Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
R
OP Offline
R
I need to just delete and not read them. That's a very good idea.

There was a funny one, in there, though. Apparently? He doesn't like the paint colors I picked for our kitchen.

I am not kidding.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
S
S
Originally Posted by RidicSit
There was a funny one, in there, though. Apparently? He doesn't like the paint colors I picked for our kitchen.
No, of course he didn't, and it's also your fault that those paint colours were ever manufactured in the first place.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
I wonder if he will like the color the inside of the jail is painted?

B
B
Ridic, let him be for awhile. If you are concerned for his safety, you can call his family to let them know what is going on. The best thing you can do it let him hit bottom...sooner rather than later. Don't get swept up by emotion of trying to fix him. You can still offer comfort to him but not in the way that will keep him wayward.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Hi there, Ridic. SusieQ asked me to look in on your thread. I just read through about 20 pages. Wow. Sounds like you're doing fantastic, did a great exposure and all. I don't know if I can say much that is going to help you, you're getting lots of great advice here.

But I can tell you that my WH went crazy after exposure, said and did lots of insane things. But after a few weeks into WD, he told me that he was glad that I did what I did because he wouldn't have been able to break free on his own.

He has also said he felt so much better without OW in his life, and he said he wasn't himself during that time. When I asked him about the time after exposure when he damaged our stuff (ripped one door off a kitchen cabinet, some drums), he admitted he did it at the time to scare me so he could be allowed to continue his A. Fortunately I didn't fall for it - I simply told him I would call the police if he did it again - and I continued to keep the bar high in order for him to stay in the house, in spite of all his verbal/emotional abuse, the constant texting, etc. He looks back now and he's appalled by what he said and did. He cannot believe it.

I say this so you can keep hope that your H will return someday soon. It's possible he may have to hit rock bottom first, but he will come back.

You are doing great. Good luck!

Me, BS, 35 - H, FWS, 38
Married 15 years, 4.5 years into Recovery
EA/PA 7/09-9/09
DDay 9/5/09, started Plan A
Exposed 9/13/09, started preparing for Plan B
H finally confessed and agreed to NC 9/27/09, never went to Plan B
Still a MB rookie, but striving to learn more and put it into practice every day... w/ FWH along for the ride
L
L
Ridic --

I just LOVE your sense of humor!

I just have to ask -- what color IS the kitchen??

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Ridic --

I just LOVE your sense of humor!

I just have to ask -- what color IS the kitchen??

It's a tuscan burnt orange with two walls of deep red for contrast.

Everyone else who sees it loves it.

but clearly..... LOL!

Peace.
R
OP Offline
R
Moving Forward-

I cannot tell you how much reading what you just wrote helps me. It does. Thank you so much. It gives me hope that he's in there somewhere.

Peace.
R
OP Offline
R
Black Raven-

That's my plan. More space from me, rejection from her- hopefully brings the bottom of the cliff up to his face, and fast.

Peace.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by believer
I wonder if he will like the color the inside of the jail is painted?

He likes white walls apparently. And maybe white jackets? :0

Peace.
B
B
Saw this in one of the affair articles here -

"The problem that R.J. may soon face is that his wife's cheerful attitude will wear thin. There's no telling how much longer she can try to please him without an approving response from him. Sometimes I tell spouses to just avoid each other until the withdrawal stage passes because all the effort to be kind and thoughtful is easily wasted until they start feeling better."

Be prepared to get somewhat discouraged with hubby's craziness. Hope you are taking great care of your needs and doing special things for yourself.

C
C
tuscan burnt orange....Everyone else who sees it loves it.

See, I knew if I waited long enough my 1970's orange shag carpet in the family room would come back in style.

I am going to call it Tuscan Burnt Orange from now on. In fact there are some burns on it. (Not from ant fires)

Last edited by chrisner; 03/26/10 10:23 AM. Reason: Happy Friday! Be sure to set your Troll Traps.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
WH melted down. Came to the house. I met him in the garage, so he wouldn't come in and disturb the kids.

See, this right here, your ability to think on your feet is why we all have such faith in your ability to do the right thing.

He blamed me for ruining his life,

Of course you ruined his life ! That was your plan from the start. Wasn't it? naughty

and making her hate him.

.... because YOU have that power over other people's emotions.
(HINT: subliminal message ~~~> YOU are powerful while WH and OW are very weak)

He said if he had been able to tell her the truth about who he was, she would have stayed with him, and loved him forever.

If ONLY he had not lied to her ! And, it's your fault he lied to her. grin

But I ruined that with exposure.

GAWD, this MB crowd is tough. We just push and push for exposure ... for no good reason whatsoever. wink

He told me he would have picked her over me. He would have left us all and stayed with her forever, but I took that away from him.

.... because you are in control of everything ... all the time. Always was.

Then he started to cry

Ridic, you forgot this crybaby

and told me he loved me and he wanted to be with me, but I ruined everything.

... if you hadn't ruined everything he'd be with OW who would love him forever ... but he would still be with you because he wants to be with you, except when he wants to be with her, when you ruined everything, is when he did but did not want to be with you because he wanted to be with her but you ruined everything.
Understand now? crazy

Then he said he still wanted to try with me, he just didn't know how because I ruined his life.

Quite frankly, he's lucky you let him live ... alas, that is another thread for another day ... WHERE is Chrisner's wood chipper anyway?

At this point, my dad came out and asked him to leave.

Every woman needs a HERO ! kiss

And he did.

Thank the Lord!

I woke up to 40 text messages, in varying degrees of insanity.
dramaqueen

Have not replied to any.
hurray

It? Was a bad day yesterday.

It was exhausting, I'm sure. However, the outcome was excellent !
He's falling (he needs to) and you're not falling (you chose to rise above).
hurray

WELL DONE YOU !

Last edited by Pepperband; 03/26/10 11:42 AM.
B
B
"... if you hadn't ruined everything he's be with OW who would love him forever ... but he would still be with you because he wants to be with you, except when he wants to be with her, when you ruined everything, is when he did but did not want to be with you because he wanted to be with her but you ruined everything.
Understand now?"

Pep, you explained it PERFECTLY. You ought to go into speech writing.

P
P
Originally Posted by believer
"... if you hadn't ruined everything he's be with OW who would love him forever ... but he would still be with you because he wants to be with you, except when he wants to be with her, when you ruined everything, is when he did but did not want to be with you because he wanted to be with her but you ruined everything.
Understand now?"

Pep, you explained it PERFECTLY. You ought to go into speech writing.
kiss

L
L
"... if you hadn't ruined everything he's be with OW who would love him forever ... but he would still be with you because he wants to be with you, except when he wants to be with her, when you ruined everything, is when he did but did not want to be with you because he wanted to be with her but you ruined everything."

Did you write the health reform bill?

P
P
Apparently? He doesn't like the paint colors I picked for our kitchen.

I am not kidding.

I must tell you.
There was one wayward who ...
told their betrayed spouse

"You bought the wrong soda"
(Pepsi instead of Coke) ...

and
that
was
what
caused
adultery
rotflmao

C
C
Originally Posted by Ridic

I am not kidding.

TM #26: Tuscan Burnt Orange ruined my Li-Li-Li-f-f-f-f-f-e-e-eeeeee�.sniff

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
R
OP Offline
R
I am super mighty and powerful, Pepper! I can control other people's thoughts- even people I've never met before! Woot!!!!

The whole thing is so ridiculous. In some ways, it was very, very hard not to laugh.

And your explanation of what he meant?

I am pretty sure that's exactly what he meant. You just said it prettier. wink

Peace.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Apparently? He doesn't like the paint colors I picked for our kitchen.

I am not kidding.

I must tell you.
There was one wayward who ...
told their betrayed spouse

"You bought the wrong soda"
(Pepsi instead of Coke) ...

and
that
was
what
caused
adultery
rotflmao

I am a Diet Dr. Pepper type of girl. Woe is me.

Peace.
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 159 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation