Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2360151 04/23/10 08:31 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I don't know about you, but when I make a longer post, the box flicks back up to the top with every keystroke. I just found a way around that! At the far right of the tool box above the posting box are 2 little scrolly arrows, one going up, one down. You can click on that and expand the posting box. Expanding the posting box eliminates the flicking problem.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I don't know about you, but when I make a longer post, the box flicks back up to the top with every keystroke. I just found a way around that! At the far right of the tool box above the posting box are 2 little scrolly arrows, one going up, one down. You can click on that and expand the posting box. Expanding the posting box eliminates the flicking problem.

Let me see if this works. I have the same problem and it drives me NUTS. I've even taken to typing a response out in Word and then cutting and pasting here. Hmmm....it isn't doing the flicking thing now.....I can't figure out WHEN it does it and when it ah!!!!just started...Ok---I clicked on the arrow to make text box bigger. It seems to have worked! Yea!!!!!! Thank you ML!!!!

M
M

It still flickers if you go to far.

S
S
I don't know about you, but when I make a longer post, the box flicks back up to the top with every keystroke.
I have a solution for that, Mel.

Never make a post longer than 3 paragraphs.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
H

Thanks Mel...... That's been driving me nuts for a long time! Although maybe crazy is my norm nowadays....

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane

Dang, she's smart!! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MaiMai
[

MaiMai, I think the trick is to keep extending the box so that you have lots of space between the last quote and the bottom of the post.

Exposure 101

M
M

Excellent! That was driving me crazy! crazy It only did it on my laptop - I was ready to throw it through the window!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman

Let me see if this works. I have the same problem and it drives me NUTS. I've even taken to typing a response out in Word and then cutting and pasting here. Hmmm....it isn't doing the flicking thing now.....I can't figure out WHEN it does it and when it ah!!!!just started...Ok---I clicked on the arrow to make text box bigger. It seems to have worked! Yea!!!!!! Thank you ML!!!!

MaiMai, click down below your quote and THEN click on the down arrow to expand the posting space.

It works when you do that! And if you need more space, just click the down arrow again.

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by MaiMai
[

MaiMai, I think the trick is to keep extending the box so that you have lots of space between the last quote and the bottom of the post.

Oh! I see now. You can click the arrow repeatedly and give yourself as much space as you need..

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Excellent! That was driving me crazy! crazy It only did it on my laptop - I was ready to throw it through the window!

It only does that flicker thing on my home laptop; it doesn't do it on my work laptop. Can't figure out why....

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman

MaiMai, click down below your quote and THEN click on the down arrow to expand the posting space.

It works when you do that! And if you need more space, just click the down arrow again.

I must be me. Every keystroke makes the box flicker. banghead

T
T
It only does that flicker thing on my home laptop; it doesn't do it on my work laptop. Can't figure out why....
Different browsers? I use Firefox and don't ever see that flicker thing.

M
M

HOLY COW, I'm so glad you told me this!!! I posted to JustUss about it along time ago and never got a response...it was making me CRAZY!

Thanks Mel!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
S
Originally Posted by SugarCane

Dang, she's smart!! grin
I have the brightest ideas. It's a well-known fact.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P

J
Administrator
Administrator
J
I posted to JustUss about it along time ago and never got a response...it was making me CRAZY!

Sorry MF!!

Three reasons---
#1 I am computer illiterate and had to ask the Techs-blush
#2 Techs never got back to me --- shocked
#3 My senility kicked in and I forgot to get back to you! cry

SORRY!!! frown

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
M
OP Offline
M

Justuss, she is stalking me!!! sigh

Exposure 101

P
P

Justuss, she is stalking me!!! sigh
kiss

J
Administrator
Administrator
J
MelodyLane,

#1 Please see the Conflict Resolution Procedures in the Announcement Forum for problems with other members.

#2 Use the Notify Moderator Alert

or

#3 Start another post threatening you'll leave again if she doesn't STOP!! Then she'll have TWO posts to bump!! rotflmao

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation