Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2331553 03/02/10 03:32 PM
L
lgtex Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm looking for an "easy to use" GPS. something that can be hidden well. (my husband is a fed. agent and looks for these types of things) I'm finding most need to be close to a window, and not under metal or a seat.

any suggestions?

BS (ME)40
FWH 40
M 18yrs
DS 16, 14, 12
DDay #1 10/09 innaprop email
DDay #2 12/18/09 SA phone/email, met 4 times over 12m
DDay #3 12/25/09 (full confess. Merry Christmas!) 2 ONS,in 08, 2 EA/phone/internet.06-08
NC 12/19/09 sent emails to ALL!

R
R
Where are you right now in M and why do you need GPS ?.

Part of how to end A ... he has to amend you. One of them is putting his phone on familymap (att) or even Free tracking . If he uses fed's car, most of it has a GPS build in. Get access to his.

-rh-

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

Happily Married to Lady Elina - 04/29/06
F
F
I used a GPS Tracking Key from LandAirSea, Inc. I put it in a plastic sandwich bag to ensure its being waterproof and then stuck inside the rear bumper using its built-in magnet.

It uses two AA batteries, is motion-activated, and even retains the data if the batteries die (changing the batteries requires a bit of a steady hand and a good screwdriver). It keeps a log of time, location, duration of stop, speed and more. If you install Google Maps you can even get a map view of the path taken.

Sorry, no Mac support.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
M
M
I second that gps from landairsea. That is one nifty device. I wish I had it back when I needed it. And I agree that the screws that mount on the batt panel are small and a good small screwdriver is a must. Great device.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
L
lgtex Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I discovered his A Dec. 18/09. He immediately NC (OW is out of state) WH is remorseful, states he doesnt want the OW, has been willing to do anything I ask. WH requested no work travel for as long as possible. WH has maintained NC (according to WH) I'm not really concerned about him physicaly seeing her, since she is out of state. But, he could have a disposable phone. Mabe a voice activated recorder hidden in the car would be better....? I have access to his phone records, he has to request them from DC, which he has done. I do not have access to the emails on his blackberry. (WH shows me anytime I ask) I have checked all sorts of "phone spy" software, but nothing will work on his phone. It is verizon and has very strict security features....same with his computer at work. I don't know if there is a GPS on his car. I will ask. I don't think I could have access to that if it did...he works/drives VERY high profile people....

WH has not given me any reason to doubt the NC. I just don't trust him.....it's barely been 3 months.

BS (ME)40
FWH 40
M 18yrs
DS 16, 14, 12
DDay #3 12/25/09 (full confess. Merry Christmas!) 2 ONS,in 08, 2 EA/phone/internet.06-08

R
R
Originally Posted by lgtex
WH has not given me any reason to doubt the NC. I just don't trust him.....it's barely been 3 months.

hug .... Recovery is hard. So far your WH is really trying to behave like H and you have an awesome MC. You want to snoop because you don't trust him. I could see why, you had to pull some tooth and chopped limbs to get him to confess.

I give you another point of view. Why focusing on snooping which is very hard to do and WH is a fed ! ... he knows how to counter surveillance. IMVHO, I disagree on snooping on the road to recovery. Any steps implemented should be out in the open. In your case, you are in early road to recovery and WH is doing his best to earn your trust. Use deterrence, send a very clear message - I will end this M if you hurt me again since we already try our best to recovery. I will give up on this M. Stop snooping, let WH fillin your ENs and train him to fillin the way you need it. You need to give feed back to your WH and MC that you are still having a hard time.

Work on your M and focus on recovery. Put this on back burner and revisit it a couple of months if you still want to snoop.

-rh-

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

L
lgtex Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you redhat. I feel we are doing very well, even better than before all this. He is now the H I have always wanted and he says he enjoys "us" like never before....meeting each others EN. We are reading the Harleys books and learning alot and communicating like never before.

I'm glad to hear you say to put the snooping on the backburner, it's stressful just to think about it! If there is ANY reason to become suspicious again I will certainly re-visit it.

BS (ME)40
FWH 40
M 18yrs
DS 16, 14, 12

R
R
Glad I could help. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation