Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 47 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 46 47
N
N
Originally Posted by wannamoveforward
Not sure I have much fight left, the last 8 weeks have been an emotional nightmare.
I plan to drag it out as long as possible, but at some point if one wants out, it will go through.

Given the turmoil of the last 8 weeks your pain is understandable.

That being said its time to step back and re-ask yourself

WHAT DO YOU WANT ?

Yes its a tough road this recovery.
Yes its going to be you and you along pulling this wagon for a while.
Yes it can be done.

From your posts it reads as if at this point you are just wiling to do what ever your WH wants.

How about what you want. If you dont want a D then stop preparing for you and laying out the red carpet for him so he can get what he wants.

Are you ready to throw in the towle beacuse You want a D
or are you ready to throw in the towel because you are too tired of fighting.

If you are tired then take a REST.

DO NOTHING.
DONT PACK
DONT RESPOND TO EMAILS
DONT HELP HIM GET THE D THAT WANTS.

Then when you are rested and ready either resume the fight or decide what YOU want and do that.

I know its not easy but thats no reason you give up. You are stronger than that! Even I can see that from all the way here cool

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

Free.... and going wherever the big guy wants me to go......
N
N
MM

For me Plan B

Rest from the fight of A and alcoholism.

I didn't cause it-I cant cure it-I cant control it.

Show my DD16 this is not the way M should be.

I'm on a time out

Nesre

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks, will need to consider.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
N
N
BUMP

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

M
M
Bump because Schoolbus was on this morning.

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Spoke to his aunt this morning, she thinks that he has simply made up his mind and says save yourself.
crybaby

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
P
P
BUMP up for SCHOOL BUS

S
S
Okay, I will comment in red for you. Pay close attention to the third paragraph, because in this case, that's what this letter is allllllllll about. I don't know what you and OW's H did, but you really got to him. You hit him very hard with it, and he took it to heart. He does try to say he didn't, but he DID. Good job on it, whatever it was.

PARAGRAPH ONE I have a couple of questions for you. Why is it so hard to accept the fact that OW and I might actually love each other? People fall in love all the time. I have told you repeatedly what and who I want. OW has told OW H as well. Yet because its not what you want to hear its automatically wrong and our feelings can't be real. Why? Basically introductory. He is using rhetorical questions to attempt to declare love for OW. This is purposeful in nature, because paragraph three is the true nature of this letter. He does this opening paragraph unwittingly, by the way. I doubt he realizes that the nature of the letter actually is anger and outrage at your bomb hitting directly on-target. This paragraph opens as defensive toward the affair - however, the language is weak in terms of the structure. He uses rhetorical language when a more direct approach would have been much stronger.

Don't you think a declarative "I LOVE MY OW MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF, AND YOUR ATTEMPT TO SEPARATE US WILL NEVER WORK," would have been more effective?

PARAGRAPH TWO

What is it you to are trying to hold on too or is it the fear of change? Do you really feel it would be better to stay with someone who is in love with someone else than accept change?
I know we handled this whole thing badly and we have hurt both you and OW H. But explain to me what you to are doing with all the stories? Exposure is getting to me. Do you feel that by causing stress and pain to the rest of our families will change the way OW and I feel about each other? Or is it simply revenge? Every time you guys have tried to destroy our relationship with half truths and lies she and I have grown stronger. I have tried to tell others that what you say is half-truth and lies. So far this hasn't worked, but I'm giving it my best shot. You told me about all the people who lost respect for me. You might want to open your eyes. At first this was true And by the way, this is still getting to me, so I am going to try to hit you hard with something, and here it comes but with what you and OW H have been doing has changed that perception. So I hit you back now, and somehow it wasn't really hard enough, because whatever it is that you and OWH did, it has cut me to the core, and my family and friends now know something REALLY ugly and that just is killing me. My family, most of the guys at work and even some of your own friends find your actions pathetic at best! Just so you know, when someone tells you your actions are "pathetic", it usually means they are trying to brush you aside as ineffective to them because whatever you did has been like a nuclear bomb to them and they have no ability to respond. So their response is to act as though you didn't hurt them at all - they call you "pathetic" in an attempt to paint you as weak and ineffective, when in fact you have struck them a mortal blow.

PARAGRAPH THREE - THE MONEY SHOT
Last night you two decided to take your frustration out on OW by telling me how she is playing both sides. My guess is you told him that OW is telling her H she loves her H, and your H that she also loves him. In other words, she is a cake-eater. Big surprise? My love for her doesn't allow me to believe that. In other words, "I don't want to believe that, I can't believe it, because if I do I am a complete and total idiot who is being used. So I will cling to my knight in shining armor role for a little longer. Although, truth be told, I actually DO believe it. I have known for awhile now. Look at my weak argument in paragraph one - because paragraph one contains the words of a WOMAN...guess who has spoken these words to YOUR HUSBAND? Let's just suppose for a moment it was true. Who will get hurt? I will!!!!! I would think you guys would be over joyed at the thought of that so why warn me. I am crushed that the two of you can see me at my weakest point in life, that my secrets are out there for all to see, and that I am now poised for the greatest crash I will ever take, and that it will be PUBLIC and on display. I don't know that I will be able to do this, and to think that my WIFE will be laughing at me. I have no chance. ---- See note at bottom. Just makes me realize its another one of your stories and half truths. I am going to hold out the hope that maybe my OW will change her mind. I am weakly optimistic, but already know my fate.

PARAGRAPH FOUR
You call me a coward for not wanting to talk to you and OW H. I have offered to talk to OW H if he wants to. Why would I want to talk to you. I have told you what I want and how I feel. That makes me a coward because I don't want to stand there and be belittled and insulted? I am actually open to talking to you, but not in the way we have talked in the past. I am afraid of what I might have to hear, and the way we have communicated in the past has not been effective. Hell I put up with that for 12 years. Why would I go back for more? This is an open question - do you notice that he leaves it open and unanswered - where the other seemingly rhetorical questions were answered? He is actually asking for an answer to the question - what is there back there for me? I wish you and OW H all the happiness in the world for your future but please stop.

PARAGRAPH FIVE Why do you insist on making me hate you? In the end hating you makes everything I am doing a whole lot easier I don't really hate you yet. It would be easier if I did, but...there is something here. I am angry, but hate isn't here. so I guess I owe you two a big Thank you!

PARAGRAPH SIX
You keep asking me when they are going to serve you papers. Again I am telling you THEY won't. I asked them not too! I will do that myself. Does that make me a coward too? Calling him a coward was not a good idea. Apologize honestly as soon as you can. This will go a long way with him - this stuck with him and is motivating him. Anyway the rough draft will be emailed to me an Monday. After I review it I will send it to you probably on Wednesday so you can take it to your attorney for review.
By the way to save you some time I had already told my aunt about us and Mom told Grandma and Grandpa last night. Anyone else I can notify for you just let me know.
You told me you were not coming home until Sunday night. Well unless you are in a big freakin hurry just wait until Monday morning. I will be gone by then and you can have the house to yourself! I gave you your space when you asked so give me mine! Feel free to share this with OW H as you seem to share everything else.
He believes that the affair is being broken up by exposure and that the OW is cake-eating. He already knew that, even before whatever you and OWH did. He sees the public knowledge as very difficult to overcome. Your WH is a very proud man, and this publicity has hit him hard.

The note above is to let you know that he thinks that after what he has done there is absolutely no hope. I think he is filing paperwork because the threat of being a coward to do so has pushed him toward that, as well as being combined with the idea that he will take a very public crash soon leaves him NO OPTION TO GO HOME.

If you want to save this marriage, he must believe he has an open-hearted woman who will take him back, no matter what, and work on the problems that created the situation in the marriage that led to the conditions for an affair to occur. He has to believe you CAN AND WILL forgive him.

He has to believe that you want the marriage, and HIM, in spite of all of it.

Right now, he doesn't believe it. And he thinks he is going downhill in front of everyone.

Schoolbus

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
P
P
Just so you know, when someone tells you your actions are "pathetic", it usually means they are trying to brush you aside as ineffective to them because whatever you did has been like a nuclear bomb to them and they have no ability to respond. So their response is to act as though you didn't hurt them at all - they call you "pathetic" in an attempt to paint you as weak and ineffective, when in fact you have struck them a mortal blow.

I love this insight.
Thanks!

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ok, to start a line of dialogue I emailed this to him:
[/color]Despite all the horrible things that are going on and have been said; I truly do not think you are a coward. I just wish that you could talk to me again.
I hope you have a nice birthday tomorrow.

[color:#000000]

Here was his repsonse:
[color:#FF0000][/color]Thanks for the Bday wish! Have a good weekend!

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Can anyone interpret that?

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

P
P
On my phone, so brief.
His response lacked sarcasm/anger.
Almost sounded relieved.

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
so that is good right?
I still feel clueless to all of this.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
M
It sounds like you hit the right note w/ him.

You used the stick in plan A when you and OMH exposed the A. And now you gave him the carrot side of Plan A.

Yes, it is good.

M
M
schoolbus, thank you so much for doing this. Each time you do this for one person, you help many more. Thanks again.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
and my next move should be????
Just leave it at that and wait until I see him next weekend? Email him something else?
Since I am not there and have not spoken to OWH, I have no idea what is going on or if he is going to see her, I assume he is since it is his b-day.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

L
L
Assume that he is going to see her. In the meantime, do some self-pampering. Hair, facial, manicure, pedicure, nice bubble bath...and maybe a flattering new outfit. Take care of YOU, and look your very best the next time you see him.

No relationship talk with him. If he brings up the divorce, "lightly" tell him, with a smile, that you don't want to discuss it.

Make it brief, and then you be the first to leave, and make sure you leave on a friendly note.

Show him that you are the woman he fell in love with and married.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
OK, thanks

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

N
N
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
It sounds like you hit the right note w/ him.

You used the stick in plan A when you and OMH exposed the A. And now you gave him the carrot side of Plan A.

Yes, it is good.

I agree with this.....you did very well.....((((((mm))))))

Page 19 of 47 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 504 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation