Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 99 of 199 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 198 199
S
S
We have a teacher at our school that has a rep for not liking girls...a friend of mines daughter was in her class in first grade and the daughter is very very shy....the teacher told my friend that she thought she should get her checked out because there is something "seriously" wrong with her because she doesnt fool around and talk like the other kids in class and when she is asked a question she answers very quietly.

My friend said her H was like that too, so she didnt listen to the teacher. She is just a shy little girl, she has friends and does well in school and no other teacher has ever said anything since...they all say she is sweet.

My point is since when is being shy a "serious" problem...its just ridiculous nowadays.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
OP Offline
S
Okie dokie, Nuff talking bout my kiddo. I think I am emotionally drained by this one.

I will see what the principal has to say Monday and I will go from there.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
K, good luck....sorry I was just babbling, I dont know whats up with me tonite. kiss

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

F
F
time for a joke...

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank - proving once and for all that you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
A preacher was walking down the street when he notices a little boy trying to ring the doorbell but it's just out of his reach. he watches his efforts for some time and walks over to press the the bell. After he pressed it he leveled down to the boy and asked' "Now what?" to which the boy turned and shouted, "NOW WE RUN!!"

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
An old man lived alone in Idaho. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, Bubba, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament.

Dear Bubba:
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.

Love, Dad

A few days later, he received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad:
For heaven's sake, Dad, don't dig up that garden. That's where I buried the BODIES.
Love, Bubba

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local Police showed up and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left.
That same day, the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad:
Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. It's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love, Bubba

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx FF, I needed those. I liked the last one best.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
rotflmao Those were great Faith...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Originally Posted by AnnaBelleRose
hey hey, SSO, not all teachers are stupid...

I know, I was just talking about those ones anna. But this subject is closed now at scottys request.

I don't want to DJ teachers, some of the finest ppl on earth. hurray

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
N
N
Mom has been looking up misplaced modifiers and dangling participles. One of my favorites:

"For sale: Antique desk suitable for a lady with thick legs and big drawers."

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
F
F
LOL

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
M
M
I don't want to DJ teachers, some of the finest ppl on earth.

Not when they are an OW and try to ruin your life and steal your family....grrrrr.

Ok sorry, I just had to say it. Threadjack over. wink

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
C
C
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
I don't want to DJ teachers, some of,are the finest ppl on earth.

Not when they are an OW and try to ruin your life and steal your family....grrrrr.

Ok sorry, I just had to say it. Threadjack over. wink

Lol

S
OP Offline
S
Okay, so I had my meeting with the principal and teacher today. It was an hour long. I cried a lot. I talked about my feelings and what the teacher/vice-principal said Friday. Then the principal said, "Oh no, we wouldn't have said anything about meds. This isn't something that can be helped through medication. I think counseling is probably the best solution although he may not talk to the counselor anyways." DS7 is not allowed on the school trips for the rest of the year though because the principal said that it is something that is now causing a safety issue outside of the school. I agreed that would be best and that we would tell DS7 that it was a consequence of his actions up until this point.

I had to tell the teacher some things that she didn't agree with but that other parents have also said. She was defending herself as I would hope, but I don't think she sees it. I had my peace. I hope she takes something out of it.

The good thing is that the principal and teacher told me that DS7 is GREAT 95% of the time. It is just that 5% that they want taken care of. I expressed that I felt like they wanted me to control his behaviour at school and I wouldn't be able to do that. They agreed and said that they just wanted me to know that he would be spending a lot of time in the principal's office doing nothing. I said that I didn't like it but I would be okay with it if that was what they had decided. I told the that they had to find DS7's currency. They then need to set time limits for him to get things done as he follows leadership better when he is set time limits.

I am calling the counseling today and finding out when I can get him in. He will probably spend some of his time just sitting there. We will see. ARGH

That's my update. Sucks about the school trips but I agree that they have to worry about a safety issue. I feel better about this stuff anyways. smile

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
So glad the talk helped and that you are feeling better!

Me 31
Him 26
Married 11/30/04

DD11
DD8
DS3

In a big ol mess...
S
S
I am glad you got to say you wanted to say and that you are feeling better....I am not crazy about DS principal and a lot of other parents feel the same...at least you got to say your piece, whether they listen or not. If he is good 95% of the time, goodness that sounds great to me. He will be fine, you are handling it well and you are a great mom. smile

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

L
L
Scotty, I'm inclined to agree with FF about stopping the "olive branches"; however, if you still want to offer them, I would stretch out the time between them.

I do think that your WH may be somewhat complacent about your still being there for whenever he gets ready to come home, and this could mean that he stays with OW longer. In addition to the possibility that he thinks you are reading his emails, he may even think that you are telling the boys to ask him to come home.

I think I've suggested this to you before. I think it would be a really good idea to get all dressed up and go somewhere without the boys every now and then. I really think you need to shake up any thought he might have of you sitting at home, patiently waiting for him to come back. I'm not suggesting that you do anything inappropriate, but waywards seem to HATE the idea that their BS might actually be having a life that doesn't involve waiting around on their WS. You can bet that the boys will let him know that mommy goes places without them on occasion.

I used to pretend that I was going out on the town when my WH was supposedly at the deer camp. All I really did was to get all dressed up and make an appearance at the local bar, drink half a drink and then be in a rush to go meet friends in a nearby city. Then, I would simply go home, park behind the house, and not answer the phone if it rang. laugh

It didn't take long for my WH to try and arrange things so that I would have to stay home! laugh

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
S
OP Offline
S
Just talked to my Dad. He made it home safely(there were a lot of flight cancellations due to the volcanic ash). My Dad just taught me a good word that I am going to use for WH now. His new name is Bampot. Love it.

LC, it's funny that you mentioned this now. I was thining about doing this. I am going to take up some of my friends offers and even my Mom(now that she is home with my Dad) to watch the kids for me for a couple of hours on Wednesday nights. Then I will dress up and go to the coffee shop or something with a female friend of mine. I am not doing it for the effect it will give to WH, because I WON'T KNOW(you know the whole PLAN B and ALL grin ). I need some time to unwind sometimes. I spend most of my days cleaning the house and walking/shopping with my friends. I need to find some time when I have some time to just veg and unwind

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Yes, Yes...Scotty, you definitely need some Me time.. "you" time, you know what I mean....as much as you possibly can, it is soooo important right now, really. Go to the movies or dinner with friends, plan some stuff. Dressing up and going out makes such a difference.

Oh and the alone time too. Take a nice bubble bath, do a mani and pedi...watch a movie that you like....Thats what I do when WH has DS. WH never liked scary movies, now i watch them all the time.

Last edited by stillhere8126; 05/17/10 06:35 PM.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
OP Offline
S
Well, when WH has DSx2, I am at work. The only other "time" I have is when they are at school. They are in school all day. I work Wednesdays and Thursdays though, so that leaves me Mon, Tues and Fri. I usually catch up on laundry and house work.

I don't take bubble baths. I can go watch a movie though and read at the library or a park.

I will figure out something though. smile

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 99 of 199 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation