Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
R
RIF Offline
R
Hi SG!

One day at at time... you're doing great!

Have you written down his most important ENs? If not, put them on a 3x5 card and keep it by the phone so you'll have it handy when he calls.

Thanks for checking in!

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

Multiple A's that ended '90

Rebuilding In Faith since then...

Currently deployed to Iraq, but TEXAS is Home!
T
T
Agree, you're doing great. It's very hard no matter what. Tougher still when he's far away and you're trying to meet ENs.

Agree w/RIF. Make a little cheat sheet and keep it by the phone.

S
OP Offline
S
Good idea on the 3x5 card. He mostly calls to check up on me, since he's been sick with worry and making sure I eat. I know, weird to get checked on like that of all things. Also, trying not to give me more stuff to stress about.

I don't know what his most important ones are just yet but I can guess...just trying to not talk about the R.

S
OP Offline
S
Just wanted to update - the gift certificate made him really surprised and happy. I think that definately met his affection needs. smile slipped and told him it's because ILY, shouldn't have said that. We talked for a bit longer, was able to talk to the kids otherwise another good convo. Just tring to keep it light smile

C
C
laugh

C
C
Smiley, how are things?

S
OP Offline
S
Nothing to report on my marriage he is in transit and thus haven't been able to call in awhile. Getting worried and anxiousl like I always do when he doesn't call..

_
_
Smiley

When do you talk to JAG?

Larry

R
RIF Offline
R
Getting worried and anxiousl like I always do when he doesn't call

Hi Smiley - Remember, your mind will almost always think of the "worst" situation, especially when you've been betrayed.

9 times out of 10, the "worst" just doesn't happen... take a few deep breaths, relax, and try to focus on something else.

He will call as soon as he's able.

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

S
OP Offline
S
I didn't make my Jag appointment everytime I called I'd get the busy signal last Friday.

He's in transit and so that's the reason for the no call.

I went ahead and sent him an email with the weekly update on our kids. I missed out last week. I sent it to the the one I know about and for some reason forwarded to the one I had asked for him to close down. I expected it to bounce back as undeliverable and it hasn't so that means he reactivated it. I was trying not to freak out. I will have to ask him when he calls.

Still working on my Plan A

S
OP Offline
S
Just wanted to add after reading a couple of posts how much I appreciate this board. I read the encouraging words and feels inspired to continue. Even though I know we're in a club that no one wants to be a part of, it's the support to follow the MB priniciples to save and restore marriages.

I want to say I do appreciate the people who are here every day to help people who are in despair and give them hope by showing the way to a plan that works.

C
C
Originally Posted by smileygirl
I will have to ask him when he calls.

Should you? You're doing Plan A, so I'm not sure about that. I mean, it will = a confrontation, right?

Thinking this thruogh...If he has not closed the email address down and if he is still in contact w/ OW it's just a symptom of the main problem - which is The Affair. You are seeing the JAG to work on nuclear exposure to kill The Affair, why pick at low lying fruit and subtract from your Love Bank for no reason?

Just a thought...

R
RIF Offline
R
Hey SG,

I'll second what ChrisinNOVA said... remember, your mind will almost ALWAYS think of he "worst" case...

Picking a fight over the phone will just push him away... keep planning you exposure and keep callin the JAG office. You might have to go to the JAG office and make the appointment in person...

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

S
OP Offline
S
They only make appointments on Fridays..if I walk in it could be a long wait which I can't do.

thanks everyone...Plan A is still in effect.

C
C
smile

T
T
Agree with not asking him about the email account.

He'll hear it as a DJ right now.
Plus he'll lie about it.

So, nothing to be gained by asking. Just write it in your journal and Plan A him when he calls.

R
RIF Offline
R
Hi SG,

How are you doing? Hope everything is going well for you!

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

T
T
Hi there, did you get your appointment today?
Let us know how it went.

Gerkaguards has a great thread going on right now about exposure in the military. If you've not yet read it, you should.

S
OP Offline
S
thanks for checking up on me guys. ended up at L&D super early this morning, kept me there for awhile. false alarm though I'm glad I went in - some issues in this pregnancy have come up that my midwife have to keep an eye on.

H called the night before and even called L&D when I didn't answer the phone this morning. He's being really supportive and worried about my health and the baby's health/well being.

Anyways unfortunately missed the Jag appointment making today. I will have to make it after the baby comes. I found someone who actually works at JAG and she said not to bring in all the evidence of the affair but to just ask JAG the basic questions about child support and find a pro bono lawyer. When I talk to my civil lawyer I can then bring all of my evidence.

I'll find the thread thanks

N
N
Hi Smileygirl,

Just wondering how you are doing baby wise. Do you have some help with the children? Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl? Will you have someone helping you after the birth? What is your due date? I'm pretty sure you mentioned you are in CA, what area are you in?

My heart goes out to you and I so wish I could give you a helping hand. I think you are doing incredibly well and I wish you nothing but the best.

Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation