Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 52 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 51 52
C
OP Offline
C

Originally Posted by The Pepster
Chris, for you.

(picture missing little Gollum face thingy)

He's just too Gollum ugly for words.

He�s perfect Pep!

If you listen carefully you can almost hear him saying, �My Wesssssssssstern Wear.�

A big win last night in a gym our school has not had a victory in since DD22 was a junior player. Chuck iced the game once again be going 5 of 8 from the line in the 4th. There were seven ties or lead changes in the 4th but we took the lead with 1:30 left and held on for a 44-41 win.

Unfortunately we have blown a couple huge opportunities the past 3-weeks and are very much a bubble team to make the state tournament. Our last game of the regular season is Friday against the team that won the conference last night and holds a 11-1 league record. So, you know, I gotta think we have them right where we want them.

Our last home game and senior night was last Tuesday and was a pretty emotional night for all and particularly our 3-seniors. They rewarded the crowd with a 59-25 thumpin of our closest rival in the league. It was a lot of fun. So we followed that up by losing to the last place team in the league on Thursday night by a single point, 31-30. They played terrible and as usual shot horrible from the free throw line. Arrrrrrrrrrrg!

Still the team is 11-11 and has won as many games this season as the past two combined. Of course we have some dissenting parents lurking in shadows here and there and a little annoying buzz in the background that this team should have done muuuuuuch better this year so I guess we will see. Parents are geniuses after all. They just never take their vast knowledge of basketball and coaching and apply for an opening. And every year there are more and more coaching openings particularly for girl�s sports. Gosh, I wonder why?

Oh well, if we make state all will be well, if not���..who knows. I won�t worry about this one way or the other.

DD22 is doing pretty well. Good days and some bad. I wish I could see her more but that�s life these days. I guess she talks to Wayzilla every couple days or so but we never really speak of her. I think Wayzilla has only come down a couple times since Christmas.

For me, �Plan B for Life!� The only way to fly! Honestly, more of you here really need to try it.

DGS is well but struggling with the fear of pending big budget cuts in her school district and the ongoing challenges of raising her DS18 alone. This includes all the typical problems such as finally graduating high school, not leaving a debris field of food containers, dirty dishes and clothes across the house, taking care of his own keys, phones, chargers, and of course scary looking pierced and tattooed emo-girlfriends of questionably nature. But he is really a good kid disguising himself in black and gory Cannibal Corpse and Gwar heavy metal garb (come on, he squeals when he sees kittens) and I know he will come out okay.

I am really looking forward to spring and the gardens. Damn your mangy flea ridden hide Punxsutawney Phil!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Chrisner,

I always love to see an update from you. Yours was the first thread that I read the whole way through when I first found MB in June of 07. I admire your fortitude.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
C
OP Offline
C

Originally Posted by Say
Yours was the first thread that I read the whole way through when I first found MB in June of 07

Wow Say! I hope it cured your obvious insomnia problem or at least quenched your powerful thirst for knowledge about woodchippers.

Let�s see��.what was going on in June of 2007? Oh yeah, my divorce became final and I went all Plan FU on Wayzilla.

There's nothing like a good time.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
For you ...

C
OP Offline
C
Pretty cool Pep. Clowns AND zombies! What could possibly go wrong?

I would like to see this guy and Pennywise in a cage match. I�m gonna take Pennywise in round 3.

The clown is pretty quick too. The old school zombies were always so slow as they shuffled along moaning, �mmmmmmm�..Braaaaaaaains.�

I always figured all you would have to do is trot a little ahead of them until you gathered up 30-40 and then lead them over to the U-Pump-It and light-em up. I mean really! How do those morons in the old movies get caught?

Well as long as I am here I might as well update.

Basketball is over of course but we did make the state tournament for the first time in 4-years. We had to play our first round game in Mordor Springs! I was only a couple miles from the western wear empire and Gollum�s Luv Palace. Bleech! DD came down to see the game and she admitted it was pretty weird knowing they were that close.

We got beat pretty bad but it was good to get there. A local cable channel televised it live with commentators and the whole lot. I was interviewed and got to use all those stupid clich�s coaches can get away with.

You know the: �What kind of adjustments do you think you need for the second half coach?

�Well we have to step up the defensive pressure get more physical under the boards and get our turnovers down.�

Duh.

That�s the only line any basketball coach ever has to learn.

This was the nicest school and crowd I had ever been around. It was a packed house and great atmosphere for the game. Wish we had played better.

Tomorrow is national signing day and I have a media signing to go to for my power forward. She is signing for a college in��.Mordor Springs. She was selected to the All-State list last weekend. I am pretty proud of her. I started coaching her when she was in the 7th grade.

DD22 is doing very well at school but she is behind a little more than a semester due to her transferring during Wayzilla�s little transgressions. So, of course the two of them went at it again last week as Wayzilla is baulking at paying for any books past the 4th year. She laid it all in DD�s lap. More tears and angst. Oh well.

Wayzilla: �What�s your father�s feeling about this?�

DD: �He�s supportive. He understands what I can and can�t control.�

Wayzilla: �Well, that�s just great that your dad is so cool!�

Wah huh Whaaat???

I guess she is still waiting for her ring. Maybe that�s why she is so cranky. She should go out knock down a couple buildings and power lines or flip a crowded bus or something. Maybe that would make her feel better.

Thanks for the link Pep. Every time I go to YouTube now it says my browser is not supported any longer but then works just fine anyway.

Oh and P.S.: DGS got a new contract at her school district so she is safe for next year. Quite a relief.

Last edited by chrisner; 04/13/10 04:49 PM.

_
_
Congratulations on your successful hoop season, Chrisner. Also, kudos to DGS for her new school contract.

Always appreciate your updates, especially about your coaching.

Keep up the great work.

Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
D
D
Home remoddel never fails to please the wife

C
OP Offline
C
Home remoddel never fails to please the wife

rotflmao My thread has been spammed!

I suppose this would be helpful if I lived in Windsor or Fort Collins and had a wife, but alas�.

And here I thought someone was seeking my incredible knowledge of marriage building! Or woodchippers. Or belly button rings. Or Zulus. Useful stuff.

It was 80 degrees yesterday afternoon at my house and snowing this morning. Only in Colorado.

Well if anyone else wants to spam me I could use some more information on breaking a 2-3 zone with a dribble motion offense.

P
P
Wow, he had to do some digging to find your thread. What's up with that?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
waving to everyone....... smile

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by PM
What's up with that?

Yeah, and bingo's thread gets a post every 6.59 views but mine only gets a post every 37.5 views. And one of them is spam.

Mel's farewell thread is hanging tough though. 8.3 views per posts. You go Mel!!

Hey Cinders!

Tell Goober that Gomer says Hey!

Last edited by chrisner; 04/29/10 12:54 PM.

K
K
How're you doing now Chrisner?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Karma. You got me down to 37.481 PPV's.

K
K
I do what I can! So, how 'bout the weather where you live? What city is it anyway?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

C
OP Offline
C
I am in a suburb about 5-miles north and west of Denver. Right between Denver and the People�s Republic of Boulder.

Yesterday it got up to 80 degrees around town and this morning I had to brush an inch of snow off my car. It is supposed to be like this for a few days.

I went out last night with DD22 and a friend of hers to play trivia at BW3 but the trivia guy never showed up.

Darn and I sooooo knew it was going to be my night when the guy was surely going to ask lots of Napoleonic and Augustan Rome questions and not foolish babble about celebrities and rock bands I have never heard of. I am sure that�s what would have happened.

So I just had wings and a couple beers instead. Well I would have anyway.

I am glad I get to see her as much as I do.

Last edited by chrisner; 04/29/10 01:57 PM. Reason: 37.380 PPV's and Falling!

K
K
BW3?

80 degrees. And then snow. WOW.

C
OP Offline
C
[Linked Image from wplr.com]

I don't know why people call the place BW3 when clearly there are only 2-W's.

Maybe Beau knows.

K
K
I THOUGHT that's what you mean, but I thought 'there's 3 ws in that, chrisner can't mean that.'

J
J
Originally Posted by chrisner
[Linked Image from wplr.com]

I don't know why people call the place BW3 when clearly there are only 2-W's.

Maybe Beau knows.

It used to be called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck. They stopped serving the weck, but the nickname stuck (BW3 flows off the tongue much better than BW2. Plus, the original name and acronym, BW3, was intentionally reminiscent of the acronym TW3 popularly used in referring to the television show That Was The Week That Was, a show of which co-founder James Disbrow was a fan.

Weck is short for kummelweck which used to be served at the restaurant. Kummelweck, also sometimes kimmelweck or k�mmelweck is a variation of the kaiser roll that is popular in Western New York. K�mmel is the German word for caraway, and weck means "roll" in the south-western German dialects (actually "weckerl" or "weckchen") of the Baden and Swabia areas (northern Germans generally say Br�tchen).

A traditional kummelweck roll has a mixture of Kosher salt and caraway seeds used as the toppings. Regionally, the name kummelweck is commonly shortened to �weck" or "wick". This type of roll is used as part of a "Beef on Weck" sandwich that is served in the Buffalo, New York and upstate area. Sliced roast beef, au jus and an optional prepared horseradish topping are used as ingredients in this type of sandwich.

Here is the original logo:
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

[Linked Image from blogs.pitch.com]

Last edited by jmwc95; 04/29/10 03:21 PM.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
L
L
Hey Christner,

I 'think' it was you who posted a speech you gave every year to the team you coach for about how the buys lurvee them but will mess up their plans for the future without giving the same back.

Or maybe it was someone else.

If it was you, can you post it again? I want to give it to DD13 to read.

If it was someone else, do you know who so I can go hit them up for it???

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Page 46 of 52 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 494 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation