Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 86 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 85 86
S
S
Not only are you doing the right thing, you are doing a great job with all of it. I know it doesn't feel that way. Believe me. You are taking all of the right steps. It is giving you all of the correct feelings too. You are doing GREAT. Hope everything went okay.

I wanted to link a thread for you too. I read it before Plan B and it helped me. laugh It was started by KaylaAndy

What kind of recovery?

Last edited by Scotland; 05/10/10 06:11 PM. Reason: adding thread

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
I'm having serious doubts..... I don't know why this will work with him.....he associates everything with abuse and survival. I'm just going to become a greater enemy and maybe to my children too. They are so happy that he is home. He said he would leave in a few weeks...couldn't I stay I plan a for a little longer? By the time this hearing comes around school will be over.....and he will be gone. I don't know what to think.....not only that I had to plop vdown $2500 retainer.....she said that if I go all the way with this, it could run 10000$-20000.00. No way I can afford that.

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
K
K
No you cannot stay in Plan A.

Go to Plan B. You know it is right and Plan B will give you PEACE from this turmoil. And you can try to see if your WH can be stuck with your A's fees.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
He's here screaming and yelling at our kids. It was pretty peaceful this past weekend, but now I'm sick to my stomach again. This hurts too much to be around him.....I'm on the edge of tears constantly. This whole process will be so long and draining....I won't ever recover. I cried through the whole process of filling out the application...everytime I got to one of my children's names and where they were born....floods of memories came rushing in and I couldn't stop the tears. Who will I share those memories with when he is the only one that knows these things of our children.

This dragged out divorce will be so painful for me. I don't see how this is going to save my marriage...everything seems to be making it worse.

She said that they will serve the papers on Wednesday or Thursday, but no guarantees about when the hearing will be. Maybe I should go away for the weekend.....I wish I could just drop everything and sail away. How did I get here? I keep asking myself that question. I can't think of anything good to say. I guess i want him to tell me that he will fulfill my requests....it's not going to happen though.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
OP Offline
H
They wanted to serve him at school in the office, but i said at his vehicle after school. I just can't continue to embarrass him that way. Who knows....maybe he is going to serve me papers??? He is still all scecrets...sitting over there with his computer typing away. He no longer sits in his chair because i would be able to see what he was typing. Now, he sits beside me doing his thing...hiding his computer. There's no guarantee that their phone records will be pulled; I wish. I would love to have that extra evidence.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
S
S
Oh HE, I am so sorry. This is a roller coaster ride for sure. You are doing the right thing. You will come through this BETTER than you ever imagined. I feel better than I have in a few years and it is thanks to MB. Just work the plans. Have FAITH in your path. Have HOPE for the future. Pray that you are shown the way. Then take the steps, don't question and doubt. You can do this. YOU ARE DOING THIS.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
K
K
No. They can serve the papers in the place that will make him regret divorcing you the most.

You do not want him this way. You want YOUR H, not this alien! Embarrassment may seem harsh BUT IT WORKS!

You are doing this! You are STRONG!

DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO SCREAM AT THE KIDS.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

H
OP Offline
H
He does not want me and while he's here I'm in a mess. He just left and I wonder where he is and when he'll be back??? Also, how mad is he going to be about being served at work? He's just walking around the house doing his laundry and acting like everything is fine. He even at the dinner that my friend brought to me because of what I'm going through. she brought it for my kids and myself not him!

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
K
K
He'll be mad, but that is fine. Don't be upset--if he decides to be a man, the man you want, you can cancel the divorce.

Calm down, and take some deep breaths.

I really, really, think that you need to go to Plan B as soon as possible. You're getting very upset and Plan B will preserve your love for him.

S
S
KR- she has filed to go into plan B. ML is in her court.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
K
K
Mind being a little clearer? ML?

Sorry...

S
S
MelodyLane.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
The lawyer told me about something called discovery, but it's an extra $1000....she said it's where they are given 50 days to turn over all cell phone and email records from him and her. When my mom heard that, she said "add it to the card; I want that"LOL
My mom has had it with him over the years. I think I want to do it as it will give me extra proof if needed.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
The lawyer told me about something called discovery, but it's an extra $1000....she said it's where they are given 50 days to turn over all cell phone and email records from him and her. When my mom heard that, she said "add it to the card; I want that"LOL
My mom has had it with him over the years. I think I want to do it as it will give me extra proof if needed.

Stick to the plan and be strong, Hope! You are doing great and I am glad you spoke to your mother. When you file, how long will it take to get him out? What did the lawyer say about that?

And secondly, it was ok for your H to carry on a WORKPLACE AFFAIR, so it is only appropriate that he be served at WORK in front of the OW. Please do not protect him from this consequence, Kim. Your H desperately needs some consquences now. Not to punish him, but to wake him up.

I realise you are scared because you are not used to standing up to him, hope, but please believe this is the right thing to do. You are doing the right thing for your husband, your marriage and your family.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
The lawyer told me about something called discovery, but it's an extra $1000....she said it's where they are given 50 days to turn over all cell phone and email records from him and her.

Oh, hell yes!!! This will make your case for you. Do it!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
She said that she will push for hearing next week, but there is always a chance that judge could give him extra time...I don't know. I filed under adultry, but she added other things to...like taking advantage of community property...ie the deposit of my check from mortgage.

She said that she understood what I wanted, but to remember that it could always make things worse. i told her..I know , but it's what I want. He will be served on Wednesday or thursday. In the mean time, I've got to find a way to put that phone in his car. He tried to make small talk, but I'm sorry, I could not do that. I just want to cry when I look at him. I told her I wanted child support, to stay in house, to get him out, and I wanted more than half of the community property. I have another meeting with her on Friday.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
hope, press her on influencing the judge in getting him out by telling him that your H's behavior is so abusive and erratic that it causing emotional distress. Dr Harley is a clinical psychologist and he says that women can only endure about 3-4 weeks of this before they start suffering serious psychological and physical ramifications. In your case, you have already lost 50 pounds and are crying around him. You need some relief. NOW.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Dr Willard Harley
"When a WS refuses to leave the lover, there are no good options for the BS. At first, plan A is recommended because there is a slim hope (15%) that, with encouragement, a WS will make the decision to leave the lover. But 85% don't do that, even when plan A is implemented perfectly. That leaves two other choices which are both bad. The first is to continue plan A indefinitely, trying to encourage the WS to leave the lover, and the second is to initiate plan B, which is to completely separate from the WS.

The problem with a continuation of plan A is that it usually leads to severe emotional symptoms, including years of post-traumatic stress disorder, even when the WS eventually returns. Many women that I've counseled actually have nervous breakdowns in their effort to draw their WS back to them. Instead of making the BS attractive to the WS, plan A actually makes these poor women so unattractive that it completely eliminates all hope of reconciliation. And 95% of all affairs eventually "die a natural death." If you do absolutely nothing, they usually end.

So I've recommended plan B rather early in the effort to separate the WS from his lover."
Dr Willard Harley credentials

Exposure 101

M
M

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the article...it was very informative. The anxiety is right on and I already see the stress in my children. I'm hoping my parents coming will reduce some of that for me. I'm also getting nervous about the money all ready. I'm truly scared, but I guess it's out of my hands. I worry about my children hating me over the divorce....after all, I'm the one filing.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
Page 28 of 86 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (sergio45), 491 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation