Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28
B
B
I'd love to tell you when the rollercoaster stops but it's a long, long ride. I'm still on it but it does get better. There will be days you feel hopeless...that for every step forward, you take 2 or maybe even 20 steps back. Don't get discouraged...that is normal...unfortunately.

Have you looked into getting any help with the kids? Even if it's part time, it may give you some breathing room.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Start the ADs, that will be very helpful.

BaT is still very foggy. Ignore him.

Do you guys know you really shouldn't be talking about the A much? Except for the assignments Steve gives you, try not to bring it up. It's doing no good because he is still so freaking foggy. The only thing that is really being accomplished is raising your blood pressure and you don't need that right now.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
How about the MBW? Have you talked to Steve about that? What does BaT think about it?

We went and it was awesome. Ours was in San Francisco so we were able to have some "fun" too...please look into it!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by black_raven
Have you looked into getting any help with the kids?

WH and I are working out of the house since the move so I am always here with them, but I do have some help with children and housekeeping.

We are interviewing for a full-time position and have been for 2 months...its just hard frown

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Do you guys know you really shouldn't be talking about the A much? Except for the assignments Steve gives you, try not to bring it up. It's doing no good because he is still so freaking foggy. The only thing that is really being accomplished is raising your blood pressure and you don't need that right now.

I know we shouldn't...its very difficult though because we spend 24 hours a day together and let me just say, s&%t happens smile We haven't talked about it at all today though...other than he asked why I am being quiet. I'm just tired....

I haven't asked Steve to talk to BaT about MBW, but I will though.

To Everyone: Thanks again for the support! hug

M
M
I know it's hard not to talk about the A right now...I know that very well.

Just encouraging you to recognize that he is FOGGY and no matter what you say right now, you are not going to get through to him.

As Steve said, he doesn't "get it" yet and every time he opens his mouth about the A all you are hearing is FOGTALK which is incredibly frustrating and hurtful.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

H
OP Offline
H
It really is frustrating!!!

It's like there is no emotion with WH...choosing to stay with his famliy is the "logical" and "rational" choice...Glad to know that I "look good on paper" and that he is such a stand-up guy for putting his family before himself.

He will never admit it to me, mainly because there are too many guns in our home, but I know that he pats himself on the back for choosing to stay with us. Like he is sacrificing himself for the good of our family.

He has even gone so far as to tell me...and its been a couple of months, so I don't want to get this wrong...BUT something like "I don't know how many good years I'll have left". Translation= I don't know how much longer I will have 6 pack abs and all the girls falling at my feet, so I want to go and live it up now, while I still can.

This man is not my husband.

N
N
HBH,

I don't have much time at the moment but I just wanted to tell you that I think you are doing quite well. I am so glad to hear about the ADs.

Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.....I apologize if my rant last night hurt YOU.....

Hang in there....

Not2fun

B
B
Ignore stupid comments like that hbh. If he starts spewing garbage, leave the room or tell him to zip it....leaving the room is probably more MB friendly. The point is don't sit there and listen to the nonsense. Many WSs are desparate not to look in the mirror and see their sack of sh&t reflection. You are not his jailer nor has a gun to his head. You have to learn to shake the crap off.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
K
K
HBH,

""he said he's just frustrated and is having a hard time dealing with everything"" faint faint faint faint

What in the fricken world does this boy have to be frustrated about?? He should be hanging his tatted up head in shame and begging your forgiveness.

Reminds me of a song..."Ain't too proud to beyeeg, sweet dahlin.." toe tap toe tap

Sounds like his pride along with his immaturity is getting in the way of his empathy...there's that word again.

The only thing he should be frustrated about is with himself and his bonehead actions...and his continued actions and or inactions!! The arrogant over the hill jock blaming it all on something or some-one else.

TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR THE DEED, DUDE.

SERIOUSLY.

kirk

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
krusht #2325251 02/17/10 08:20 PM
H
OP Offline
H
It's no secret that WH is driving me crazy with his martyrdom. But I really think I need to re-focus my energy.

We have an appointment with Steve tomorrow and I am going to run this by him:

HbH priorities:

1) Kids
2) HbH
3) Business
4) M and BaT (WH)

Pre-A it was this:

1) M and BaT (WH)
2) Kids
3) Business
4) HbH

I just feel like BaT and M have to take a backseat until BaT figures some of this out on his own.

Just wanted some experienced POV on what BS should be doing with M while WS is still in la-la land (not with PA, but with himself).

P.S. I'm still 100% committed to M and MB, I just feel like i'm spinning my wheels until BaT makes a decision.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO STRANGERS WHO LISTEN

B
B
You are still very early in this. Hubby is in the fog, and will be for awhile. But as long as there is no contact, things are very hopeful. WS's change back to how they used to be, almost like magic.

Hang in there and have hope.

G
G
I'm not a vet, so can't give you much of an experienced POV, and certainly not from a BS' standpoint. But FWIW:

In my own experience, very early after d-day (within our first 2 joint sessions), our MC asked both Trust_Will_Come & I to honestly self-assess our priorities, pre-A vs. post-A. Bottom line, we both realized that we'd not been putting each other first pre-A -- neither of us -- and we decided that we couldn't say we were giving R our best shot if we didn't do so post-A. So since then, our M has been priority #1 for each of us. Ahead of the kids. Ahead of our jobs. It was a conscious & mutual decision -- not just abstractly, but specifically, in the efforts we made to carve out UA time, and in changes we made to better meet specific ENs that we'd identified. (We judged that if the marriage tanked, the kids would suffer long-term, and our job performance wouldn't be so hot either.)

I'm not sure if that's relevant for your case, and true, you've gotta take care of yourself & the kids; but I'd personally be leery of consciously giving the M a lower priority. As anyone can attest who remembers some of my first my posts from August (over 7 months post d-day), I still sure had some of the fog thing going on; but seeing how my wife had both oars in the water & was "all-in", helped reassure me that my efforts weren't going to be in vain, as long as I kept rowing & kept trying to understand things more clearly & to do better by her.

BTW, I just tore BaT another one for his "Plan A" remark. I am rooting for you guys. I do hope he gets it soon. Hang in there, HbH.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
B
B
While WH is still in lalaland, you continue to work on yourself. Acknowledge what your shortcomings in the marriage have been and work to eliminate them. There always room for improvement in all of us. Take care of yourself and your kiddos.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

H
H
Originally Posted by hurt_but_hopeful
It's no secret that WH is driving me crazy with his martyrdom. But I really think I need to re-focus my energy.

We have an appointment with Steve tomorrow and I am going to run this by him:

HbH priorities:

1) Kids
2) HbH
3) Business
4) M and BaT (WH)

Pre-A it was this:

1) M and BaT (WH)
2) Kids
3) Business
4) HbH

I just feel like BaT and M have to take a backseat until BaT figures some of this out on his own.

Just wanted some experienced POV on what BS should be doing with M while WS is still in la-la land (not with PA, but with himself).

P.S. I'm still 100% committed to M and MB, I just feel like i'm spinning my wheels until BaT makes a decision.

Try this one,

1) God
2) Marriage - HbH & BaT (Two are one)
3) Family
4) Business

This is the GOAL you're working toward!

Last edited by tst; 02/18/10 10:19 AM. Reason: added on

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
G
G
Glad to know that I "look good on paper"
This bothered me too. To this day I sometimes wonder if my wife would have returned to the marriage if OM had two penny's (Or two brain cells) to rub together.

He will never admit it to me, mainly because there are too many guns in our home, but I know that he pats himself on the back for choosing to stay with us. Like he is sacrificing himself for the good of our family.
He does, he believes he is wonderful for the sacrifice he is making for you.

My wife was the same way, she was actually PROUD of herself for making the RIGHT decision and sacrificing HER happiness for her marriage. She would almost brag about it to her family.
banghead

It took months before I even sow a hint of genuine remorse.

"I don't know how many good years I'll have left". Translation= I don't know how much longer I will have 6 pack abs and all the girls falling at my feet, so I want to go and live it up now, while I still can.
Listen, this worries me.
From this statement, and reading your thread and you WH's thread....

I truly, honestly believe this man WILL cheat on you again if he has the opportunity. The only way to prevent it is with very, extraordinary precautions. I think the only way this man will not cheat, is if he never, ever has the opportunity to again.

The repercussions from an affair will not be enough to prevent it. Having another affair is a gamble he WILL be willing to take!

This man is not my husband.
Have you considered that maybe this IS your husband? And that the man you thought you married is a fantasy?

I really do get a bad feeling from him, and I absolutely hate the pain you are in and don't want you to go through it ever again.

On a business note.

My people still have not heard from your people about the boat and RV. This is a little dis concerning considering we have already had a slab poured for parking the RV next to the Associations building, and rented a slip for the boat at a local marina. Also, some specifications on the RV would be helpful, mainly it's GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) so we can estimate it's towing ability.

Please have your people expedite this information to the association ASAP. We are very exited about this generous donation and look forward to finishing up the paperwork.

Last edited by Gack1; 02/18/10 11:56 AM.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
Gack1 #2325514 02/18/10 11:18 AM
M
M
I diagree with Gack, I don't think he is that different than many other WH's out there (some are just smart enough enough not to VERBALIZE it). My FWH just mostly kept his mouth shut, but I don't know, he could have been THINKING many of these things.

That Plan A comment was the kicker...that just shows that there is nothing in his brain right now except fog. What a dumb*ss. I would have burst out laughing at the stupidity of it, but that is probably a LBer too. Better than kicking his teeth out though.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by tst
Try this one,

1) God
2) Marriage - HbH & BaT (Two are one)
3) Family
4) Business

This is the GOAL you're working toward!

You are right TST...I've asked WH repeatedly to attend church again...at first, he flat out said "I don't want to go to church" now he just says OK, but never actually will do it. It's just not the life he wants right now...he WANTS to be on our boat, drinking and living the high-life.

and I know I should be putting M next...but it is SO consuming...I feel like all I do is read MB and SAA and LB book and try to focus on BaT...and I know I am not taking care of myself, kids or business like I should. I don't know...its just a struggle for me to put this effort when he is still in LaLaLand... sigh

G
G
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
I diagree with Gack,
How DARE YOU!!!! twoxfour

Kidding rotflmao

I hope I am wrong about her WH, I just want to put the possability out there, thats all.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
Gack1 #2325577 02/18/10 12:19 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Gack1
Have you considered that maybe this IS your husband? And that the man you thought you married is a fantasy?

Of course I have, everday...I know I come across here as a complete basket-case; but in another life, I was actually quite coherent. But, I am going to give him the chance to straighten this out. I have three LITTLE children. They need their dad. Make no mistake, if there weren't children involved, I wouldn't be on this forum. But there are, and I am smile

Originally Posted by Gack1
On a business note.

My people still have not heard from your people about the boat and RV. This is a little dis concerning considering we have already had a slab poured for parking the RV next to the Associations building, and rented a slip for the boat at a local marina. Also, some specifications on the RV would be helpful, mainly it's GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) so we can estimate it's towing ability.

Please have your people expedite this information to the association ASAP. We are very exited about this generous donation and look forward to finishing up the paperwork.

You are a comedian...maybe in this life, maybe in another, but a comedian no less smile Thanks for the smile!

Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation