Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 66 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 65 66
N
OP Offline
N
I see what you're saying, Still. Because yes, WH said when Steve told him that he felt a "huge responsibility" lift off his shoulders. Maybe Steve was trying to tell him that it's HIS responsibility to create an environment where I love him too? I don't know. I need to clarify this with Steve. I was disappointed with his attitude change, for sure.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
S
S
Yes, definitly talk to Steve about that....I am positive there was a reason for it and he sees the bigger Plan maybe better than we can.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
I see what you're saying, Still. Because yes, WH said when Steve told him that he felt a "huge responsibility" lift off his shoulders. Maybe Steve was trying to tell him that it's HIS responsibility to create an environment where I love him too? I don't know. I need to clarify this with Steve. I was disappointed with his attitude change, for sure.

It sounds possible that your husband felt the wrong responsibility lift off of his shoulders.

It would be good for your husband to not feel a responsibility to try to make himself feel in love with you. It may be that Steve was trying to explain that to him.

And it may be that that is the responsibility your husband was talking about.

Or it may be that he doesn't understand the distinction between a responsibility to make himself feel in love with you (which isn't his responsibility) and a responsibility to make you able to be in love with him (which is his responsibility).

I agree it seems odd for Steve to say anything at this point to lessen your husband's sense of responsibility.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
C
C
{{{{{{{{{NP}}}}}}}}}}

I'm very worried about you and little bean.... Keep working with Steve, and as someone else said, write down all that you need to talk to Steve about. Make sure he's aware of all this...

Something feels off, sadly... maybe it's your H's way of dealing, but I dunno... I'm gonna keep up with you as much as possible.

HUGS!

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks everyone....I'm just so confused right now!

I'll talk about this with Steve and let you all know what happens. I agree something feels way off to me too...

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
I have a feeling that Steve would tell me pretty much the same thing in my situation - That your WH recognizes the need to repair the wounds he has done. That all you can do is sit tight until you get your WH to the point of actually repairing it. So hang in there while he is going through his withdrawal stage. Didn't the book say it will take at least 2 or 3 months while they go through withdrawal? Maybe that's what Steve was telling you to do.
Anyways I am still following your thread. Hopefully Steve can clarify some things for you.

S
S
Okay, you definitely need to talk to Steve and you need to explain it all fully. Tell him what you are worried about happening.

To me the way that your WH is acting about the not touching you and not sleeping close to you seems like his promises to OW. Maybe he said, "I will NOT be having SF with her. I will NOT touch her. I will just do what I NEED to to get to delivery." I dunno, I am just throwing it out there. Because, as crazy as it sounds, WHs don't want to "cheat" on OW. puke

Hang in there.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Your WH is still in C, I would bet my last dollar.

My advice to you would be to spell out very plainly to Steve that you are about to have a child, and MUST protect yourself and this child from all the turmoil that WH's continued C and fence-sitting is causing.

In your condition, you are in no condition to do the heavy lifting of R, even if that was what you were supposed to do, which it is not!

Either WH needs to write the letter, stick to it, and begin truly working at R, or you need to Plan B his hiney so fast his head spins. And by Plan B, I mean pitch black with the bar set very, very high.

Unlike many BS's who would be able to bide their time and let things unfold in their natural course, you're coming up against a brick wall. You DO NOT need to be in this kind of muddle while trying to give birth.

WH gets on board 100% or you go on a cruise without him. Sure, you'll circle back by the dock in a month or two and see if he's still standing on it... wink

My .02

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
OP Offline
N
WH is talking to Steve right now, and then I will talk to him and raise all my concerns.

I think WH's actions are the reason for the rage I've been feeling recently. I told him last night that I felt we were right back to the beginning where he was not committed, and it was a place I didn't want to be and wasn't willing to be, and I thought my letter had made that clear before he came home. THEN he started saying how yes, he wants to recover the marriage, he's just not in love with me right now and not willing to start investing emotionally in our marriage until he "sees changes in me."

If I wasn't pregnant and unable to lift things I would have bodily hauled his @$$ out the door.

Ugh. Anyway, I'm going to be talking to Steve soon so I will keep you all updated on what Steve says.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
K, NewPetals....You are doin good...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

V
V
Originally Posted by NewPetals
THEN he started saying how yes, he wants to recover the marriage, he's just not in love with me right now and not willing to start investing emotionally in our marriage until he "sees changes in me."

If I wasn't pregnant and unable to lift things I would have bodily hauled his @$$ out the door.

NP, he says THIS to you?? I want to haul his butt out the door.

I agree with Neak. Certainly see what Steve says, but as it stands now, I would hit him with a mercilessly swift Plan B that is impenetrably dark. Enough is enough.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
I agree with Neak. Certainly see what Steve says, but as it stands now, I would hit him with a mercilessly swift Plan B that is impenetrably dark. Enough is enough.

Unless Steve sees something supremely different, this is what I'm thinking. WH doesn't deserve any of the effort I am putting into this relationship. I agree - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! rant2

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

M
M
Originally Posted by Neak
My advice to you would be to spell out very plainly to Steve that you are about to have a child, and MUST protect yourself and this child from all the turmoil that WH's continued C and fence-sitting is causing.

In your condition, you are in no condition to do the heavy lifting of R, even if that was what you were supposed to do, which it is not!

If you aren't going to listen to me NP please listen to Neak. She said pretty much exactly what I have been saying to you for a while. WH is either 'all-in' right now or you need to Plan B his sorry @ss!!

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by mindshare

If you aren't going to listen to me NP please listen to Neak. She said pretty much exactly what I have been saying to you for a while. WH is either 'all-in' right now or you need to Plan B his sorry @ss!!

Listening to you both, mindshare! I am NOT WILLING to put up with his fence sitting/cake eating any longer!

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

B
B
Soo glad to see you stand up for yourself and your little ones! Hang in there.

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
M
M
Originally Posted by beginagain
Soo glad to see you stand up for yourself and your little ones! Hang in there.

I agree, NP. I think it's time for some tough love/consequences. hug

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
For the record, I also believe that Neak is correct about contact as well. I know withdrawal can explain WH's distance but this doesn't 'feel' like it is due to withdrawal to me.

S
S

She is listening to everyone!!! But most of all she is going by what STEVE HARLEY has been telling her....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

N
OP Offline
N
For the record, I also believe that Neak is correct about contact as well. I know withdrawal can explain WH's distance but this doesn't 'feel' like it is due to withdrawal to me.

Still waiting for Steve....he's really talking up a doozy to WH right now.....

I agree about the C. I haven't found solid proof but I have a feeling he is still talking to her. What really bothers me is this - I had asked to see phone records, emails, etc, and HE SAYS, "I can give you all that, but what's to say I don't just go make another email address or get a new phone?" redflag redflag redflag WHY are watyurds so sly? He never used to be like this!

$LB taking dives by the day.....

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
The manual, the manual, wayturds go by the manual!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 31 of 66 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation