Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
R
OP Offline
R
If I make him leave, does that mean my marriage is over?

Or do I hope that being away and the therapy and the meds that come will help?

I know I can't be treated like this. It's too much. But this is so far over what she was to him, and is more pathological.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
B
B
Ridic,

I've been following your story (in horror) but haven't had anything to add until now. I had hoped that your H had been taken to the ER and gotten a psych consult.

I am not a doctor, but I have an H and two kids who suffer from both adhd and depression. I see what their meds do for them.

Anti-d's can begin to have a mild effect fairly quickly, but more often they take several weeks to really take hold. Then there's the added problem that based on brain chemistry, certain meds help an individual more than others. Your psych may not hit on the right med for your H the first time around. It takes several months to figure this out.

Recently I noticed that my H's depression is affected by both his anti-d's and his adhd meds (adderall). This caused me to read some studies online and I learned that some psychs will prescribe both anti-d's and a low dose of an amphetemine to people like your H who are so severely depressed. The amphetemine is quick acting and gives an immediate lift to the mood until the anti-d's get a chance to take hold. Then the patient is weaned off the amphetemine.

The problem with this approach is that the amphetemine (adderall in our case) only lasts a certain amount of time in the system. To control adhd symptoms, the medicine wears off after 6 hours or so. I have noticed, however, that the mood lifting effect lasts longer. For instance, if my son doesn't take his second dose of vyvanse (new version of adderall) in the afternoon, he's much crankier the next morning. If he has taken his second dose his mood is much brighter even though his adhd symptoms are fully evident.

This is the simple version. There are added complications, including the risk of the meds causing suicidal ideation, that only a psych can address.

The only thing you can do right now is to ignore everything he says. What he's proposing is insane. Focus on getting him the medical help he so desperately needs as soon as possible.

Me BW 48
FWH 49
D-days: too many to keep track of, but last one on 4/3/10
K
K
Originally Posted by RidicSit

Or do I hope that being away and the therapy and the meds that come will help?

I know I can't be treated like this. It's too much. But this is so far over what she was to him, and is more pathological.

You'd think by the way he's moaning and groaning that you are all powerful and holding him captive against his will.

This is no way for you to live, being abused like this.

I say hold the door open for him and say, "Any further requests that I lie is pathological and I'm not keeping you here. Go ahead and leave. Know that you are welcome here if you are working on recovery of your marriage; otherwise, you are destroying all possible ability for me to love and respect you. Go act like a teenager somewhere else."

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks, Bea- for the information. I am going to follow that research and see what his psych plans for him.

He spent all day yesterday trying to get me to make him stay, then alternately, telling me that nothing would ever make him better. He asked me if he was having a nervous breakdown- I told him he was. Then he told me I caused it and there was no going back, because I won't email the affair partner.

At which point- I completely copied from KaylaAndy- and said just what she wrote.

And then I stopped speaking to him. He's sent 30 text messages since then, which keep up the alternating love/hate on me.

I haven't replied. He came home last night and tried to come into our room, but I locked the door, so he slept in the basement.

I will insist all day today, whenever he contacts me, that he needs to find other arrangements, and that I will never discuss his affair partner again with him. I am not going to be spoken to in this manner.

On a humorous note? As he texted me " DO you think I'm having a nervous breakdown?" the sone Breakdown by Tom Petty came on the radio.

Sign?

I think so. LOL!

Peace.
B
B
Good job. If you can just hang in there and not go bonkers, he should start improving. I know how hard it is.

P
P
If he skips out on his medical appointment this week, he needs to go live with someone else. With relatives perhaps.

EDIT:

Does WH have a relationship with his parents?
Good? Bad?

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/23/10 11:06 AM.
P
P

No, it does not mean your marriage is over.
It means he has learned you have limits as to how much abusive crap you will tolerate.

He can return when he is not abusive towards you and the kids.

I sure hope he gets placed on one of the faster acting anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds.

R
OP Offline
R
Pepper-

I want him to live elsewhere right now. He can live with his parents if he chooses, he just cannot stay here, regardless of whether or not he goes to therapy this week. I cannot take how he is treating me, and what he is saying to me, and I think at this point, by me being around and him thinking he can engage me, I am delaying his rock bottom.

Thoughts? Is this good thinking on my part?

He has a complicated relationship with his parents. They are very cold and standoffish. Sometimes, I can get good help from them, and they can be supportive, and other times they wall off and throw their hands up. It's complicated. And my husband's depression comes in a straight line from his father. Straight line.

I hope he gets his meds very quickly. He is causing serious harm to my ability to be compassionate towards him at all. And my wall of low was hit. I will not discuss his affair partner with him. And I will not listen to him tell me his breakdown is my fault because I won't lie to her. Enough.

Peace.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by believer
Good job. If you can just hang in there and not go bonkers, he should start improving. I know how hard it is.

I sure hope so. This is horrible to watch.

Peace.
R
OP Offline
R
He just texted me that he mailed her a letter on Sunday.

I hope he gets arrested.

Peace.
P
P
Pepper-

I want him to live elsewhere right now. He can live with his parents if he chooses, he just cannot stay here, regardless of whether or not he goes to therapy this week. I cannot take how he is treating me, and what he is saying to me, and I think at this point, by me being around and him thinking he can engage me, I am delaying his rock bottom.

Thoughts? Is this good thinking on my part?

I support your decision 100%.
I would have done this yesterday.
But, I'm older, and have a ton of experience with crazy people. grin

He has a complicated relationship with his parents. They are very cold and standoffish. Sometimes, I can get good help from them, and they can be supportive, and other times they wall off and throw their hands up. It's complicated. And my husband's depression comes in a straight line from his father. Straight line.

Therefore, the best place for him to be at the moment is with his parents.
With people who will ignore his tirades.
And, they won't coddle him like an infant.

I hope he gets his meds very quickly. He is causing serious harm to my ability to be compassionate towards him at all. And my wall of low was hit. I will not discuss his affair partner with him. And I will not listen to him tell me his breakdown is my fault because I won't lie to her. Enough.

He's talking crazy.
And your kids certainly will be better off not experiencing his crazy talk.
I am sure you will handle this with grace & strength.
You have done so well.
Be proud of yourself.
You have shown compassion towards WH .... now show compassion towards your kids, remove a source of pain and confusion.

You will know when the tide has turned.

P
P

I hope he gets arrested.

Call her Dad & tell him to watch the mail.

EDIT:

I wonder why he told you this?
Any idea why he did not keep this a secret?

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/23/10 11:29 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband

I hope he gets arrested.

Call her Dad & tell him to watch the mail.
X2

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
R
OP Offline
R
I will do so right now. Contact her dad.

I am trying everyday, to do the right thing. It's hard, on top of how angry I am getting.

Peace.
R
OP Offline
R
I assume he told me to engage me, since I have been ignoring him. I assume he was trying to provoke a response. I have cut him off emotionally. That angst he's been piling on me has to go somewhere.

Peace.
S
S
Take it easy. You are doing GREAT. One thing at a time. Little steps. Don't look at the big picture, just the steps you can take that are within your control.

KEEP IT UP. You'll get there. One step at a time.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
I will do so right now. Contact her dad.

I am trying everyday, to do the right thing. It's hard, on top of how angry I am getting.

Your anger is your "Taker" who loves you and wants to protect you.
You can protect yourself without being mean.
What you cannot do is control your WH's perception of your behaviors as mean.
Remember, the less you say to someone who is going nuts, the better.
Clear, brief communication.
Never argue or try to over-explain your decisions.

When I am dealing with such situations I usually say:

"Nevertheless, I have made my decision"

The crazy response (blah blah blah)

I repeat:
"Nevertheless, I have made my decision"

Crazy person:

"Why can't we talk about this?"

"I have made my decision."

C
C
Be sure to tell her dad about his stupid request that you lie to OW/daughter about your marital status over the past 3-years.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
I assume he told me to engage me, since I have been ignoring him. I assume he was trying to provoke a response. I have cut him off emotionally. That angst he's been piling on me has to go somewhere.

Interesting.
I wonder if it might be a "good-bye cruel world" type letter?
OW Dad must get ahold of it before OW.

Sorry Redic.
This has a high level of suckage.

PS:

I agree with Chris.

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/23/10 11:44 AM.
C
C
Well if it is a �goodbye cruel world� letter it is both a violation of the restraining order and suitable reason for the police to take him in for a 72 hour psychiatric lock-down.

PS:

I agree with Chris.

That does not happen often around here.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/23/10 11:53 AM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 159 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation