Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R

M
M
Good job, rlt and I like the title of your thread. wink

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
R
OP Offline
R
Clever, ain't it??

V
V
I think when it comes to family or even close friends, I would have done the same as you rit.
I would have wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would hear my words, respect them considering the source, and do the right thing.

I would have been dealing with this with emotions, rather than logic.
Not so close friends or not family, no emotions involved, I wouldn't give exposure a second thought, I'd be using logic.

I wouldn't want to believe that they are as wayward and selfish as what I saw in my own WS, (or reading here) even though I listened to to him and rolled my eyes. MrRollieEyes

So hindsight is 20/20, lesson learned and not to be repeated.
Based on your experience, I would expose without warning, so thank you for sharing.

I hope that Joey's sees how doing the right thing, trumped your fear of his anger and isolation. pray

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

M
M
Thanks for making this thread, rlt. Your situation is a perfect example of why it is a bad idea to forewarn the affairees before you expose. It only results in huge fights between the exposER and the exposee and just diminishes the chance of the victim getting the truth. The WS is going to be mad anyway, so you might as well tell the BS without warning so the message does not get muddied.

Blackmailing a WS into busting himself is futile endeavor that makes the problem worse, not better.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Blackmailing a WS into busting himself is futile endeavor that makes the problem worse, not better.

Amen, sister. This is true every time.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation