Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 66 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 65 66
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Neak
Whether he signs an agreement or not, he's still responsible for supporting his REAL family financially.

Rather than risk him putting a monkey wrench in your PB plans by bickering over details of a separation agreement, you might consider taking a short-term risk and filing for an emergency hearing only if he stops paying. If you're the main breadwinner you can worry about that less, anyway. Either way, I think you should proceed as already planned.

This is actually a pretty good idea. The mortgage payments come directly out of his bank account anyway so if he defaults it's going to badly affect his own credit as well, which I highly doubt he wants. So yes, perhaps this is the best way to do it. smile

I am going to work on more packing when I can. Got caught up cleaning the house yesterday what with WH's mom coming to stay, so I didn't get as much done as I'd like to. It'll have to be in the evenings after work....but oh well. It'll get done.

Originally Posted by karmasrose
I think the idea was for him to have to go to OW and deal with her (more than likely) bratty kids.

Actually - I am not quite even as nice as that! wink He CAN'T stay with OW when her kids are around, which leaves him high and dry for a place to go!

OW H would kick his sorry @$$ if he was around his kids. I don't blame him. The thought of DD even SEEING OW makes me sick sick sick. I think I'm going to borrow a name for her from another poster (Scotty, is it?).....WF (Wh#re Face).

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Originally Posted by Vibrissa
((NP))

Just want to chime in that you're doing great NP. Just hang in there. I also agree with Margie's idea. I forget, are you planning on changing the locks? Perhaps you should get that done today. When he gets home don't even open the door, though it would be nice if you were gone. When he calls, don't answer. If he gets angry/ violent, call the police.

You can do this NP, you really can. Stay strong. Do you have an IM?

Yes, change the locks ASAP...and Plan B will be a godsend for you right now, youll see. You need some peace right now.

I will have to call someone to change the locks on the doors. And yes, my IM is all set up. She is fantastic, if a little too compassionate for WH (she says she is praying for him too because he's so far gone right now).

Looking forward to taking charge of my life and not letting the drama hurt me anymore.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
Looking forward to taking charge of my life and not letting the drama hurt me anymore.

YAY! That's EXACTLY what you need right now!

Me 31
Him 26
Married 11/30/04

DD11
DD8
DS3

In a big ol mess...
M
M
And yes, my IM is all set up. She is fantastic, if a little too compassionate for WH (she says she is praying for him too because he's so far gone right now).

This is worrisome to me NP. You have to make it abundantly clear that as your IM she is there to PROTECT you and lil bean! She is not to allow any fog babble through. She is only to pass along factual details from WH regarding things like finances or seeing DD2. This is an absolute must NP and if you do not feel your IM is up to it then you need a different IM. This is even more important in your sitch with your preganancy reaching the end.

N
OP Offline
N
Oh yes, she knows that. I made sure to tell her exactly what she needs to do when filtering communication between him and I. She's been in my situation herself so she understands what I'm going through (she's one of the successful ones though - she and her husband have the happiest marriage ever now).

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

M
M
Glad to hear this NP. This is extremely important. If she falters early on and starts letting fog babble through then you should definitely get another IM right away. The purpose of Plan B is to remove yourself from WH in order to preserve what little love you still have left in your LB. In your case I see an equally important reason of insulating you from the drama so you can focus on the birth of lil bean without the added stress.

N
N
Maybe I needed to explain just a little more. smile I don't think that NP's Plan B schedule needs to change one whit for anything to do with WH, OW, or her kids' visitation schedule. Whether WH has somewhere to stay the first couple nights or not, come Friday night he's in trouble.

Having him leave the house like this is a Godsend. I worry how much more difficult it would be to get him out if he gets to come back at all, even just 2 days.

That's also why I suggested being ready well ahead, so if he gets it into his brain to come back early, NP isn't caught off guard, and can still keep him out of the house.

NP, I agree with your thinking on the finances. Most waywards don't stop paying altogether, and the ones who do usually feel the quick wrath of an angry judge. It doesn't work out so well for them. grin

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
You can also print out some of the IM info on here that might be helpful to your IM. It's much easier to start out right than to try and retrofit into a strong position.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Bumped an IM thread 4 ya, NP. "Intermediary training school"

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks....I'm going to print that and give it to my IM. smile

WH just called me, twice in a row. I hit "Ignore" on my phone....and it felt GOOD.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
Thanks....I'm going to print that and give it to my IM. smile

WH just called me, twice in a row. I hit "Ignore" on my phone....and it felt GOOD.

hurray

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

N
N
It's better to hit ignore than to risk a lovebuster.

That said, if he calls and you're able to hold up your Plan A, great - talk to him. Do the best Plan A you can right up until he gets the letter.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
OP Offline
N
I had to hit ignore because I really didn't feel like talking to him.

He just texted me though, and said he had his interview with a company up north and it's likely they will be offering him a position up there. Makes things easier if they do, I suppose. I responded as nicely as I could....not as nicely as I would have pre-A though....

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
Glad to see your plan forming. Yes, it is me that calls POSOW, WF. It makes me feel so good. I just make sure not to say it in front of the kiddos. That's when I use the initials instead.

You are doing GRAND.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
OP Offline
N
He called back and I was able to talk to him very nicely.

He seemed to be making plans and forming ideas of DD and I moving up north WITH HIM if he gets the job. Kept my mouth shut - but this is NOT happening right now. Perhaps if he agrees to all my conditions and makes serious efforts while I'm in Plan B.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

N
OP Offline
N
And thank you, Scotty. smile WF also fits my WH's POSOW very nicely. smile

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

N
N
Good job talking to him. Talk when you can, be aware and avoid talking to him when you might lovebust. Better to miss a Plan A moment than to have a mean ole lovebuster sneak in right at the last.

Do your best for what you can - it's not much longer. hug

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
OP Offline
N
I just need one good vent and I'm done:

I miss my husband. I miss the man who looked at me like I meant the world to him, complimented me, held my hand, said "I love you" at the end of every phone call. I miss the man who stood up for me and supported me when I was down and clapped for me when I was up. I miss the man who was so excited when DD was born and stood there beside me holding my hand in the delivery room the entire labour process. I miss the man who gave us big hugs and said, "Family hug time!" and put pictures of us up in his office. I miss the man who gave me the aisle seat like I want every time we were on a plane together, but let me lean over to look out when we were landing. I miss the man who was excited to be with me and see me. I miss the man who cried at our wedding. I miss the man who took care of me when I had a stomach ulcer, and put cold cloths on my head every time I got sick.

There. Sort of done. I could go on for a while.

I just need to remember this is NOT my husband that I am telling to leave our home. frown

Still, it sucks. I guess missing that man now is no different from missing him when he's out of the house, because he's already not here.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

N
N
You're so right. Your true DH has been gone for months, and all you're banishing is the soul-sucking alien who looks quite a bit like DH, except for the empty eyes.

Big hugs for you - I know how hard this is.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
I just need one good vent and I'm done:

I miss my husband. I miss the man who looked at me like I meant the world to him, complimented me, held my hand, said "I love you" at the end of every phone call. I miss the man who stood up for me and supported me when I was down and clapped for me when I was up. I miss the man who was so excited when DD was born and stood there beside me holding my hand in the delivery room the entire labour process. I miss the man who gave us big hugs and said, "Family hug time!" and put pictures of us up in his office. I miss the man who gave me the aisle seat like I want every time we were on a plane together, but let me lean over to look out when we were landing. I miss the man who was excited to be with me and see me. I miss the man who cried at our wedding. I miss the man who took care of me when I had a stomach ulcer, and put cold cloths on my head every time I got sick.

There. Sort of done. I could go on for a while.

I just need to remember this is NOT my husband that I am telling to leave our home. frown

Still, it sucks. I guess missing that man now is no different from missing him when he's out of the house, because he's already not here.

Its good you vented this, but I find that thinking this stuff makes me sadder....Your H is gone right now and WH has replaced him....You have to think of it that way, Someday he will be back to H, but it might be too late for us. So for all intents and purposes he is not here right now. WH is NOT H. hug You are gonna be okay, either way.

Last edited by stillhere8126; 05/18/10 09:00 AM. Reason: hugs

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 13 of 66 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation