absolutely NOT.
It will make him angry, who cares what she does... It is a vital step in protecting your M.

This is about you. You setting boundries. You standing up for yourself and M. You being brave enough to tell the truth, simply the truth-- and your desire to recover your M.

You do not have to call names- or gove details. But you must expose.
She told you to go F-off. Well, it is your turn to have a SAY in your life.

Expose. Expose now. Let your WH deal with his punishment. What the heck did he think was going to happen?

DO not protect either of these people from the consequences of their actions. THIS WAS 5 years of YOUR life they conspired to damage/hurt you...
You are worried about one hour of exposure?

seriously. Take the advice that has been given to you dozens of times. This will stop a repeat A.

*I* am not protecting this A... my H is.

I don't care about her feeling or whatever will happen to her once everybody knows about the A. I care about my H and his feelings. Yes, I know, he didn't give a [censored] about me and my feeling for 5 years, but once I made the decision to forgive him and keep my M, I want to do it right.

I understand exposing her will be the be right thing to do. And I said I am going to do. I am just afraid of how this will affect my chances of R with my H. He cheated on me, he lied and he doesn't deserve me, I get that, but I made a choice to be with him.

I'm just afraid, that's what I am saying here.

M
M
Originally Posted by winter1939
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
First off, your H won't find out unless he is in contact, and secondly, your marriage can survive his temporary anger over exposure. It can't survive an ongoing affair. Your H wants to leave that door open so he can go back some day. *THAT* is the greatest threat to your recovery, winter.

Yes, I agree. I think my H wants to keep a door open. I told him that before and he denied it (of course), but as I said, I know him very well. He's afraid that the OW will hate HIM, deep inside he would like her to keep a "good image" about him.

I feel very sad. I love my H and I do want to keep my M. I think he wants that too, but it's like her shawdow will be always between us.

winter, the main reasons this has gone on so long is because a) it has been kept secret which fueled the fantasy and b) the absence of consequences.

Think of it this way. Exposure is like bringing a crowd of onlookers into the crack house to watch the crackheads. It is no fun to get high when every one is watching with disgust on their face.

But if you don't bring in the crowd of onlookers, the addicts can freely get high and revel in their little sick fantasy world. When they LEAVE the crackhouse they remember only the good feelings of the narcotic high and WANT TO GO BACK! They feel tempted all the time.

But that high will be ruined and the feelings will be BAD if the last thing they remember is the disgust and horror of the people they love and respect watching. That will cause them to see themselves through the eyes of others. It will bust the fantasy.

And sure, the crackheads will be so FURIOUS when you ruin their little fantasy. But that is ok. They are high! When they are sobered up, they won;t be angry, they will be grateful that you brought them out of the sewer.

TURN ON THE LIGHTS IN THE CRACKHOUSE, BABY!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
Winter...this comes from my personal experience. I lost my M because I did not expose my H during his first A.
I agreed to R the M even if H told me stuff such as OW helped me thru a very dark time...when the only alternative to the A was suicide. AND: She is a nice person, you would like her if you met her. AND: I do not want to hurt her as the A got pretty deep and we were really involved.....bla bla bla...
I drank the cool aid and then...after barely 3 years he started an A with the downstairs OW. She is a real sl8t and he is a real cheater so the combo was explosive.
IF I had exposed his first A and if I had followed the MB principles, maybe today I would not be separated from him with him living on his own and continuing his fantasy with OW durign week ends and at their leisure without her kids being in the way.....
Winter...if you want a chance to really R, expose. If you want a false R, don't.

atena
A
A
AND...I am not yet done with exposure. Even if it has been 5 montsh since I expose to all our families and friends I have still not tackled the OW. And I will. Believe me. I am planning to expose to her priest, her friends and her ex H. And her kids who are 10 and 13. I will tell them to their face when she is not there that their mommy ruined my marriage by sleeping with my husband when he was still living with me and my son.
They need to know. There will be not pity in this. Revenge...yes, there is a lot of that too.
blessing

atena
M
M
I understand exposing her will be the be right thing to do. And I said I am going to do. I am just afraid of how this will affect my chances of R with my H. He cheated on me, he lied and he doesn't deserve me, I get that, but I made a choice to be with him..

winter, the things we are telling you are with this goal in mind: recovery. I think it WILL affect your chances of recovery if you don't expose the affair. We are speaking as people who HAVE recovered our marriages and DID expose. Those that don't expose, have a much lower chance of recovery, IMO. Your H has been fighting this addiction for years, winter. That is because the bubble has never burst. If others knew about this, it would ruin the fantasy and burn that bridge possibly.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by atena
Winter...this comes from my personal experience. I lost my M because I did not expose my H during his first A.
I agreed to R the M even if H told me stuff such as OW helped me thru a very dark time...when the only alternative to the A was suicide. AND: She is a nice person, you would like her if you met her. AND: I do not want to hurt her as the A got pretty deep and we were really involved.....bla bla bla...
I drank the cool aid and then...after barely 3 years he started an A with the downstairs OW. She is a real sl8t and he is a real cheater so the combo was explosive.
IF I had exposed his first A and if I had followed the MB principles, maybe today I would not be separated from him with him living on his own and continuing his fantasy with OW durign week ends and at their leisure without her kids being in the way.....
Winter...if you want a chance to really R, expose. If you want a false R, don't.

I exposed the A to everybody in our circle. Friedns, family, workplace, church, neighbours. I did not expose it to HER circle, this is what he doesn't want me to do. He says we have to fix our M, our issues and he has to fix his issues so we'll be fine. "No need to ruin OW's life now that the A is done" (his words, not mine).

I'll do it, I am a friend on her FB, just pray for me.

A
A
Yes, winter, do it. She has everything to do with your R.
I will pray for you!
blessing

atena
M
M
I'll do it, I am a friend on her FB, just pray for me.

Prayers are coming your way, friend. I would be sure and include your REAL email address so that anyone can follow up with you. You might even ask that someone call her parents and ask them to call you so you can have a one on one discussion with them.

Secondly, you will get supportive emails and you will also get emails from crapwits saying obnoxious, mean things. Just delete them and go on! You don't need the approval of crapwits anyway. Who cares what they think?

I would phrase the email something like this:

Dear friends of skankyhola,

It is with great regret that I write this letter, but I felt i should share some news about skanky. Skanky has been having a sexual affair with my H for the past 5 years. We have been married for 11 years and have 2 darling daughters, aged 5 and 8. Her affair with my husband has almost destroyed our marriage and my children's family.

I have evidence of the affair, along with my husband's admission of the details. When I emailed skanky and asked for her side of the story, she told me to get the details from my H, which I did.

I am sending this to warn you to watch your own marriages around her, because you could be at risk too. i would also appreciate it if someone could pass this message to Skanky's parents and ask them to call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx so I can speak to them personally.

Thank you,

Sally Winter
Timbuktu, New Yawk
sally@yahoo.com

Exposure 101

T
T
Mel,

How did you know her first name and where she lived/email?

You are good!!!!!

winter,

take this advice and do it to the T.

M
M
Originally Posted by themud
Mel,

How did you know her first name and where she lived/email?

You are good!!!!!

Jes call me Madame Cleo from Texas! grin

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I did it!

J
J
I did it!

I bet she defriends you on facebook. frown

Last edited by jmwc95; 02/04/10 02:05 PM.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by jmwc95
I did it!

I bet she defriends you on facebook. frown

I was surprised she hadn't done that yet. She is not into FB too much, she probably doesn't even remember she had me in her list of friends.

M
M
Good job, winter! Did you send emails to all her friends?

Just sit back and wait for the fireworks. Expect some nasty emails from some of her "friends" defending her affair and you won't be disappointed.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Good job, winter! Did you send emails to all her friends?

Just sit back and wait for the fireworks. Expect some nasty emails from some of her "friends" defending her affair and you won't be disappointed.

No, I don't have their e-mails. I sent a message through FB to all of them. I used your template.

So far nobody has answered me anything. She didn't have a lot of people in her list of friends, I remember she told me once (long time ago) she was not into FB and other internet social groups, so I don't even know she checks it often.

S
S
Awesome job, winter!

My sister did that to her OW and it was very effective.

hurray

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Oh, and by the way, winter, the fact that OW told your H not to call her and changed her phone number may mean nothing, so don't relax your vigil as far as watching for resumed contact. Some A's thrive on drama (much like the break up/make up stuff high school kids go through), and the drama actually fuels the passion of the A.

My FWH and his AP spent a month waggling back and forth: "I'm going to work on my marriage"..."I can't imagine staying married and not being with you"..."It's over"..."Okay, I didn't mean it, it's not over"...you get the idea.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

W
OP Offline
W
I got a message from one of her FB friends. It was a woman, she asked me if I was sure I was talking about the right person. She told me the OW was not even living in our state anymore, that she had accepted a job in another state and had moved some weeks ago and that I probably got the wrong person. She told me to not e-mail her anymore because she doesn't want to get involved in this kind of thing, but she wished me luck anyways.

M
M
Did the OW move? I would email her back and assure her it is the right person.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
E-mail whom? The lady from FB or the OW?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation