Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 76 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 75 76
K
K
Holy, it's been a whole week! What's been going on in your world?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
Nothing to speak of. Just keeping my head above water for now. Reflecting that two years ago -- on Valentine's Day -- was the one and only time I came face to face with Bimbo. We had our "Jerry Springer" go round at her house, and D!ck yelled at me saying he was filing for D.

I could of missed the pain ... but I'd of had to miss the dance. The dance of doing EVERYTHING I could to keep my marriage together. I bought myself a year -- but couldn't stop D!ck and the run away train he was on.

K
K
hug

Keep doing well, then. And if you need any help, I'm here. lashes

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, KR... I might just take you up on it.

Today.... tee, hee... was another classic Holyheart moment.

Seems I uncovered Bimbo's SS# a few weeks ago and today I...
accessed her credit report

by...
answering a few questions about her on-line

Poor D!ck. Just as I suspected. 19 negative items showed up. Bimbo's had several bills go to collections, she's behind on her mortgage (made arrangements to reduce her payments) and her car lease (a portion was written off), and she couldn't pay her cell phone bill. No wonder D!ck needed to get us off his account so he could add her and her kids.

And Bimbo is an "authorized user" on several of D!ck's credit card accounts. And the balances just keep growing.

Bills that went to collection were for pizza (maybe bounced check?), vet, UPS store. I even noticed some were very recent. So much for D!ck -- THE BANKER -- keeping her afloat in the year they've lived together.

I can't believe how much money the two of them have gone through. What's surprising is that even with all the lines of credit D!ck's accessed this year, Bimbo is STILL behind on basic bills like house and car. Either D!ck's hiding money or he's losing BIG time gambling. I already know that her Mary Kay business is a racket -- either con women into selling or just keep putting inventory on the credit cards and no one is the wiser.

Ahhh... the fantasy continues.

F
F
Very cool. Good on you!

Did you use one of the free credit report sites? Typically they only allow one check per year, so if Bimbo has a reason to check it (from the sound of it she probably doesn't even know credit reports exist), and finds her access denied, that could cause a stir...

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
K
K
I think you can check for free three times a year, once from each bureau, but I am not entirely sure.

H
H
that is correct...once a year for each bureau. d

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
OP Offline
H
You are right. I tried the other two bureaus, but reports had been generated within the year. I tried the third one and -- BINGO -- I hit gold.

Now.... what to do with the info. I know D!ck already knows about her financial predicament. He's her HERO trying to help poor her and her kids. I think he's already stepped in since her mortgage company just recently made a deal with her to reduce the payments.

I have a few ideas which are NOT TAKING THE HIGH ROAD.

K
K
Tell me about them, then? smile As long as they're not illegal you'll be fine.

H
OP Offline
H
Nasty phone calls from "credit companies" reminding her to pay her bills? Maybe a threat to repossess her Cadillac? Messages on D!ck's phone that his name was given as a "responsible party" on some of her accounts and requiring him to pony up?

I don't know. I hate for them to bond even further or give D!ck another reason to put on his Superman cape and rescue her. But I came across this information for a reason so I'd love the opportunity to use it to pop their fantasy bubble!

I know, I know. I should probably do nothing knowing that their debt is growing while I'm fairly protected under the rules of divorce. And since some of the late accounts are faily recent, I should lay low and wait for the crash to happen.

K
K
Maybe have a friend call (because D!ck and Bimbo will recognize your voice) and remind Bimbo she is late and is there a problem? That would get them sweating.

F
F
As someone who "rescued" my WW like this, let me tell you that it gets old after a while.

Rescuing is one thing. But when the irresponsible financial behavior continues, after a while the drain becomes palpable. At least to me it did.

I don't have to run a credit check on my WW. Even though she's moved out and got a modest sum from the sale of her parents' property, I still get creditor phone calls. She's consistently late paying her phone bill (her absolute lifeline), and I even got an overdue credit card statement recently (her mail has been forwarded; I guess this one slipped through the cracks).

She's already used OM's credit card account to pay her phone bill online. She might be giving him cash to cover it, but how long is he going to want play this game?

Bimbo sounds just like The Leopard. She isn't capable of managing her finances, and cannot control her impulse spending. Unless your WH has an unlimited supply of funds, he's going to watch his financial security go right down the drain.

What? You mean FS isn't one of his top EN? Since when?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
H
OP Offline
H
How long before the damsel in distress shows her true colors or the hero takes off his rose colored glasses? Those, my friends, are the million dollar questions of when AND how the A will end.

Schoolbus says they need to turn on each other. That WH needs to start complaining about OW, and OWs wails are louder than the BSs. Hard to hear the complaints when I'm in Plan B with the only contact an occasional text.

Wish I could push the envelope!!

C
C
Oh HH, this saga just keeps getting worse by the week. This has got to be one of the biggest train wrecks waiting to happen that I've ever seen.

I just can't believe that it hasn't happened yet. By the time it does, things are going to be BAD, BAD, BAD.

Stay in Plan B and keep out of the way.

After I got Miss Mullets phone number off of XWHs phone, I found out her name etc. and in my research I found that she has already filed bankruptcy twice. The last time was right before I found out about her. XWH is her knight with shining corporate Amex. The game is this - when his expense reimbursement checks aren't enough to pay the corporate Amex, he takes cash advances against his "secret" cards. Luckily she has a trailer they can live in.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
T
T
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
This!

As you know, I recently took WXH to small claims court and the judge tore a strip off him. He has until this Thursday (the 18th) to pay me. Though I'm fully expecting him to not pay a minute early, I still wonder if he'll force me to take it the next step even knowing he can't win and it will cost him even more money. The bitter end of this type of battle involves a choice by me to either garnish his wages or garnish his bank account. I happen to know that OW is joint on his bank account, which means if I chose this route, I would have to officially serve her. In fact, I COULD have officially served her from the get-go since it is the account where my income tax was deposited. A part of me *almost* wants it to get to this state. Almost. Think about it - he's being a first class $4!t by drawing out a case he can't possibly win (and costing himself money in the process). Why shouldn't I do the same thing in return?? Because the only thing this serves to do is create more drama to fuel the affair. I am through being a party to their "love"!!! I'll do what I have to do to get my money back, but I refuse to do it in a way that brings them even closer together. Oh they deserve each other alright, but they can parasitise somebody else for a change. I'm done with it.

And you should be too!

B
B
Originally Posted by Tabby1
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
This!

As you know, I recently took WXH to small claims court and the judge tore a strip off him. He has until this Thursday (the 18th) to pay me. Though I'm fully expecting him to not pay a minute early, I still wonder if he'll force me to take it the next step even knowing he can't win and it will cost him even more money. The bitter end of this type of battle involves a choice by me to either garnish his wages or garnish his bank account. I happen to know that OW is joint on his bank account, which means if I chose this route, I would have to officially serve her. In fact, I COULD have officially served her from the get-go since it is the account where my income tax was deposited. A part of me *almost* wants it to get to this state. Almost. Think about it - he's being a first class $4!t by drawing out a case he can't possibly win (and costing himself money in the process). Why shouldn't I do the same thing in return?? Because the only thing this serves to do is create more drama to fuel the affair. I am through being a party to their "love"!!! I'll do what I have to do to get my money back, but I refuse to do it in a way that brings them even closer together. Oh they deserve each other alright, but they can parasitise somebody else for a change. I'm done with it.

And you should be too!

Listen to this adice. I don't know if what you did was legal, (I have my doubts), but you should do nothing that puts you in a bad light. Stay very dark, use this information only if it is to your direct benefit-- my sisters WH spent away his life and CONNED his own mother out of 10K to finance his last A. In court the judge ruled that my sis was not responsible for most of the debt he ran up (spoiled his little plan). but the creditors still called her and tried to marr her credit report for years.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
H
OP Offline
H
Just in case any of you were wondering what D!ck's up to...
He's in Vegas

There's no doubt that he's off his rocker. And I will not be boasting to D!ck or letting Bimbo know that I found out about her financial messes. I will share this information with my attorney in case he's able to somehow use it in my defense.

C
C
Unbelievable.

But you know, going to Vegas is a way to keep the fantasy going. Vegas is the ultimate fantasy land, so going there keeps the A burning.

Trouble is, they eventually have to pay for it, and, even Vegas will get old after a while.

My old company used to have their meetings there and I finally got tired of the MGM Grand.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
H
OP Offline
H
I'm trying to get my tax stuff together -- first time EVER I need to figure out how to file.

I text D!ck saying that I'm filing head of household and claiming a portion of the mortgage interest for certain months and the dollar amount for family support. He texts back "U r not itemizing. Call accountant." I respond "Pretty sure I am itemizing. Accountant is not my tax guy."

Always the bully saying that I can't itemize. Hummm...
This morning, he sends several more texts. That if I claim a portion of the interest that he paid, then I'd need to claim a portion of his income. Huh?

Another text -- if we filed joint, they you'd get a bigger return.

I responded "I'd get the return?" [Last year, we filed jointly, got back a substantial return, and he kept every dime.}

He responds that yes, I'd get it all back. And regardless of how we filed, he didn't want back any return. OK -- I know what this means. If we file jointly, we get back a return and I can have it.

If we file separately, I get a return. He pays.

So he's not being a nice guy here -- he'd just rather not pay. And if he agrees to give me the money, he's still NOT PAYING the IRS.

What to do....what to do.

We're in plan D/FU right now. He avoids me like the plague. Bimbo is in BIG financial straits. If he pays the IRS -- HELLO? That would be one BIG consequence.

But the money..... I hate to say it but a big return (filing jt.) would help me and the kids out more than a little return (me filing separately). And my attny says that if we DO file joint, then he'd draw up an agreement stating that I'd get the return.

But bursting his bubble? -- That will only happen if he has to pay the IRS. Wecome to the financial consequenses of divorce, D!ck!

H
OP Offline
H
Hummm.... 6 more texts from D!ck.

Now he's asking me for my income, saying that accountant will run the different senerios to see what will get us back the most money. And that the return will go to pay the kids' tuition. First it was that I get back the return. Now it's for the kids.

Always the bully, and trying to be "nice" only when it suits him.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
Page 39 of 76 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation