Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 86 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 85 86
M
M
Originally Posted by higgs4
He's asleep in there now after his tantrum. I, however, will be up for hours in complete replay.

higgs, is he taking any drugs or drinking?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
He just wants to keep bringing up all the love busters that I have done over the years.

We know dis trick: divert, divert, divert, divert.... grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
I think he is drinking; this may be where's he going after school...I don't smell it on him though.

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
You did so great! I hope your morning is better.

Me 31
Him 26
Married 11/30/04

DD11
DD8
DS3

In a big ol mess...
M
M
He just wants to keep bringing up all the love busters that I have done over the years.

Wow, a WS who is also a blameshifter? I've never heard of a such a thing! MrRollieEyes

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
H
OP Offline
H
Ok ws woke up this morning and walked around as usual and getting ready for school. The only gesture made toward me is that he helped me make the bed and then I thanked him.

Anyway, to affirm my seriousness, I texted him my requests and told him that our marriage would never work without agreeing to these terms and I will no longer tollerate this affair or his behavior. He's not responded. He says he's sick of me repeating the same phrases.

I won't lie to you guys; I'm scared to death and afraid of losing him forever, but I also agree that I can't continue to live this way.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Anyway, to affirm my seriousness, I texted him my requests and told him that our marriage would never work without agreeing to these terms and I will no longer tollerate this affair or his behavior. He's not responded. He says he's sick of me repeating the same phrases.

Yeah, I'd say to stop repeating yourself, higgs. That's a LB. You told him once, right? And the more you repeat them the less power they have.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
OP Offline
H
How will I know if hecis willing to go by these guidelines? He never answered me last night.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
I'd take that as a no for now, but if he hasn't out right said no, maybe he's still thinking?

Me 31
Him 26
Married 11/30/04

DD11
DD8
DS3

In a big ol mess...
M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Yeah, I'd say to stop repeating yourself, higgs. That's a LB. You told him once, right? And the more you repeat them the less power they have.

MB, in order for her to get through to him she needs to be a broken record and repeat these things over and over again. Very little gets through those fogged out, thick skulls, so Steve Harley advises using key points and saying them over and over again.

Exposure 101

M
M
How will I know if hecis willing to go by these guidelines? He never answered me last night.

Just tell him that if he doesn't agree to these things, he needs to find another place to live this weekend. Silence means NO.

Use his own words against him and say, "you said that you wanted to separate, and i now agree with you. I would like for you to move out."

Exposure 101

T
T
I never cried or yelled; I had a hard time getting a word in edgewise. Will he ever forgive me for this?
You have NOTHING to be forgiven for, higgs, you are just doing everything you can to save your marriage and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Of course your WH will try and make it look like you have something to be forgiven for, that's what WW's do, it's easier for them to shift the blame to someone else rather than simply accept the blame themselves with a grain of salt.

You words:
He just keeps repeating the same things over and over.
Your WH's words:
He says he's sick of me repeating the same phrases.
Wow, what a coinki-dink, the "BOTH" of you are repeating yourselves but yet he's the only one who's b**ching about it.

Now if "that" isn't calling the kettle black I don't know what is!

As Melody said earlier, higgs, some things really do require repeating; you have questions that NEED to be answered and they need to be answered NOW! Keep at it until you get them.

Good luck!

Married DH May 5, 1990
DH45 - ME43 - DD18 - DD15

Thanx to MB my M is now back on track and better than ever. MB ROCKS!!!

Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

Erica Jong
1942-, American Author
H
OP Offline
H
Husband just text me and said, "I'll let you know."

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
S
S
Husband just text me and said, "I'll let you know."

TRANSLATION: I want more cake.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
You need to make your plan. Do as ML has suggested. Ask him to go. Do you have your Plan B letter ready? An IM? Visitation schedule and finances figured out? You need to do this the right way. You can do this Higgs.

Those feelings you are having are completely normal. I was told on my thread that my WH was DEAD. That killed me. Also, I was told that I was losing a lying, abusive adulterer. Not such a great loss when I looked at it that way. When/if my DH returns, I will welcome him back into the fold(as long as he is willing to do the work).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
There's nothing to figure out with finances.....we have everything seperate right now(his choice on that many yes ago. I'll just hVe to remind him to pay his two bills he pays each month.

The letter is ready and I have my brother ad go between.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
S
S
You won't remind him any more about those bills. He is a big boy. Let OW remind him. laugh

Will he be paying you CS?

My bad about your brother being IM, I forgot that part. I am sure he will be great too since he knows the best teacher of IMs around.

Do you have an addendum in your letter for when he will be visiting the kids? Do you have things planned out about how the exchanges will take place? Just making sure you have all of your bases covered. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
I told him in the letter that he can have them every other weekend and visit on other occasions as long as he communicates to me through my brother. I'll post my letter later so others can let me know what cha think. I'm scared for numerous reasons....mostly being alone, and the hurt inside. I hate that things are going to end this way.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
P
P
I hate that things are going to end this way.

But you see, Plan B (if done properly) is not an end. It's a beginning. Whether your marriage survives or not, YOU will be in a much better place than you are today. Ask those whose marriages have recovered AND those whose marriages didn't, but all of which executed nearly perfect Plan Bs.

You still have a fighting chance.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
It MAY be the end of your marriage, and it MAY NOT.

It definitely WON'T be the end of YOU.

You will be able to look back at this time and realize that you did everything you could. You did it the best you could.

You'll be able to look at your children and tell them that you did the best you could.

You can do this. You have done so well so far.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 21 of 86 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation