Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 51 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 50 51
A
A
Originally Posted by atena
I just puzzles me how I can still feel for a man like him. It just drives me crazy becasue there is absolutely no logic to it.
I would utterly HATE any other individual who would have treated me half as bad as H did. Yet, I still love H. And would take him back. SCARY but true.
There is somethng majorly wrong with me...
blessing

To be fair, I haven't read your whole thread - I will tonite - but those words resonate with me. Most people think we're completely insane for wanting a man who cheats on us. But we're not. This board helps remind me I'm not crazy. There is nothing wrong with you. You have a lot of love and want to be loved in return by that man. What's wrong with that?

AnnaBelle Rose

Me: 29 WH:31 DS: 22mths M: almost 6 years, together 7 1/2
I am not a mistake. - ABR
M
M
Atena, this is not about the economy, you haven't even tried to find another job. And neither has Hope. This is about wanting to take an easier, softer route and enduring horrific suffering in the bargain. The reason you are in such a state this far away from the onset of plan B is only because you see him so often at work. I know that and I also know the hell you have to endure because of it.

The truth is that you cannot detach like this. You cannot ever experience any of the PEACE that comes from Plan B, Atena.

Atena, wouldn't it be horrible if every person who goes into plan B sees this thread and all the corner cutting and decides that they, too, IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF MARRIAGE BUILDERS COUNSEL, can get away with a half assed Plan B? They will see this and not know about your suffering because they will see all the rationalizations and the justifications.

We will be handing a drowning person an ANVIL when they desperately need a life raft.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by hope3343
I do understand that Atena has that option and yes she will feel better when she moves. I also read in almost every post Atena has wrote she says she will not move right now. My posting to her is not irresponsible. I understand this is a MB forum and my post is not cutting corners for her. Everyone here wants to see her thrive as all the others on this board.

Yes, staying in contact in Plan B is not only cutting corners, it is not even Plan B. It is your own plan that has nothing to do with Marriage Builders. Perhaps Plan S for suffering.

And I don't believe you want to see her "thrive" at all. What you said only encouraqes her to stay in a quasi Plan B in which YOU KNOW SHE IS SUFFERING.

(Editing)

Last edited by MBHarmony; 04/24/10 09:27 AM. Reason: Editing out quoted comment

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
I still have to thank Hope for her post because life is not perfect and plan Bs are not perfect. We all have to deal with the reality of the economic crisis, of job scarsity and of not being 20 any longer and being drained of energy.
My H is horrible but he is no worse than the ones I read about on this board.
I have gone thru a lot with him but I have been a doormat for so long...
I now feel that with the possibility of a better job and with my graduate degree under my belt, and with 180 days off a year I can keep the job I have and manage the best I can.
Melody, I know you care a lot about me and that you heard my desperation many times.
I know why I am desperate, it is because I still hope to hold my H in my arms again one day. I have to let go of that once and for good. Once I let him go I will be free.
I just puzzles me how I can still feel for a man like him. It just drives me crazy becasue there is absolutely no logic to it.
I would utterly HATE any other individual who would have treated me half as bad as H did. Yet, I still love H. And would take him back. SCARY but true.
There is somethng majorly wrong with me...
blessing

God made us all different but perfect for each of us. Nothing is wrong with you because you love. Blessings and hug hug hug

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
You are totally right. I am not doing plan B correctly, it is a half baked version. But Melody, you can't deny that many others break plan B on this board for many reasons. They decide to answer a text message from WS or they decide to let WS in their home or they decide to contact WS because they miss him/her.
We do not want to give the impression that the way I do plan B is the right way. It is not the right way at all. I will start looking for another job but in the meantime I have to make do with what I have and I do need a salary.
People who come to this board for advice also want to see realistic goals. I can't say that I will find a job tomorrow because I would be lying...
I can start looking, that's true.
blessing

atena
H
H
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[quote=hope3343]

(Editing)

(Editing)

Last edited by MBHarmony; 04/24/10 09:30 AM. Reason: Please notify a moderator when you have a concern or question

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
blessing

Do you promise? laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by hope3343
[quote=MelodyLane][quote=hope3343]

(Editing)

Please do not talk to me again. Thank you.

Last edited by MBHarmony; 04/24/10 09:33 AM. Reason: removing quote

Exposure 101

H
H
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[quote=hope3343][quote=MelodyLane][quote=hope3343]
(Editing)

Whatever. I will pray for you.

Last edited by MBHarmony; 04/24/10 09:35 AM. Reason: removing quote

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

H
H
You are totally right. I am not doing plan B correctly, it is a half baked version. But Melody, you can't deny that many others break plan B on this board for many reasons. They decide to answer a text message from WS or they decide to let WS in their home or they decide to contact WS because they miss him/her.
We do not want to give the impression that the way I do plan B is the right way. It is not the right way at all. I will start looking for another job but in the meantime I have to make do with what I have and I do need a salary.
People who come to this board for advice also want to see realistic goals. I can't say that I will find a job tomorrow because I would be lying...
blessing

Atena, have you checked to see if you can transfer your masters program to another college and have them accept your credits? Don't know how specialized your field of expertise is but colleges are getting more transfer students because of people moving because of the economy and have made it easier to accomodate these students.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
my program is totally on line. I will be done soon with it and will need that degree to seek another job.
I will start looking, yes. I will because I know that will help my situation immensely,but I also know that I will be fooling myself if I thought that someone will hand me the same position I might be getting in the fall on a gold platter.
But you never know...if god does not want me where I am now...god will find that gold platter.
The only thing is...if I move away would I still have a chance to R my M?
Out of sight will be totally out of mind for my H. I actually think he is pretty much over me 1000%....

Hope, are you still hoping to get back with your H even now that you are D? You say he looks bad. Why? Is he unhappy with OW?
blessing

atena
H
H
my program is totally on line. I will be done soon with it and will need that degree to seek another job.
I will start looking, yes. I will because I know that will help my situation immensely,but I also know that I will be fooling myself if I thought that someone will hand me the same position I might be getting in the fall on a gold platter.
But you never know...if god does not want me where I am now...god will find that gold platter.

It is a huge plus that your program is online. That is a major hurdle that you do not have to deal with. You might surprise yourself what type of job you can find when you look. God does have a plan for each of us.

Out of sight will be totally out of mind for my H. I actually think he is pretty much over me 1000%....

Hope, are you still hoping to get back with your H even now that you are D? You say he looks bad. Why? Is he unhappy with OW?
blessing

As long as WH is with OW he will stay in that fog till they will statistically implode. It won't matter if you live next door to him or live in Siberia.

He is "over you" because that is the only way he can convince himself in his wayward mind that he is doing the right thing.

Right now my H is an alien. He even walks different (think it is the weight). On top of the addiction to OW he is drinking (was dry 15 years). Don't want that man. If XH emerges out of the fog the front light is still on. It would have to be a MB M at that point or none at all.

I read somewhere on this board that the OW wanted what the BS had from their H -- a good manager, successful career, good husband and father. When they started their A -- the OW got none of those things. She got what she was -- a liar and cheat.

take care

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I read somewhere on this board that the OW wanted what the BS had from their H -- a good manager, successful career, good husband and father. When they started their A -- the OW got none of those things. She got what she was -- a liar and cheat.
Yep, well said!!!

He is "over you" because that is the only way he can convince himself in his wayward mind that he is doing the right thing.
I never thought of it this way...I always thought that he was over me because he is head over hill in love with her.

blessing

atena
H
H
]He is "over you" because that is the only way he can convince himself in his wayward mind that he is doing the right thing.
I never thought of it this way...I always thought that he was over me because he is head over hill in love with her.

blessing

Anger covers guilt, Entitlement covers pain caused to the family and so on. We are standing in the way of their perfect life and true love. Once we are removed from that equation then the only place to put their blame eventually is on each other.

These relationships are built on a foundation of sand and their house of cards is built on lies and deception. One day it will crumble. We can't make it happen and only when we truly detach it will be their own demise.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

M
M

Well, how has being in his sight helped you? All it has done is cripple you emotionally. He may well be over you; but the important thing is that you are over him as he is.

You might get a much better position, Atena. You won't know unless you look. And even if you got something that paid less, it would be worth it because you would not have to SUFFER from seeing your husband every day. The farther away you can get, the better.

Think how much more wonderful your life would be if you could get away from his daily presence?

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It would be for sure. I would be another person. I would still have my friends and the support. I will start looking as soon as I have my degree, but I have already checked some postings. I guess more will open up in June and July.
blessing

atena
M
M
It would be for sure. I would be another person. I would still have my friends and the support. I will start looking as soon as I have my degree, but I have already checked some postings. I guess more will open up in June and July.
blessing

hug

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A

Anger covers guilt, Entitlement covers pain caused to the family and so on. We are standing in the way of their perfect life and true love. Once we are removed from that equation then the only place to put their blame eventually is on each other.

So right! however they seem to be able to blame us for a long time. Boy, I am seen as a witch by him...the exposure thing really got to him. He really thought I was going to be a doormat forever. He will have lots of years to blame me for that.

These relationships are built on a foundation of sand and their house of cards is built on lies and deception. One day it will crumble. We can't make it happen and only when we truly detach it will be their own demise.
That' right. And I guess they can almost sense that. I have been told by many people that once they let go and not cared anymore, very often WS tried to R, even the ones that were horrible and far gone in the fog. Strange indeed.
blessing

atena
H
H

So right! however they seem to be able to blame us for a long time. Boy, I am seen as a witch by him...the exposure thing really got to him. He really thought I was going to be a doormat forever. He will have lots of years to blame me for that.
They are waywards and that is what they do. There is no accountability that is why it is so important to take care of yourself. I used to look for traces of my old H but it was like looking into a cesspool. They will rewrite the whole M and turn themselves into the "victim". It is very typical. Look at some of the successful M after A. The WS won't blame you -- in the end he will thank you

That' right. And I guess they can almost sense that. I have been told by many people that once they let go and not cared anymore, very often WS tried to R, even the ones that were horrible and far gone in the fog. Strange indeed.
blessing
We cannot change them. When they are waywards we don't really know them anymore. One of the parts of their fantasy is the BS and how they still want the WS. It could make it into a competition with the OP. Once the WS sees that you are living your life without them it gives them pause and for the OP they begin to wonder why we gave up so easy taking away what they think is their prize mentality

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

H
H
bump for atena

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Page 13 of 51 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation