Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
M
M
3) A lot of you have said I don't really love her. Well, I really do love her. I've felt things with her that I never felt with anyone else. I know I'm a moron for allowing myself to feel that way with a married person. But that is what it is and unfortunately I can't change that. Being that I still feel like I love her I don't want to hurt her.

It would be a lot easier for you to end this when you begin realizing that you are in love with a FANTASY....she is a LIAR. You only know things about her that a.) she wanted you to know and b.) she made up.

You've had a long-distance A...how much do you really "know" about her? Only what she allowed you to know; she covered up the really ugly parts and hid them from you. Although now you know she is a lying, cheating tr*mp...and you think you "love" that?

She is not who she claims to be...ask any FWS around here; they will tell you they reinvented themselves during their A and were not their true selves.

The sooner you "get" this the sooner you will be able to move on and hopefully find true love.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
N
N
1. Yes, he will be devastated. You can't believe anything your MOW told you about him. You can't take responsibility for anything he does with the information.

2. DON'T WAIT. Waiting is self-serving baloney, hoping you can somehow have the whole thing disappear without having to face any consequences. That BH needs to know now, today, this minute.

3. You don't love her. You lust her, and you love your own feelings when you're around her. True love uplifts, and adultery only degrades.

4. Just in case you missed it the first time...
DON'T WAIT!!!!!!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
J
J
1) He is going to be devastated when he finds out. From what she has told me in the past he is very emotional and threatens to hurt himself at times. Do I just end it with her and not tell him anything? I don't want him to hurt himself if he finds out about everything. I already hate myself for what I'm doing, if he hurts himself for what her and I have done I will never forgive myself for as long as I live.

How do you know this? Because your affair partner told you? I though her marriage was ending as well? Waywards lie to their spouses AND their affair partners. Many BS's here have been portrayed as the villain to justify continuing their affair. You think she might have told you that to manipulate you into not telling him? Duh.

2) I know this will sound like I'm delaying things and getting cold feet, but now that I know she may be leaving the company within 2 or 3 weeks I think I should wait until after she leaves before I cut it off with her. That way I don't risk getting fired or creating any office drama.

Delaying things and getting cold feet is EXACTLY what you are doing. This is just another excuse to procrastinate. You are not going to get fired. Trust us, there are many of us who have tried to get the OM/OW fired and it just doesn't happen unless one is the other's boss, and even then it rarely happens. DO IT NOW.

3) A lot of you have said I don't really love her. Well, I really do love her. I've felt things with her that I never felt with anyone else. I know I'm a moron for allowing myself to feel that way with a married person. But that is what it is and unfortunately I can't change that. Being that I still feel like I love her I don't want to hurt her.

You don't love her. I don't think you understand what true love is. True love is not the high of a new relationship, the good feeling you get when your needs are met. That is infatuation. Affairs are just an addiction of getting your needs met outside your marriage. You don't even know this person, other than she's a cheater. She just puts on a good face for you. You don't have to deal with her negatives, her husband does. Once you separate yourself from this woman and get through withdrawal you will feel entirely different about her and see her for who she truly is, I promise. There are many former wayward spouses here that will tell you the same.

You have taken the first step by coming here. Now you need to finish the job.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by joey123
I know many people here have been betrayed in the past and despise people like me,

Guilty!

It is obvious I need to contact him first and lay everything out to him.

If you haven't done it already it's not obvious.

Well, I just spoke to her today and it sounds like she is getting a new job with a different company.

Who cares?

3) A lot of you have said I don't really love her. Well, I really do love her.

You don't have the right to love her!

D
D
Joey,

I don't hate you. I don't like you very much, but I don't hate you.

I also don't believe that you cannot lift yourself up out of this mess you created.

I'm going to tell you, you DON'T truly love this woman. No TRUE love allows the object of their love to degrade and willingly damn/damage themselves.

Your stolemeat is just that...stolen. You've stolen from her husband and her children. You steal from them every time you talk to her and through every sneak-thief actions you two do to see each other. Every time she glances your direction is TIME and affection that YOU steal from her family. HER FAMILY.

And she doesn't love you. What kind of woman who really loves a man would deign to let him become a sneak-thief for her?

There is no real love here. Just damage. You two are rutting bulls in the china shop of her family's life...you are ruining good people for hormones.

Real humans don't willingly and knowingly cause harm to each other.

Human up dude. You can be better than that. When you do, you'll probably find yourself a worthy man for someone WORTHY.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
If I could follow you around with a poker until you do this, I would. I wasted time four years ago. DON'T put it off.

M
M
I will be totally honest with all of you, my first thought when I found out she was getting a new job was "Damn, if she leaves the company we wont talk as much and she'll forget about me and we might not have a future together"
Because you are a foggy OM with poor boundaries. Integrity and Stand-up-guy-ness will come as you learn more about how to build strong boundaries and respect for marriage.

)1 He is going to be devastated when he finds out. From what she has told me in the past he is very emotional and threatens to hurt himself at times.
I doubt that anything you tell him will drive him to harm himself. I also doubt that his emotional state is anything like what she's painted it out to be. Remember, she had to come up with a little creative fiction in order to justify her affair. I suspect one of those fictions was her BH's emotional state.

2) I know this will sound like I'm delaying things and getting cold feet, but now that I know she may be leaving the company within 2 or 3 weeks I think I should wait until after she leaves before I cut it off with her. That way I don't risk getting fired or creating any office drama.
No no no. Don't even go there. TODAY is your day, Joey. TODAY. Don't screw around and get sucked back into the vortex.

3) A lot of you have said I don't really love her. Well, I really do love her. I've felt things with her that I never felt with anyone else.
You think that was love? Wait til you really find your special person!

All in all I still know what I need to do. I know what the right choice is. I know what I need to do to be a real man about all of this and try to right all of these wrongs.

Cojones. Get them. Do what you need to do. You think it's going to be easier tomorrow, or the next day, or the next?

Maybe I'll meet somebody else someday, but it doesn't feel like I will, and at this point that isn't my top priority.
Good on ya. Don't even worry about that right now.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Oh, and Joey? STOP TALKING TO HER!! Every contact is just another fix for your addiction!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
1) He is going to be devastated when he finds out. From what she has told me in the past he is very emotional and threatens to hurt himself at times. Do I just end it with her and not tell him anything? I don't want him to hurt himself if he finds out about everything. I already hate myself for what I'm doing, if he hurts himself for what her and I have done I will never forgive myself for as long as I live.

This is all the more reason to tell him the truth. If he knows he can protect himself from you and his wife. It is a little too late to start professing "concern" about his best interest. If he hurts himself it will be because he was screwed over by you and his wife.

Regardless, he has a right and a need to know. It harms him not knowing what is being done behind his back.

Nor do I think you should wait a day. There is no reason to wait. No matter when you do it, there may be consequences.

3) A lot of you have said I don't really love her. Well, I really do love her. I've felt things with her that I never felt with anyone else.

Feelings are not truth, though. Your "love" is demonstrated through your actions, not your feelings. And your actions bely your true feelings towards her. That is NOT LOVE what you have done to her and with her.

I know many people here have been betrayed in the past and despise people like me, but I appreciate all of you with your words and help in this.

One does not have to have been betrayed to despise adulterers. Anger at injustice and cruelty is the reaction of DECENT people. It is a sign of decency. For example, I have never been murdered, but I despise murder and murderers.

What I do respect, though, is someone who is willing to ADMIT their wrongs and make them right. THAT is a sign of character. And I we will see through your ACTIONS if you have that. I am starting to have my doubts after reading some of your comments about DELAYING telling the BH. There is no reason to delay this other than a ploy to avoid consequences. Avoiding consequences is not a good sign.

I think you did the right thing in coming here and getting honest, but I disagree with others that it "takes great courage" to come here and post about this. It takes no courage at all to post anonymously on an anonymous board. It does take great courage to face the people you have wronged and offer to right those wrongs. I hope you DO show great courage in making this right. The jury is still out...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Poor Joey...

You do realize she's changing jobs to get away from YOU.

All of the sudden...she's leaving in two or three weeks when you didn't even know she was job hunting.

Hope you aren't considering this exposure nice guy route as an attempt to SAVE the already ending affair.

Is she pulling away from you and you don't like it?

Hope I'm wrong about you and you actually have good intentions but either way...it appears to be over regardless of what you do.

The sooner YOU end this the better as you'll be relating and retelling this debacle/mistake the rest of your life. Might as well have the story you tell end well with YOU being the one to end it, YOU being the one to expose it, YOU being the one willing to accept whatever consequences come your way and YOU being the one that FINALLY did the right thing rather than you sheepishly tiptoeing away.

What do you want YOUR LIFE STORY to be?

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
V
V
I have learned I am a very immature person and I deserve this pain that feel now.
No argument here.
You can change this by doing what you know is right, and doing it now.

You have NO idea how cruel you are continuing to be towards this BH.

Adultery is about selfishness, every man out for himself, his/her own feelings, without giving a crap about anyone else.

Go back and read your last post Joey, you are concerned for own well being, at the EXPENSE of a BETRAYED HUSBAND.
You are scared of the repercussions, unbelievable when you consider what hell lies ahead of your victim in all of this.

Tell the poor man now, and figure your own stuff out after that.
I guarantee you, that you will feel better after telling the truth.

Lies make us sick, lies destroy us.

You have no right to love this woman, you have no right to steal a married woman from her H.

Would you steal a child from a father?

Step up to the plate Joey.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

E
E
Thank you everyone for your advice. I know many people here have been betrayed in the past and despise people like me, but I appreciate all of you with your words and help in this.
I might like you a lot. I simply don't like what you are doing, nor do I like the continuing justification, excuses, whatever.

Separate the two and stop feeling sorry for your self. If you feel bad about what you've done, what you are doing, THEN STOP.

Sometimes, it's really that simple.
It is obvious I need to contact him first and lay everything out to him.
I'll believe it's obvious when you actually do it.
There will not be a face to face meeting as we live in seperate states.
Excuse, you and the MOW live is separate states and you had the time and treasure to see her, so give him the courtesy of looking him in the eye when you tell him what you've done.

Stop with the excuses.
Many of you have said I need to find a new job. Well, I just spoke to her today and it sounds like she is getting a new job with a different company. So I guess that will help things. I will be totally honest with all of you, my first thought when I found out she was getting a new job was "Damn, if she leaves the company we wont talk as much and she'll forget about me and we might not have a future together" Obviously I'm not totally where I need to be if that's what I'm thinking. I know I need to end this, but it's not going to be as easy as I initially thought it would be.
It can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be. Change your numbers, get new e-mail, block her e-mails. (Filters that send them to trash immediately, etc.)

What's hard it seems is for you to grow a pair and do what is right. Once you decide to do that, the rest will fall into place, I'm confident.

Stop with the excuses and start producing results.
A few things that have crossed my mind the past 24 hours:

I'll approach this two ways. Think logically for a moment. If this were true, would she be having an affair with you? Knowing he's dangerous.

Second, if this is how she treats someone who is knowingly like this, what does that say about her character? What does it say about her concern for those she has vowed to love? It doesn't paint a very pretty picture of her.

Either she has bad judgment, or is plain selfish. Are those qualities you find endearing?

The third possibility is that she's lying.

None of these are signs she's a good partner.

END IT NOW.
Excuses, you can cut it off without drama from your end. Simply stop calling, stop answering the phone, stop reading her e-mails.

If she creates drama, then let her suffer the consequences of her decision to create drama.
Maybe you do, maybe you don't. My money is you don't really understand what love is about. Why do I say that? Because if you understood love, you wouldn't have been spending time with her, but actually working on your own marriage.

Likewise, if you understood love, you would have recognized that what she was doing to her husband was NOT a loving act.

The mere fact that she admitted she was going to counseling only to say she had done everything is a big red flag. She was doing it to make herself look good. That's not a Disrespectful Judgment, it's what she said in her own words. She wants to be able to say she tried everything. She was saving face.

All in all I still know what I need to do. I know what the right choice is. I know what I need to do to be a real man about all of this and try to right all of these wrongs. I think I eventually will be able to do it. I wish I could say I would do everything today, or this week, but I just don't think it will happen that soon. In my mind now I'm waiting until she leaves the company, then things will start to get rolling more.
More excuses. I can't tell you when to end it. I do know that bad news doesn't get any better with age. Neither do affairs.

At the very least, make arrangements to see her husband, face to face, at the earliest possible time. This weekend if you can.
What have I learned so far? I have learned I am a very immature person and I deserve this pain that feel now. I deserve some of the bad things some of you on here have said about me. I will never, ever say anything past "hello" to a married woman again. I obviously have boundary issues and I wont let something like this even start to happen again. Maybe I'll meet somebody else someday, but it doesn't feel like I will, and at this point that isn't my top priority. However if I do, she will know about this. I have to be honest about everything in future relationships. I wont hide anything. Anyways, I will keep you all posted with future developments from all this mess.

I'll believe it when I see it. How long until there are more excuses not to follow up on what you've learned about yourself.

There is no better time to start doing the right thing than right now.

Until you do that, I'll not be convinced you really get it.

N
N
Joey,
Follow the advice given to you on this forum. It is coming from rational people with life experiance.

My advice is coming from the BH standpoint.
If my WWs OM had called me and told me about the A I would have been devastated, but that would pass, and did. I can say that once the shock wore off that I would have had some respect for the OM (you) for doing what is right.

My WW is still wayward, as is your MOW. Once you call your BH, this will end your A. Be sure to change you contact info, but give your BH your email and/or phone number. He will have many questions for you that you will have to answer honestly. I can't tell you how far this will go towards healing for your BH,

You say that you don't want to hurt them. So help them, trust me, if I knew exactly what my WW was doing/did, it would go along way towards rebuilding our marriage (trust), and my own peace of mind. You see, I have never really believed that she fully confessed to her affairs and I have held that over her head for the past 5 years.

Follow the feeling that brought you to this forum and start your thread. Now call your BH. Be the man you are trying to be, the man your mother thinks you are.

D
D
I stand by my life's rule, "Look around you. If no one else is standing up and doing the right thing, then it's up to YOU."

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
Do not have this confrontation in person. There is too much potential for a bad outcome involving law enforcement.

Call him. Now.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
G
G
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Poor Joey...

You do realize she's changing jobs to get away from YOU.

All of the sudden...she's leaving in two or three weeks when you didn't even know she was job hunting.

Hope you aren't considering this exposure nice guy route as an attempt to SAVE the already ending affair.

Is she pulling away from you and you don't like it?

Hope I'm wrong about you and you actually have good intentions but either way...it appears to be over regardless of what you do.

The sooner YOU end this the better as you'll be relating and retelling this debacle/mistake the rest of your life. Might as well have the story you tell end well with YOU being the one to end it, YOU being the one to expose it, YOU being the one willing to accept whatever consequences come your way and YOU being the one that FINALLY did the right thing rather than you sheepishly tiptoeing away.

What do you want YOUR LIFE STORY to be?

Mr. Wondering

She most likely already has another new affair partner all set up in the new location.....please do THE RIGHT THING HERE....stop thinking of yourself (that is what you are doing still) and call the Husband today....and then ask God to forgive you for this horrible sin you have committed....JUST DO IT!

M
M
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
Markos, your advice not to have sex unless you are married is brilliant. I wonder just how many miserable situations in life would be avoided if people just heeded that one piece of advice.

Thanks; the advice didn't originate with me, though. It came from a far more Brilliant Mind. smile (Not that I think that's news. But apparently the whole idea is news to some people..)

Last edited by markos; 05/05/10 12:28 PM.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
I will be totally honest with all of you, my first thought when I found out she was getting a new job was "Damn, if she leaves the company we wont talk as much and she'll forget about me and we might not have a future together" Obviously I'm not totally where I need to be if that's what I'm thinking.

Hooray!! I'm so glad you realize this!

Adultery is somewhat like a mental virus. It does what it needs to do in order to survive and keep hold on the hosts it has infected (you and this woman). One of its defense mechanisms is to turn one or both of you into complete liars. You need to understand that she vowed to be faithful to her husband and then turned that into a lie. Therefore everything she says is likely to be a lie.

Do you see how, if adultery was a creature that wanted to stay alive, it could help itself stay alive longer by getting its female host to lie to you and say her husband gets emotional and might hurt himself?

You've got a virus in your mind. You are in the right place to get it out. Going to need to get away from the carrier to make that work. Don't listen to anything she's said that makes you less likely to follow this plan here.

By the way, I've been reading this site intently for only 3 months, and I've already seen at least 10 adulteries where an adulterer told his "partner" that his wife was instable, emotional, might do something drastic, might hurt herself, etc. It happens ALL THE TIME. The virus does nearly the exact same thing nearly every time it infects someone.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Maybe I'll meet somebody else someday, but it doesn't feel like I will, and at this point that isn't my top priority. However if I do, she will know about this. I have to be honest about everything in future relationships. I wont hide anything.

Awesome, Joey! Way to be a real man!!

D
D
Originally Posted by markos
Maybe I'll meet somebody else someday, but it doesn't feel like I will, and at this point that isn't my top priority. However if I do, she will know about this. I have to be honest about everything in future relationships. I wont hide anything.

Awesome, Joey! Way to be a real man!!

I agree Markos. Way to go Joey.

FTR: I have dear, dear, dear friends who were once wayward (not to mention a Wookie). What they did does not define them. It is how they made things right that does.

My Story

Recovered!
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation