Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 47 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 46 47
S
S
Originally Posted by Scotland
NP! That's what I am here for. Sometimes, I need the kick in the pants too. Feel free to give me those kicks whenever needed. grin

[Linked Image from easyfreesmileys.com]

Oh.....sorry for the t/j Mymissy....I thought scotty was talking to me....It did cheer you up a little though, didnt it? grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well after 3+ weeks of not hearing from WH I received an email today.

"FYI: I got the kids moved to their apartment so I am officially done with the SUV for awhile. However, the oil life is on 30% I can switch with you now or we can wait until its next service. Or we don't have to switch at all. if you want to switch back have your brother let me know. If I don't hear from you or him I will assume you want me to keep it until after its next service. Thanks!"

I want so badly to email back - How can you be so callus, unfeeling, and simply "throw" me away??? How and why???
Now I can't seem to turn off the tears.

Last edited by mymissy; 05/14/10 08:29 AM.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So I have a question - I know I am in a dark plan B (sort of, I get the occasional email from WH).
How long do I stay there? Knowing that he has gone forward with the dissolution and continues the A; do I stay in plan B until I go to court and then forever?
I am not seeing any signs of A ending.
I did speak with DstepD today and she told me that WH asks about me every time she sees him.
I don't get it, if he is concerned about me why not ask himself?
Has this become a battle of wills, he continues his A and sees how long until one of us breaks in terms of any contact?
I am starting to think he really doesn't care, but then why ask DD how I am.
Very confused and conflicted....

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
P
P
Missy, if you remember Queenie's WH now FWH was gone for TWO YEARS. You're way early into Plan B to be thinking about ditching it yet.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Missy,

Plan B is not designed to do anything to end the affair. It is designed to let you learn to live again and survive until the affair ends.

And it will end in all probability...

95% of affairs implode all by themselves within two years.

So Plan B gives you time to get through withdrawal from him, learn to be a whole person again and salvage enough of what is left in his account in your Love Bank so that you don't hate him by the time that happens.

A dark Plan B sometimes hastens the demise of the affair by stopping the meeting of any ENs that you might be meeting for him. Usually an affair partner only is able to meet a portion of the ENs that a WS requires and unless the AP turns out to be one of those rare people who can adapt quite rapidly, the PEA rush wears off in a year or so and the incompatibility shows itself and Love Busting starts taking it's toll until the "relationship" simply dies a natural death.

Affairs end for the same reasons that they are possible. Two selfish, self absorbed, self-centered people seldom end up with a sustainable relationship. The reasons to have an affair are selfish reasons and the affair partners can't really provide what each other needs long term. Coupled with the fact that there is no history together, which at first draws them together, means that they really have not very much invested in each other or a relationship with each other. The less that is invested, the less likely it is that the relationship can last.

So that's the technical side of it...

Plan B is for YOU, Missy. It is so that YOU can have some sort of life that is not defined by his waywardness and the drama that follows from that. It gives YOU the chance to create some peace, some personal space and start to find some joy in life once more.

There is not a lot of point in trying to figure out what he is doing since none of it makes any sense anyway. If he was doing what made sense, he would be with you right now trying to show you how much you mean to him. The thing is, a wayward spouse only considers their own selfish desires which change like the winds... He is an addict, Missy. All that means anything to him at all is his next fix. He'll get it from you if you give it to him. If you cut him out of your life entirely, he will have to get everything from his AP. She's not nearly as equipped to provide that as you are so in time he will realize that.

Then the only question will be if you have enough love left for him to do the really hard work of recovery or if you will have decided that it is time to move on yourself without him. In a couple of years you can make a rational decision about that because it will give you enough time to stop reacting to the constant pain of his hurtful behavior.

Either way, if he returns or not, Plan B lets you become stronger, more sure of what you want and what you need and allows you to heal enough that you won't be deciding our of desperation.

Mark

N
N
MM

[[[[[[[MyMissy]]]]]]]

All I got to say-I think Mark said it all

Nesre

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

Free.... and going wherever the big guy wants me to go......
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks so very much Mark and Nesre, you have no idea how much it helps to have things "spelled" out for me.
I have always considered myself intelligent, able to find the positive aspect, and always able to "figure" it out.
This has really thrown me, the bad things seemed to keep happening, and I just can't seem to get my feet under me.

Now I am bringing myself back to the spirituality I believe in and have found comfort in the fact that everything happens for a reason.

I have received 4 job offers and 1 has the potential for limitless growth. I am probably taking that one. It means a much longer drive to work but the big picture is worth it.
Had the "bad" stuff not happened, well then this job wouldn't be happening either.
So that is the positive.

I guess I just keep trying to understand and figure it out; maybe I am not supposed to understand but have faith.
That has been so hard to do. Overall I wanted instant results; I think I really secretly hoped that a short plan A would have ended the A. When that didn't happen, I thought a short plan B would do the same.
I also realize that I am emotionally in a much better place now than if I had continued to live under the same roof; I can now breathe.

I keep forgetting (probably on purpose) that plan B is for ME. No one else but ME. I have so wanted for him to beg for my forgiveness and reclaim my life, that I have not really worked on personal recovery. But thank you for reminding me. I guess I just am unsure if I can wait 2 years. I keep saying - one day at time - but I am obviously not living it.

Thanks Mark for reminding what plan B is truly for. Again many people on here have said it, but I am not sure I heard it. It is still so hard.

I don't know if anyone saw the Dr. Phil show on Thurs. but he had Cindy Shackleford and Jenny Sanford on. You hear it on this board all the time, but to see it as well - well I am still in amazement that Waywards all sound the same.
That the same alien has invaded all of them

Something changed today and I am starting to look at my life from only my perspective; not how it may or may not impact WH.

I hope that anyone new on here may read this and learn from it.

Thanks again, I need to hear this message often!!!!

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
M
Missy,

Faith is believing what you know is true, even when you can't see it or feel it...

Mark

N
N
MM

I also realize that I am emotionally in a much better place now than if I had continued to live under the same roof; I can now breathe.

I keep forgetting (probably on purpose) that plan B is for ME. No one else but ME.

You are starting to heal. Hang onto that thought.

Nesre

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

Free.... and going wherever the big guy wants me to go......
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have to keep re-reading Mark's post to remind myself daily of what I am doing and why.
I think that I (and probably many other newly BS) are so desperate to believe that Plan A and B will provide instant results to ending the A and restoring the M. That no matter how much of Dr. Harley's material I have read that I still wanted those instant results.
It has been so hard to digest and force myself to constantly get the kick in the pants to remember what Plan B is about.
So I am forcing myself back to one day at a time and attempting to put MY life back together; whatever that means.
Thanks again Mark.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, after much deliberation and worry; I have accepted a new job today. It will be a much - much longer commute, and the money is the same as I was making. But the potential for growth is limitless and it is a management position. I will be half patient care and half management.
It does bring me geographically closer to my family. And down the road I am planning on moving in that direction.
This is the YEAH break I have needed for 2010.
Thanks for everyone's support.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

H
H
stealing a line from Mark...

Faith is believing what you know is true, even when you can't see it or feel it...

I found that when I stopped trying to control the situation that is when everything started to work for me-- mentally, spiritually and financially.

This is great news about the job. New responsibilities, new start, new people. All good on your own personal recovery.

You need to take care of yourself first. You cannot stop the alienation of your wayward. He has to come to his own demise and we can no longer save them.

Blessings.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for that Hope, I am trying to take care of myself.
I have started posting to others, but I am finding that it is easier giving the advice that I have been given versus following it myself.

I am still sad and in shock that the course of events that have happened in my life and happened so quickly.
BUT, I am trying to focus on the future and I am tentatively putting half a foot in front of the other. Although sometimes it feels as though I am only reluctantly doing so.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, I don't understand the reason for any of this, but I remain hopeful down the road that understanding will come to me. I also remain hopeful that in time WH will come to his senses as well, for now I continue to slowly move forward with my life.

Today was an excellent start for that.
I am actually excited and am anticipating the start of a new career journey.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by mymissy

I have not felt that way since 12/30/09. So, YEAH for that.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

H
H
Thanks for that Hope, I am trying to take care of myself.
I have started posting to others, but I am finding that it is easier giving the advice that I have been given versus following it myself.

I do the same. I try to give what help I can even though I did not "save" my M but others can learn from my mistakes.

I am still sad and in shock that the course of events that have happened in my life and happened so quickly.
BUT, I am trying to focus on the future and I am tentatively putting half a foot in front of the other. Although sometimes it feels as though I am only reluctantly doing so.

It is coming up to 2 years for my own DDay and some days I am still in shock and how I got to this place. Most days I do ok and keep taking it one day at a time. Even when I still run into XH -- it is looking at an alien. He has aged 10 years and has never looked so bad. The last time I saw him I felt empathy for him. Obviously he still has not reached his own bottom but he is spiraling at least alcohol and sick wise these days. He continues to try and live the fantasy with a much less woman. He chose poorly.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, I don't understand the reason for any of this, but I remain hopeful down the road that understanding will come to me. I also remain hopeful that in time WH will come to his senses as well, for now I continue to slowly move forward with my life.

There is a reason and we don't have to understand it but God has a plan for us and it is a good one. It is ok to still love your XH but you have to detach from him because it will destroy you. Build the life you deserve and see where that path takes you. Be fearless.

Today was an excellent start for that.

It is exciting news and it will give you something new to focus on while you rebuild your life.

We are all in this together.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am working on rebuilding my life according to what I want. For the last 12 years I built a life according to what WH wanted.
I have not given up that somewhere down the road the A will end and WH will want to recover. But I have decided that if that happens I will cross that bridge then. For now all the plans that I am making revolve around me. If R becomes a possibility then WH will have to come to me.

Of course as I posted earlier today on NP thread, I am struggling with desperately wanting to hear WH voice.
So I think I will go shopping and leave my phone at home.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

H
H
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am working on rebuilding my life according to what I want. For the last 12 years I built a life according to what WH wanted.

That part I am enjoying even on the days I feel indecisive but I get to chose. Find something new you always wanted to try and just go for it. It will give you a feeling of satisfactin

I have not given up that somewhere down the road the A will end and WH will want to recover. But I have decided that if that happens I will cross that bridge then. For now all the plans that I am making revolve around me. If R becomes a possibility then WH will have to come to me.
They are aliens right now. You can't break through that as long as they are with the OP. My XWH is having an Affairage in October in Vegas. Everyone thinks he is nuts and he is pretty much certifiable. They have to come to their own bottom. It is ok to still love the unlovable but we need to save ourselves from their own destruction. Until the dusts settles from the implosion the only thing you can do is stand out of the way. It won't be pretty.

Of course as I posted earlier today on NP thread, I am struggling with desperately wanting to hear WH voice.
So I think I will go shopping and leave my phone at home.

It is not his voice you want to hear it is your sane H that you are looking for. If he waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck -- he is still a wayward. If you actually talked to him it will be so unsatisfying it will make you crazy for days. It is a stranger speaking and being controlled by the OW. Blessings.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So, tonight I still continue to struggle with overwhelming sadness and loneliness. I think "I can't do this"!
But what choice was I given I am being forced to go through this. I seem to be struggling with anger, resentment, and grief.
It all is so unfair. And I am afraid....
Even the exciting new job seems to pale in comparison. I feel like I have to force - really, really force myself to put one foot in front of the other.
But again, what other choice is there.
I am so tired of triggers and tears.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

H
H
Congratulations on the new job!!! Might be nice to have a distraction to keep your mind off the Wayward. When do you start?

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Holyheart
Congratulations on the new job!!! Might be nice to have a distraction to keep your mind off the Wayward. When do you start?

June 1, so I actually have much to do before then. Hopefully all of it will be a BIG distraction.
The new job will be a challenge, something that I can immerse myself in and concentrate on that. YEAH

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

Page 34 of 47 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation