Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 66 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 65 66
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Neak
You're so right. Your true DH has been gone for months, and all you're banishing is the soul-sucking alien who looks quite a bit like DH, except for the empty eyes.

Big hugs for you - I know how hard this is.

Empty eyes is right! That's one of the hardest things when I look in his face these days.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
S
S
Yeah, they all got them empty eyes...there is a thread on here somewhere about how they all have em.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
N
OP Offline
N
Empty eyes because they've emptied their souls.....

Just wanted to post my improved Plan B letter. Any other comments or suggestions would be great:

Dearest WH,

I am so sorry our marriage has come to this. I recognize my part in our relationship that created an environment where you became vulnerable to another woman's attentions.

I have learned to avoid the mistakes I've made in the past, and am constantly working to find better ways to resolve conflict between us. I want to create a new life for both of us that meets both our needs and creates a loving home for our children. But we cannot do that until you end all contact with POSOW once and for all, and commit to having her out of our lives completely.

Until then, I hope you will understand when I say that I cannot see you or talk to you anymore. IM has agreed to be our intermediary, and she will help in making it easy for you to see your children, as we discussed. Our only contact should be in the case of emergency about the children.

Please understand my decision to separate from you this way. It is too painful for me to live with you any longer as long as you are also with her and do not want to have a marriage with me. I love you very much, and need to preserve that love so that I will still want to recover our marriage when you end your affair. I ask that until you are ready to end your affair with POSOW and focus on our marriage and family, you leave our home.

The way back home is simple: end all contact; be completely transparent with me with your phone, emails, and time; be truly repentant for the damage you caused; and, commit to rebuilding our marriage.

I look forward to the day when we can begin to rebuild our family and begin the rest of our lives together as a family. I want nothing more than to be your partner through life, and your best friend and confidante in all matters - you have always been mine. We can have a stronger marriage built on trust, love, honesty, and teamwork.

I loved you from the day I met you and I continue to love you right up to this moment. I hope for and look forward to a time when we can begin a new marriage with each other.

Love,
NewPetals

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
Ummmm, I have to ponder it a bit more but...I would leave out the part about him having to be truly repentent in the conditions, sounds a little too much to me. The come home demands can be more specified when he decides to do what it takes to commit to recovering...

and I am not sure about the first sentence, I think it should be more about your responsiblilty for the marriage itself, not his indescretions(sp)....

See what others say also, but I am thinking on it....

UGGGHHH!!! I wish I could find my Plan B letter!!!!

Last edited by stillhere8126; 05/18/10 11:47 AM. Reason: Ughhh

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks stillhere!

I'd like to give it to him within a few days (whenever he returns) so I'm hoping to have it ready by then...

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
Empty eyes because they've emptied their souls.....

Just wanted to post my improved Plan B letter. Any other comments or suggestions would be great:

Here are some changes I would make

Dearest WH,

I am so sorry our marriage has come to this. I recognize my part in our relationship that created an environment where you became vulnerable to another woman's attentions.

I have learned from my to avoid the mistakes I've made in the past, and am constantly working to find better ways to resolve conflict between us. I want to create a new life for both of us that meets both our needs and creates a loving home for our children. But we cannot do that until you end all contact with POSOW OW H's wife (if she is married, I refused to give the POSOW a name) once and for all, and commit to having her out of our lives completely.

Until then, I hope you will understand when I say that I cannot see you or talk to you anymore. IM has agreed to be our intermediary, and she will help in making it easy for you to see your children, as we discussed. Our only contact should be in the case of emergency about the children.

Please understand my decision to separate from you this way. It is too painful for me to live with you any longer as long as you are also with her and do not want to have a marriage with me. I love you very much, and need to preserve that love so that I will still want to recover our marriage when you end your affair. and I ask that until you are ready to end your affair with POSOW and focus on our marriage and family, you leave our home.

The way back home is simple: end all contact; be completely transparent with me with your phone, emails, and time; be truly repentant for the damage you caused; and, commit to rebuilding our marriage.

I look forward to the day when we can begin to rebuild our family and begin the rest of our lives together as a family. I want nothing more than to be your partner through life, and your best friend and confidante in all matters - you have always been mine. We can have a stronger marriage built on trust, love, honesty, and teamwork.

I loved you from the day I met you and I continue to love you right up to this moment. I hope for and look forward to a time when we can begin a new marriage with each other.

Love,
NewPetals

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
M
M
NP, are you ready - legally - for plan B, that was something I struggled with to understand when I was getting ready to transition. I thought plan B and D were close to the same. They are not, but you also need to protect yourself financially and legally.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
S
I just hate the first part that says that you recognize your part in creating an environment to make him vunerable...I am trying to think of something better than that sentence...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
NP,

Here is a copy of the first couple of paragraphs of my plan B letter. Maybe that will help.

I have always admired your integrity, caring, and reliability. Your strength has always inspired me. I will remember kindly all the times you have stood by me in bad health, in difficult times with the kids, and in other difficulties in our lives. I will also fondly remember all the fun times in PIB, Vegas, and the Smoky Mountains, the long walks on the beaches in Florida and the Bahamas. But I will mostly remember good times we have had with each other and with the kids. DstepD20 and I have forged a friendship that will last a lifetime. I have also always believed in you, trusted you and loved you.

I am sorry for my part in creating an environment that helped make your affair with OW H's wife possible. Since you continue your affair with his wife; I need to avoid seeing you or talking to you. You may contact me through your mother, my brother, or my lawyer. I ask that you respect my decision to separate from you this way. You must understand the suffering that I have endured because of your continued contact with her, the behavior you have demonstrated, and the choices that you have made that have affected us both and our family. I simply cannot be around you any longer knowing that you continue to see her. I cannot live here under these circumstances

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

S
S
NP, do you have the SAA book, I cant find mine(must be with my letter)....I know that there are sample Plan B letters in there, how do they start, maybe I am just being too picky about the first sentence...I like your letter though, its pretty good....I just know how Waynerds can twist the words you say and that first or second sentence just rubs me wrong....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Dearest WH,

I am so sorry our marriage has come to this. I recognize my part in our relationship that created an environment where you became vulnerable to another woman's attentionsyour affair with POSOW was possible.(the other way puts too much blame on OW)

I have learned to avoid the mistakes I've made in the past, and am constantly working to find better ways to resolve conflict between us. I want to create a new life for both of us that meets both our needs and creates a loving home for our children. But we cannot do that until you end all contact with POSOW once and for all, and commit to having her out of our lives completelyWe can not do that while you are still in contact with POSOW

Until then, I hope you will understand when I say that I cannot see you or talk to you anymore. Until then, I have chosen to avoid seeing you or talking to you.IM has agreed to be our intermediary, and she will help in making it easy for you to see your children, as we discussed. Our only contact should be in the case of emergency about the children.

Please understand my decision to separate from you this way. It is too painful for me to live with you any longer as long as you are also with her and do not want to have a marriage with me. I love you very much, and need to preserve that love so that I will still want to recover our marriage when you end your affair. I ask that until you are ready to end your affair with POSOW and focus on our marriage and family, you leave our home.

The way back home is simple: end all contact; be completely transparent with me with your phone, emails, and time; be truly repentant for the damage you caused; and, commit to rebuilding our marriage.I don't know about this either. You may want to add things to this list in the future. I had an addendum with children's visitation and finances and there was another page that had the things WH would have to do just to contact me again directly. They were,
"Before I will consider direct communication with you
1. You must WANT to work on our marriage
2. You must end the affair with WF
3. You will write a No Contact letter to WF and have it okayed by me and then I will send it.
4. You will leave WORPLACE (unless she has left first)
5. You will agree to follow a marriage counseling plan of my choosing.(MB OF COURSE)
6. You will take a sexually transmitted disease test and I will see the results."

I look forward to the day when we can begin to rebuild our familymarriage and begin the rest of our lives together as a family. I want nothing more than to be your partner through life, and your best friend and confidante in all matters - you have always been mine. We can have a stronger marriage built on trust, love, honesty, and teamwork.

Love,
NewPetals

I am sure others will pop in to give you some advice. smile

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Still, The first few pages of this thread has some sample letters in them. I used the letter from SAA almost exactly and the posters on here still had suggestions about editing. I had to laff, but I did change what they suggested.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Yeah, I think I did it like they did in the book too...I found a link and they do start out the way NP did, but I think I like yours better....and NP you do have to have a DETAILED list of things that are ready if and when WH wants to work on the marriage....So I would have that too.....

NP, I think the letter is good...Scottys changes are good...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
NP, do you have the SAA book, I cant find mine(must be with my letter)....I know that there are sample Plan B letters in there, how do they start, maybe I am just being too picky about the first sentence...I like your letter though, its pretty good....I just know how Waynerds can twist the words you say and that first or second sentence just rubs me wrong....

I'm with SH, NP. I'd lose anything in the letter that paints you out as less than the wonderful Best Choice that you are. I don't think now's the time to own up to anything that your WH can even faintly pick up on to "blame" you for the A.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
I have this list from another thread for some ideas it says it was originally posted by sexymamabear.

REQUIREMENTS TO COMING HOME
Humility

Remorse

Surrender emotionally before me and spiritually before God

Godly sorrow (not fleshly sorrow) (Godly: sorry that I ever had the A & did this to our family. Fleshly: sorry I hurt you)

Authentic repentance

Owns his choices and the consequences they caused (to himself, me, children, extended family, friends, etc.)

Apology for the A and his hurtful actions before and after

Confession & apology to children

Confession to extended family & certain close friends that have confronted him

IC, MC, & Family

Accountability forever to 3 men that I choose

Attend church again

NC Letter

Provide all cell phone & credit card records from this past year

Complete radical honesty about our entire history together

15+ hours together weekly

Pray with me daily

Polygraph

Post Nup agreement that provides for me very well if we ever divorce

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

I'm with SH, NP. I'd lose anything in the letter that paints you out as less than the wonderful Best Choice that you are. I don't think now's the time to own up to anything that your WH can even faintly pick up on to "blame" you for the A.

Yeah, thats what im thinkin too...nows not the time for that...Waynerds hone in on that stuff and throw it back at ya....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

N
OP Offline
N
Well, I know I shouldn't have....but I checked WH's email, the last one that I have access to. And, of course, there were messages between them, and he called her "baby." This does not seem like the actions of a man who plans to end his affair before the week is up.

I am moving to Plan B effective NOW.

Is it alright to send him an email with the letter, and ask him to let me know when he will be back so I can make plans accordingly to be MIA?

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
Yes, but no lb's or feeling in the email....just matter of fact..Please let me know when you will be coming by to pick up your things. Thank you....

No more looking at his emails, you will just cause yourself more unnecessary pain, k?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

N
OP Offline
N
Text of the email I am going to send him (if it's alright....I don't know if it's advisable??? $LB practically empty right now...) The bolded parts are bits I added because this will be through email, not in person as I planned...

[i]Dearest WH,

After much thought, I have made a decision on the road I need to follow. I am so sorry our marriage has come to this. I recognize my part in our relationship that created an environment where your affair with POSOW was possible.

I have learned better ways to resolve conflict between us. I want to create a new life for both of us that meets both our needs and creates a loving home for our children. We can not do that while you are still in contact with POSOW.

Until then, I have chosen to avoid seeing you or talking to you. IM has agreed to be our intermediary, and she will help in making it easy for you to see your children, as we discussed. Our only contact should be in the case of emergency about the children. Please let me know when you will be back in town and I will arrange to be out of the house and have your bag by the front door. You can return while I am at work to pack up the rest of it � I couldn�t do much because of the pregnancy.

Please understand my decision to separate from you this way. It is too painful for me to live with you any longer as long as you are also with her. I ask that until you are ready to end your affair with POSOW and focus on our marriage and family, you leave our home.

I look forward to the day when we can begin to rebuild our marriage and begin the rest of our lives together. I want nothing more than to be your partner through life, and your best friend and confidante in all matters. We can have a stronger marriage built on trust, love, honesty, and teamwork.

Love,
NewPetals

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
NP-Of course he isn't ready to end his affair this week. He is a typical cake-eater. I keep being told that is good though, because the MB plans DO work on cake-eaters.

Okay, I don't quite understand your question. Aren't you planning on having his things packed with the latter on top?

It is perfectly normal for a wife to ask her husband when he is coming home. You are still in Plan A until he arrives home? Or are you planning on going to Plan B while he is not home? I know you were planning on not letting him back into the house when he returns home. I am sorry, I am confufulled. dontknow

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 14 of 66 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation