Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
B
B
Just before leaving on a two month trip with OM

"Perhaps a relationship with OM is what I want, but maybe you are what I need, perhaps I just need to indulge myself, you never know what the future holds, maybe we will get back together. I am just a little confused right now and need time to figure this out".

Translation please?

K
K
"I want you to stay right where you are while I take my sweet time deciding which of you I want. And don't get mad! Just give me time!"

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
T
T
ME: What about our wedding vows?

WW: Well, I changed my mind.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
F
F
Originally Posted by TryingEverything

Well, there you have it. The capstone of this thread.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
Z
Z
I think "Well, I changed my mind AND DID NOT TELL YOU ABOUT IT" IS EVEN MORE OF THE CAPSTONE.

S
S
Real new here, but already have a couple:

The night of exposure and calling the OM (when he agreed to end it and apparently did) - "I was working on it (ending it). I wanted to do it on my own terms for closure."

Immediately followed by: "The way you did it, I will miss him even more." Huh? That's precisely why her way wouldn't have worked in the first place.

Another jewel from that night, upon finding her going over our finances - "What are you doing?", I ask. "Finding a way we can afford for you (schtoop) to move out." Again huh? I'm not going anywhere.

C
C

And do you future WW vow to forsake all others forever or until thou changes thy mind?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
A
A
Said YESTERDAY, after me finding out there was much more to false recovery than first revealed, "Promising to be open and honest was never part of our marriage vows".

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
P
P
Originally Posted by armymama
Said YESTERDAY, after me finding out there was much more to false recovery than first revealed, "Promising to be open and honest was never part of our marriage vows".

AM

WHAT da'hail ?????

AGAIN ????

Is he brain-damaged or sompin' ???

T
T
Originally Posted by TryingEverything

A great answer to virtually any commitment:

Mortgage payments giving you the blues... "I changed my mind."
Tired of those nasty student loans... "I changed my mind."
Car payments got you down... "I changed my mind."

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
L
L
My H just last night told me that he was entitled to his privacy and that I had no business being snoopy in his stuff (after I looked through the papers in his truck console clipboard thingie in a search for MY debit card).

He said, "My stuff is none of your business."

I said, "It most certainly is!"

He said, "I don't mess around in your stuff."

Me: "I don't care if you do, as long as you don't tear it up."

Him: "I have a right to my privacy."

Me: "He who has nothing to hide, hides nothing. But, you do have a right to use the bathroom by yourself."

Him (looking confused): "What's using the bathroom got to do with your snooping?"

Me: "Look, I do not care if you look through my stuff, but I will look through your stuff whenever I want. That is a non-negotiable, forever thing that is a result of your screwing around all those years ago. Keep your nose clean, and you have nothing to worry about!"

No, I don't think he's got another OW. I think he's afraid I'll find his stash of money that he claims to not have.

Last edited by Lady_Clueless; 02/04/10 05:56 PM.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
Wow with all these crazy statements, I'm wondering. ARE WE ALL MARRIED TO THE SAME PERSON???

"Never get in a bed if your name isn't written on it"
S
S
That's the point of this thread 26, we need to see that they ARE reading from the same BAD BAD SCRIPT. Nothing new. Some players have changed but the lines are still the same.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Hey, how do you do the signature stuff at the bottom of your post

S
S
t/j You go to my stuff-edit profile-scroll to the bottom-write your stuff-save and VOILA you got it Charlie.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
Originally Posted by 26years
Hey, how do you do the signature stuff at the bottom of your post

Click on "My Stuff" and then select "My Profile"...there is a box at the bottom to add a signature.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks blackraven

M
OP Offline
M
Oh yeah... when WW was planning on moving out and getting her own place she said this gem:

"We can still be the best of friends. I was thinking that you could come over and help arrange the furniture and hang pictures on the walls for me."

Huh? I'd rather be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!!! Wayturds....

L
L
Originally Posted by mindshare
Oh yeah... went WW was planning on moving out and getting her own place she said this gem:

"We can still be the best of friends. I was thinking that you could come over and help arrange the furniture and hang pictures on the walls for me."

Huh? I'd rather be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!!! Wayturds....

Having the love of your life leave you and say you can still be friends, is like having your dog die, and your mum say you can still play with it

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
N
N
"If BIL had love your sis the way Christ had loved the church, then she wouldn't have had her A. If he had done that, then there would have been NO WAY she would have done that..."

told to me by mom, a 3 time adulteress, who's last A ended 22 years ago. She told me this 7 days after I caught H and OW together (yes, while my H's affair was ongoing....).

"I'm sorry that I ripped OM out of your life. I took you around him, then when you discovered us, I just took you away from him and gave you no closure.....I am so sorry for that..."

Mom apologizing for her affair in which she had brought me and sis around (at ages 12 and 9). This apology took place in Dec. 09. Affair was over 23 yrs prior.....my response...

"Closure is over-rated. The fact of the matter is that you shouldn't have allowed us to develop these feeling to begin with. You shouldn't have let our young minds put Dad in a bad light...."

and you wonder just how long the fog can last.....

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation