Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66
V
V
Originally Posted by reading
...and also try to consider that plan B is best worked as using passive resistance while he is gone from the marriage. You don't do anything to worsen the situation but neither do you let your Taker fuel conflict by reacting to his threats and actions.

"Passive resistance" - that is a GREAT way to describe Plan B. Keep in mind, too, that Plan B is to preserve any love you have left for your WH. I think many begin to view Plan B as an additional tool to get their WS back, and while it can have that effect, it's inception was rooted in the idea of protecting the BS from any more wayward abuse.

It's a win-win no matter how you look at it.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
B
B
NP,

I am sorry that you are where you are, however, I think you know deep down why that is.

Now it is a matter of learning from the past. I think there are quite a few of us with experience that have tried to help you avoid the pitfalls. They are no longer posting as it isn't getting through. I remember on Friday reading some of your sitch thinking this is like watching a train wreck that you know is going to happen, just a matter of timing. I even tried to not read after that bc it was somewhat sickening to see, especially the well-intentioned people advising you not to LB...

I hope it all works out with the minimal pain for your little ones at this point.

ba

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
L
L
I agree with the others.

My hope was that you would get an IMMEDIATE appointment with Steve so that he could have laid out the requirements of recovery. Was he not available?

Your WH just got to come home.

Obviously you can't work on a marriage while you are continuing an affair. So send that message to all of them -- OW, WH, and OWH. Expose the ongoing contact. Send an Email to OW and OWH exposing her phony concern. State that you will not try to work on the marriage until all contact between OW and WH has ended for LIFE.

Do you have an attorney lined up who can assist you with legally forcing him out? And protecting you financially?

Absolutely pack his things and change the locks while he is out tomorrow. Is your MIL supportive of you?

S
S
Thats what I was hoping for too, Lexxxy. I thought she would get an IMMEDIATE appointment with steve also.....I am sooo sorry NP...You have a lot of good people helping you here, hang in there for you little ones...one and one to come.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks everyone. You all were right - you gave great advice and I was so desperate to believe differently, that he could come home and we could work it out, that I didn't take it. What a mistake!

I tried to call Steve to set up an appointment but they didn't call me back until Friday afternoon - at which point the earliest appointment I was able to make was Monday morning around noon. I told WH about this appointment and he seemed willing to keep it with me, which at the time I thought was encouraging.

When he got up this morning, he acted like nothing had happened at all, and went back to being "normal." I didn't say anything, even though it was hurting me. We went to church, out for ice cream, and now he's outside doing yard work. He hasn't touched his phone all day. Before he went outside I finally asked what was going on in his head and right away, the alien appeared, and said that the argument we had last night was a big deal and that after tha the wasn't sure he was willing to work on the marriage anymore. He wouldn't even commit to not talking to OW anymore.

So we left it at that. Fortunately he never unpacked any of the stuff I packed up last week for him so while he's out tomorrow I can set it outside and put a new Plan B letter on it.

It looks like it will be just me keeping the appointment tomorrow with Steve.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
R
R
I am thinking perhaps you should hold off on the relaunch of B until after he possibly talks to Steve.

It would be good if he is willing to talk with him.

Steve will get a better idea of what you are dealing with here and how to proceed and then you will get additional direction as you quite likely go to B.

Remember to be in firm but not lovebusting mode as you do this.

It might be that your wayward will not talk to Steve but the appointment is tomorrow and once you go dark B....that oppurtunity is gone unless your wayward gets it together.

Am I silly here folks? What do others think?

B
B
PLEASE dont give up on us people... I just posted this on my thread as well, but I the post where someone said vets had stopped posting here on NPs thread because they were giving advice and it wasnt being taken.

Please dont let NP, or even me, not taking your guys advice make you not want to give it.

If you have good advice, and you feel we need to hear it, dont DJ us by saying "they arent going to listen anyway." If you want to post something, post.

Obviously, you dont have to post. This forum isnt married to us newbs and hasnt made any formal commitment to us. You arent obligated to post. Just... please dont let the idea that "they wont listen anyway" stop you from posting.

It may feel like yelling at a wall, but the walls have ears, and sometimes, they just need the right words to open those ears. Please dong give up on us

Last edited by BTinTrouble; 05/23/10 06:33 PM.

Lifelong recovery never ends.

K
K
I'll put it this way...if you have a friend who is complaining about something and you give advice that you KNOW will work...and they don't take it, and keep complaining...

Aren't you going to avoid that friend?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
R
R
Originally Posted by karmasrose
I'll put it this way...if you have a friend who is complaining about something and you give advice that you KNOW will work...and they don't take it, and keep complaining...

Heck no, not when she's pregnant and vulnerable.

Just as her WH has an "A addiction", she's got a little addiction of her own exacerbated by pregnancy hormones.

We've got to understand that her biology is part of the drive. Her body is ramping up to bond with a new baby within his family unit. Let's call it "new mommy fog".

Of course she wants her husband home and is hoping for the best. (What BW here at MB doesn't want that?) But heck, she's also very vulnerable and needs protecting. Unfortunately, her heart and mind is turning toward the father of her unborn baby and child, rightfully so. NP reaches for the man who should be a bulwark of protection, security and love at this time.

Here refuses to be that. That is one of the most difficult things for a pregnant mom or new mom to accept in her mind. It defies reason that a man can treat the mother of his own children this way.

NP needs to know someone is there for her, even if she isn't doing things perfectly.

Trust me, even if her WH comes out of the fog tomorrow and becomes the perfect spouse, NP will have extra struggles with the fact that he treated her this way during her pregnancy. It makes it harder to overcome.

Let's stay with NP and keep supporting her. Hopefully, her MB appt tomorrow will give her some guidance and strength to protect herself from her WH's madness.

Live, love, and laugh because the best is yet to come!
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by RareMamaJewel
Originally Posted by karmasrose

Heck no, not when she's pregnant and vulnerable.

Just as her WH has an "A addiction", she's got a little addiction of her own exacerbated by pregnancy hormones.

We've got to understand that her biology is part of the drive. Her body is ramping up to bond with a new baby within his family unit. Let's call it "new mommy fog".

Of course she wants her husband home and is hoping for the best. (What BW here at MB doesn't want that?) But heck, she's also very vulnerable and needs protecting. Unfortunately, her heart and mind is turning toward the father of her unborn baby and child, rightfully so. NP reaches for the man who should be a bulwark of protection, security and love at this time.

Here refuses to be that. That is one of the most difficult things for a pregnant mom or new mom to accept in her mind. It defies reason that a man can treat the mother of his own children this way.

NP needs to know someone is there for her, even if she isn't doing things perfectly.

Trust me, even if her WH comes out of the fog tomorrow and becomes the perfect spouse, NP will have extra struggles with the fact that he treated her this way during her pregnancy. It makes it harder to overcome.

Let's stay with NP and keep supporting her. Hopefully, her MB appt tomorrow will give her some guidance and strength to protect herself from her WH's madness.

THANK YOU, RMJ!! And thank you to those who kept posting, even if you thought I was wrong. I realize that good advice IS being given on here, and like BT said, please, don't stop posting just because you feel your advice won't be taken. I know that many of you have benefited from MB, and I think that's wonderful, and I AM doing my best to follow it as well.

I am hoping WH keeps his appointment with Steve and I tomorrow. Perhaps Steve can help us more than we've been helped before. I do have a lot of faith in MB.

For those of you who said it would be a trainwreck and that it was sickening to watch - I am trying to firm up here. We all know that's hard. And I am doing my best to get to be at that point. As I said, he came home, said he wanted to work on the marriage and I just was very desperate to believe him.

Hopefully we will get somewhere with Steve tomorrow, even if it means Plan B.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
NP, There are alot of us here who will not give up one you, so please keep posting and we will help you as best we can. I completely understand how hard it is when your whole world as you know it has fallen apart and I agree with RMJ....your hormones are not helping you right now, but there is nothing you can do about that...

At this point AD's are sometimes recommended so the BS can be a little less devastated and can think more clearly...but you cannot do that, so you need our support and compassion...and I will be here. I am praying for you sweetie...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
NP, There are alot of us here who will not give up one you, so please keep posting and we will help you as best we can. I completely understand how hard it is when your whole world as you know it has fallen apart and I agree with RMJ....your hormones are not helping you right now, but there is nothing you can do about that...

At this point AD's are sometimes recommended so the BS can be a little less devastated and can think more clearly...but you cannot do that, so you need our support and compassion...and I will be here. I am praying for you sweetie...

I'm not going anywhere, either, NP. If you're walking and you suddenly stop, that'll be me bumping into your back. smile

Okay, look. Your WH came home - great thing! smile He relapsed - not great. frown It would be great if it were simple, and he suddenly woke up and said "Okay, that's it - I'm all done with OW and I'm ready to get back to the marriage." But you know that's not how it works. You know about withdrawal. Look at that as a good thing - you knew on a level that this could happen, so it didn't come as a complete surprise, right? There are people out there who don't have MB and are witnessing withdrawal without knowing what it is or what to do about it! How sad is that? Your WH came home because he knew it was the right thing to do. The problem is that home = reality, and all that feel-good fantasy stuff was gone. That's what he was trying to get back by contacting OW.

So let's go from here. Talk to Steve, see if you can get WH on board to talk to him as well. This isn't going to be without some bumps in the road, so it's good that you'll be talking to Steve to get extra help.

This is going to work, NP. Hey, have you talked to OWH to let him know about the resumed contact?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
Yup, we're here for you, even if I can't post much myself. Keep strong, NP!!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!

S
S
Okay NP, you lived through the second worse nightmare of your life and LOOK, YOU SURVIVED. You can still salvage this.

While it can be frustrating to post to people who just seem to not follow the advice given, I understand how it is frustrating to have conflicting advice and not know which to follow. Even more interesting is when people come on and post to you AFTER you do something and tell you that you shouldn't have done that. It's hard to know. As long as you aren't argumentative and completely unwilling to follow the advice given, I will still post when I have something to say(just TRY to shut ME up grin )

Now, back to NP plan. Talk to Steve today and figure out where you are going to go from here. We will sit back and wait for you to tell us where you need a little push. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
NP,

I did try to counsel you when WH came back...
Originally Posted by beginagain
NP,

We all hope that your M works out, especially for the little ones. Please, please, make sure he isn't playing you. I thought I read on your thread that someone was concerned about a FR until after the little one is born. I really think his motives are suspect, especially after he spent the night with OW.

I hope you know that you are strong, a good person and don't deserve this. Think really really hard at your next steps.

It is a good idea to call the Harleys, yourself only for now! Don't let him in the house, tell him to stay elsewhere that you need your space and have to have time to "figure things out".

Do it for yourself and your kids.

Hugs! (PS, your WH=non-stop drama, is this the way you want to live?)

BA

If I thought you were a lost cause, I wouldn't post at all...

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
N
OP Offline
N
I am so glad for the support on here, so thank you for not giving up on me! smile

WH was back to his non-alien self last night. He was affectionate and tried spend time with me and made sure he answered his phone every time I called him while he was out. I don't THINK he contacted OW yesterday - he left his phone upstairs all day - we were apart a couple hours though, so who knows. I just don't know what to make of it - waiting until we talk to Steve.

We have our appointment in about an hour. We each completed the questionnaires, and after that, WH and I sat down and read the Basic Concepts together (I wanted to make sure he actually read them lol). He was pretty impressed and said it sounded amazing. He saved it to his Favourites in his Internet. So, I thought that was encouraging ... hopefully we get some good guidance from Steve.

Will keep you all updated!

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
I know that you will get great guidance with Steve, I am sure of that...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
I am so glad for the support on here, so thank you for not giving up on me! smile

WH was back to his non-alien self last night. He was affectionate and tried spend time with me and made sure he answered his phone every time I called him while he was out. I don't THINK he contacted OW yesterday - he left his phone upstairs all day - we were apart a couple hours though, so who knows. I just don't know what to make of it - waiting until we talk to Steve.

We have our appointment in about an hour. We each completed the questionnaires, and after that, WH and I sat down and read the Basic Concepts together (I wanted to make sure he actually read them lol). He was pretty impressed and said it sounded amazing. He saved it to his Favourites in his Internet. So, I thought that was encouraging ... hopefully we get some good guidance from Steve.

Going forward, consider switching phones with him at random times. And remember that that pesky alien may rear his ugly, infidelity-laden head again. Expect it so you're not blind-sided. But I want a pepperoni and anchovy pizza for making the right call on this one, because I'm telling you this is going to work out. grin

Let us know what happens with Steve!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

V
V
Originally Posted by NewPetals

NP -

As I'm sure you are realizing, infidelity has a way of changing everything. It changes everything that was, and changes everything that will be. One significant way I've noticed these changes is the complete loss of naivete, trust, security, faith in others... You are jaded. (This is only my experience, and BH's, so I'm not sure what others here have to say on that.)

You don't sound this way yet, and I would love if you could avoid it. I worry, though, that that will result in you being led to the slaughter, so to speak.

You still sound so hopeful, and I - as well as everyone else, given their posts - can understand why you would be. However. (There is always one of those, isn't there?!) Please, please guard yourself. If WH seemed duly impressed w/ MB and it turns into a sincere recovery, that is GREAT. Here's the however: it is far too easy for him to manipulate you/cave to the addiction of the A and play this game, as he has proven.

It will take incredibly looooong-term actions - including remorse, just compensation, EPs, and no anger or blaming you WHATSOEVER - before you can start to believe in the recovery. Until then, it could be more smoke and mirrors.

Don't be naive and let your hope and faith lull you into any more FR's. Keep your boundaries strong and your requirements tight for return.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
S
S
I like the idea of switching phones, good one Maritalbliss....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation