Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
OP Offline
G
She is very controlling and overbearing and OCD. I might be better off without her, but she has never worked and it would definitely cramp my lifestyle to maintain 2 households.....

P
P
Originally Posted by GentJohn
She is very controlling and overbearing and OCD. I might be better off without her, but she has never worked and it would definitely cramp my lifestyle to maintain 2 households.....

Do you love her?

G
OP Offline
G
Yes I love her, but the more I am thinking about this the more I am thinking she is toxic

S
S
And a child does not know the consequences of pulling a trigger.....an adult does.

And a wayward spouse is more childlike than a child themself.

All Blessings,
Jerry

P
P
Yes I love her, but the more I am thinking about this the more I am thinking she is toxic

.... based on ?

C
C
GJ sez: "What disgusts me so much is that she had oral sex with him, and that the first night when she crawled into be to be with me she didn't brush her teeth or shower".

WTF? This is wrong on so many counts...does she normally go to bed without brushing her 'teefs' and to top it off, not bathing?

No hold on, to top it off she gave oral to the OM, THEN failed to do what most of us do, you know, at the end of a normal day of only eating food.

Me: BH, 49 yrs old
Her: FWW 44 yrs old
A's occurred in 1988
Dday #1 (2 A's) Aug. 26, 2009
Dday #2 (3 A's) Sep. 5, 2009

My story: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...744#Post2279744

Not sure where we are going...?

G
OP Offline
G
Her behavior

Z
Z
Kids, length of marriage,finances and love all play a role in the decision.
How do you feel about the prospects of remaing with an overbearing, harsh, OCD type? There are meds for OCD. Has she availed herself of these?
If someone is really messed up and will not get help, you have to start looking out for yourself. Sometimes, they bottom out and get help. Other times , they take you down with them
Your wife is a very dangeous person. dangerous not only to your emotional well being, but to your phsycial health, as well.
She had no compunction about exposing you to STDs, potentially deadly ones. That is truly scary and says a lot about her.

C
C
Originally Posted by shinethrough
And a child does not know the consequences of pulling a trigger.....an adult does.

All Blessings,
Jerry

Exactly, a child has the excuse of being a child, an adult acting as a child has no such protection.

Me: BH, 49 yrs old
Her: FWW 44 yrs old
A's occurred in 1988
Dday #1 (2 A's) Aug. 26, 2009
Dday #2 (3 A's) Sep. 5, 2009

My story: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...744#Post2279744

Not sure where we are going...?

P
P
Her behavior

You have to support accusations.
This is your 18 year marriage with 2 kids you are talking about.

Don't get all lazy with your responses, please.

Z
Z

All Blessings,
Jerry

I disagree. Children make poor decision based on lack of expierience. WSs have the expierience but choose to ignore it. Much more responsibility for an adult making a knowing choice. Just like addictions. There is a big informed, volitional element.

S
S
You do realize that your WW needs to be completely tested for STD's and HIV now, right?

All Blessings,
Jerry

Zelmo #2319654 02/07/10 11:58 AM
S
S
I guess what I meant to say Z, is that a WS may have the knowledge to make better decisions, but it's all about me, me, me, even more so than many children.

All Blessings,
Jerry

G
OP Offline
G
The fact that she is controlling, OCD, etc and that she had the affair

P
P
The fact that she is controlling, OCD, etc and that she had the affair

I see.
Well, best of luck to you.
Take advantage of all the articles and basic concepts on this site.

Z
Z
I guess what I meant to say Z, is that a WS may have the knowledge to make better decisions, but it's all about me, me, me, even more so than many children.

All Blessings,
Jerry

I agree. That is why their behaviors are more repugnant than the mistakes kids make.

Zelmo #2319664 02/07/10 12:22 PM
S
S
agree. That is why their behaviors are more repugnant than the mistakes kids make.

PRECISELY!!!!!!!!

All Blessings,
Jerry

Zelmo #2319678 02/07/10 01:13 PM
M
M
Again, John, the fear of her throwing this back in your face makes no sense to me. It would be as if I feared my wife yelling at me down the road for not letting her cash in my 401k to buy lottery tickets or something. I would laugh at her if she cited my refusal as inappropriate.
That said, I do acknowledge that with the recnt discovery of the online cheating, you may not have been firing on all cylinders and, perhaps, in you traumatized state, you went along with this.
There is a genuine issue as to whether your endorsement actually facilitated the affair. After all, she was already cheating and there is a decent likeliehood she would have taken this to the phsyical level even had you not consented to her meeting the guy.
Many of us did some enabling early on, as we were misguided, traumatized, and completely in the dark about approprite response to something that was unimagineable to us.

Never, ever let your WW allege that you were complicit in her decision to cheat, regardless of whether you could have responded differently.
As another poster has referenced, it is not an auncommon response for a BS to tell the Ws to go to her lover. This response reflects the BS's philosophy that he or she should not have to do battle with a WS or her lover to enforce vows that the WS should abide by voluntarily, without coercion. It is somewhat demeaning to some BSs to have to "fight" for somoeone in order to have that person submit to being faithful.
If you have to coerce someone to remain faithful , where is the value in their fidelity.
You need to expose your wife's cheating to all that are close to you, IMO. She needs to feel the consequences as she needs to develop a conscience and empathy.

I'm in agreement with Zelmo on all of this.

And I personally do not believe the original poster of this thread should blame himself for his wife sleeping with the other man.

Had he been armed with the knowledge we have accumulated by reading on this board about affairs, he probably would have made different choices. But even if he had that knowledge, and still made the same decisions, it still wouldn't excuse his wife's behavior.

If my husband gave me permission to meet some guy at a motel, "I" would still be responsible for my behavior. I am not a puppet, and neither is this man's wife.

He didn't give her puppet permission to sleep with the OM anyway, he gave her what God gives us, free will.

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

L
L
Gent:

You not getting the response you expected are you?

You wanted help in "Surviving an Affair", and your first attempts went the wrong way, didn't they?

Not unexpected, you were completely out of your element, weren't you?

You stated that you ran an international business. Maybe you in sales. (Maybe not, but to truly successful, you need to sell, even if its only yourself and your business...)

So maybe, you thought by agreeing to having your WW meet the POSOM, (which, full disclosure, I used to be) maybe you were thinking of that old sale technique of "try the other product, and then you will come back to ours because it is better"

Actually, we can come up with all sorts of theories as to why you agreed to what you agreed to. One, you had just discovered practically the worst thing a spouse can find out about thier partner. Two, You KNEW you were better than OM. Three, you negotiated with her, and she agreed to terms with you. Four, and this is where everything went off the rails, SHE DIDN'T STAAY WITH THE AGREEMENT.

And that's the crux of your problem. You had never dealt with a wayward wife before, and how they will agree to anything to continue thier "fix". Sure, in your business, I'm sure you have dealt with some less than perfect business people, but you protect yourself up front by getting legal agreements, or information regarding those folks that can protect you.

And you had been married to this woman for 18 years. And I will presume that in many cases she seemed a responsible, even caring person to you. You have since backed off a little, calling her OCD and other things....

Your going to go back through your entire marriage looking for reasons to paint her as the worst, or best, wife and mother. Its a natural reaction. How could you have picked the wrong person? People change. She may not have been anything like this 15-20 years ago. Maybe not even 2 years ago. Doesn't matter, she is this way NOW.

This MB stuff is about building a better marriage and way of doing things. This DB is good for the immediate issues, and rants and "what do you guys think" posts. But for serious fixing the issues in your marraige, you need to call the Harleys and schedule some time with Dr. Harley and telephone consuling. Maybe attand the next MB weekend in Minneapolis.

Yes, your wayward wife should be doing these things. But right now? Your the only one with a clear head that can make choices that make sense for the future. Your first choice about the meeting was wrong, but you can recover from that and make better choices in the future. Your costs for coaching with Harleys may be much less than an actual divorce.

Oh, about the lack of brushing and mouthwash? Yeah, that's disgusting... but she wanted to be with YOU afterward, didn't she? She wanted your approval after the fact, didn't she? How wrong is that? This isn't like the woman you married is it?

And this is the final note: YOUR IN CHARGE HERE. WW? She has nothing. Only hollow threats and anger. You hold all the cards. She cheated, and you have the "get out of marriage free" card. You can decide to work this marriage and try to get to recovery because it the right thing for you to do. You can give it your all for the next couple of months, and maybe you can recover your marriage. You can also just throw in the towel. I prefer the trying all you can do to fix it before throwing in the towel, because that is what is best for your kids in the long run.

If not, then she is bounced from this marriage because of HER ACTIONS. Not yours.

Sorry you have to be here. Your in the best place to fix this though.

LG

Also? You may decide that no matter what, you

M
M
That sums it up nicely LG.

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 459 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation