Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
P
OP Offline
P
Yesterday, I watched a DVD of George Clooney's latest movie,
Up In The Air.

It reminded me of this thread.

Has anyone else seen this movie?

What did you think of the woman he got involved with?
Were you surprised?

NOT SO RUN OF THE MILL ! shocked

Z
Z
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Yesterday, I watched a DVD of George Clooney's latest movie,
Up In The Air.

It reminded me of this thread.

Has anyone else seen this movie?

What did you think of the woman he got involved with?
Were you surprised?

NOT SO RUN OF THE MILL ! shocked

Can't watch Clooney since he beat me by three votes in the sexiest man of the year competition a few years ago. I still cannot beleive I lost to this guy.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Zelmo
I still cannot beleive I lost to this guy.

Me neither.

Z
Z
Paul Reubens, I would not mind losing to. But, Clooney....

Pee Wee has a new stage show opening in Vegas, BTW.

Last edited by Zelmo; 01/13/10 10:37 PM.
Z
Z
Correction: the show is opening in L.A. hehhhe, hehhe.

O
O
I saw this movie and said to myself before she even came to the door, I know what he would find. It was a good movie though. I may not have liked it as much if I knew what was going on before hand though. George is so hot!

T
T
I do not understand the George Clooney appeal. He just seems like a playboy with a big ego. But to each his own. I never liked Tom cruise either. I'm more of a tall, salt and pepper hair, soft around the middle, brown eyes, Bronte hero looks kind of girl. (oh, wait, I married that guy!!)

Zelmo......all I can say is, "I know you are but what am I???"

O
O
It's not his personality I'm looking at lashes

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by verysadtime
I saw this movie and said to myself before she even came to the door, I know what he would find.

Me too!
Just as he was looking up at the house, I thought; "NOT a single woman's home."

It was a good movie though. I may not have liked it as much if I knew what was going on before hand though.

I liked it for many different reasons.
Shows what deception looks like.

George is so hot!

Should be illegal, his faint hotness.
Even my 20-year-old DD says; "Mom, he's soooooooo handsome."

O
O
Yes that was a great example of real deception. I had gotten kind of wrapped up in the "connection" they seemed to have not knowing what was coming. She seemed beautiful, funny and smart. Then, when she opened that door, she was just a low life, ugly person.

O
O
Same as how once you know what your WS has done your visual perception of them totally changes. Isn't that interesting? Because, other than maybe looking haggard, they really haven't changed physically.

P
OP Offline
P
BUMPING up for any WW who had 2 adulteries within the first year of marriage . think

H
H
Pep,

I read this thread because POSOW that I loved dearly and trusted so much fits into the sad, sad category of "Not so Run-of-the-Mill"....I found out that BaT was her 2nd affair less than one year into her M. BaT thinks there may have been a 3rd (in between the 1st one and BaT).

I remember so clearly the day OWH found out about the 1st guy...OW cried and told me that they were "just friends" and that it "looked bad" but that she hadn't done anything wrong. I defended her, consoled her, thought that OWH was crazy jealous.

Oh oh oh, when the scales fall from your eyes....

Nooo

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Her adultery choice gnaws her conscience!

My favorite responding post ... SugarCane correcting my spelling.

Miss SC~~~> twoxfour <~~~ Old Pepster

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/16/10 08:56 PM. Reason: It's gnaws, not knaws ... you IDIOT !!!
T
T
Is there anything to a WW having a female friend who supports/enables/facilitates the affair?

My girlfriend before my wife cheated on me as well. She had a really good friend/bad influence in her life that I believe supported her decision to cheat.

My WW, same thing. A really tight female friend that pretty much gave WW the go-ahead she needed.

Without these female friends acting like a support group, I wonder if they would have cheated. My WW, in particular.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
N
N
NOT the "run-of-the-mill" WW

5. "Follow your heart" IS her compass in life.

hmmmmm.....this whole list describes Opt's STBxWW, especially #5. Its her mantra in life.....

W
W
Good point on the female friend. My WW BFF is single and has a new fling every other weekend. My wife ofted fantasized about living the single life again. She was very close to losing her family and fullfilling that goal.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
Without these female friends acting like a support group, I wonder if they would have cheated. My WW, in particular.

In my opinion, an enabling friend provides additional justification/rationalization to do the wrong thing , to commit adultery, to break their spouse's heart ...

But, in my opinion, an enabling friend is not the primary reason someone permits themselves to cheat.
People of low moral character do not require high moral character in their friends.
People of low moral character, are more comfortable with friends who "go along" without raising objections or questions about "right" or "wrong".

W
W
Right, you surround yourself with the people you are comfortable with. A person of low moral standards hangs out with people of the same calibur.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by not2fun
NOT the "run-of-the-mill" WW

5. "Follow your heart" IS her compass in life.

hmmmmm.....this whole list describes Opt's STBxWW, especially #5. Its her mantra in life.....

The "follow your heart" thing, is very reminiscent of my 1960's and 1970's "wisdom". flirt
"If it feels good, do it." faint
I'm not sure if this was primarily due to the "hippie" times, or if it is just a common philosophy of youth. think

Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 716 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation