Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
R
I am hoping they will miss each other a ton during the separation and recommit to creating a vibrant marriage with each other.

A separation does not a divorce make.

R
R
Surely SOMEBODY they know will suggest MB to them?
I want to see at least ONE of them fight for it.
Hate to see a 40-year M go out with a whimper.

Me BS 61
Him FWS 63
Married 40 years
D-Day 6/30/06
Still can't believe it.
6/08 Recovering nicely. Anything is possible!
C
C
Originally Posted by NewPetals
I don't know - my in-laws just separated after 42 yrs of marriage, and let me tell, there was NO affair going on! MIL is totally focused on her dog and FIL never leaves his cigarettes or couch or baseball games on tv to connect with ANYONE lol.

The girl who works for me just told me that her grandparents just got D'd after 50 years. Said they just couldn't stand each other .... dontknow

Last edited by ChaiLover; 06/02/10 06:56 PM.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
M
M
Originally Posted by rightherewaiting

Dr. Harley made a comment today about things he's told politicians he's counseled with. You really wonder what high-profile people have come to him.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
R
R
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by rightherewaiting

Dr. Harley made a comment today about things he's told politicians he's counseled with. You really wonder what high-profile people have come to him.

I imagine there've been some, although I can't think of any "high profile" couples who've stayed together after news of an A in their marriage became public, so maybe they were just too far gone, or unwilling to do the work.

OK, Bill and Hill are still together, but I think the dynamics of their M have always been unusual, to say the least...

Me BS 61
Him FWS 63
Married 40 years
D-Day 6/30/06
Still can't believe it.
6/08 Recovering nicely. Anything is possible!
C
C
I hated hearing about this...

Gah!

S
S
You would think that after 40 years something would remain worth fighting for.

Then you might think that after 40 years, the fighting must come to an end.

One or the other....

They chose the latter.

Somehow, though, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Methinks there's an affair in the mix.

We will all find out - - - - - - when the book comes out.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
M
M
I too think there's an affair, and like Fred, I think it's Tipper who cheated. Like Fred said, if Al had cheated, we'd all know about it by now. But he won't want to broadcast to the world that his wife is leaving him for another man, and she won't want it coming out either, of course.

On the other hand, it's certainly possible that they've drifted apart after years of his business traveling and campaigning, and she's finally had enough. But odds are strong that an affair has precipitated the separation, either hers or his-and women tend to be reluctant to leave an established relationship unless someone else is waiting for them...

The Macnut-42, W - 45 3 stepkids,
SDD - 27, SDS1 - 22, SDS2 - 18
K
K
My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with being an FWW.

I do not believe there has been an affair involved. I sincerely believe that this separation has NOTHING to do with an A.

K
K
We have been married for almost 36 years. We learned to cherish our marriage. Most people don't learn this. Do you really think we are the same people we were at just turned 20 (me) and 25 (my H). Our MC told us that ALL marriages need to be nurtured and people just don't do it. Our lack of nurturing led to my A. It could have led to us living parallel lives without connecting.

We have learned to laugh together, to spend time together, to have each others backs. It's us against the world and that is how it should be. If you can't do this you have no business being married.

Unless you have been married for a very,very long time you really have no business commenting on this.

It makes me very sad that this couple thought their only recourse was to divorce.

It may 2rn out 2 be nothing more than the narcissistic pursuit of happiness.

Whereas: "Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you have."

Most people don't really understand that, though.

-ol' 2long

M
M
Al Gore Cheats with Larry David's Ex

Al Gore's split from wife Tipper after 40 years of marriage was a shock to everyone who thought theirs was the ideal marriage. Now Star can exclusively reveal that the former Vice President was having an affair with Larry David's ex-wife � for the past two years!

LINK

S
S
Most of us knew that something like this was coming.

I can't read that report! "This content is not available in your part of the world".

I don't need to read it, really.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Al Gore Cheats with Larry David's Ex

Al Gore's split from wife Tipper after 40 years of marriage was a shock to everyone who thought theirs was the ideal marriage. Now Star can exclusively reveal that the former Vice President was having an affair with Larry David's ex-wife � for the past two years!

LINK

I don't think there's one person on MB who is surprised. Way to go Al...

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
F
F

In the June 28 issue of Star, on sale Wednesday, we report that Al and Tipper's breakup didn't come as much of a surprise to one Hollywood player � Laurie David. Star has learned that Al has been having an affair with Laurie, who divorced Seinfeld creator and Curb Your Enthusiasm star Larry David in 2007 amidst reports she was cheating with the caretaker of their Martha's Vineyard summer home.

�Al and Laurie went from friends to lovers," an insider tells Star. "It couldn�t be avoided."

Pick up the new issue of Star tomorrow for our complete story of how the pair, who have been fighting for the environment for years and worked together on Al's 2006 Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth, fell hard for one another � and if Tipper had any clue.

here

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
N
N
WHAT??????? HIS MARRIAGE FELL APART BECAUSE OF AN A???

jk! lol As if no one saw THAT one coming!!! sigh

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
F
F
�Al and Laurie went from friends to lovers," an insider tells Star. "It couldn�t be avoided."
puke If after 40 years of M they didn't have EP's and boundaries in place I wonder what their M was really like. skeptical

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
H
H
Guess "inventing the internet" wasn't enough to keep Al Gore busy.

At least Larry David has a personality. Al Gore is snooorrreeee so boring.

Poor Tipper. After losing a child and being married 40 years another A kills a family.

It is really an epidemic.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
I saw Larry David on some show, I think that marriage ref one...and He seemed like a marriage hater or a woman hater, Now I know what he was so bitter about....See its the man its always the man!!!!! (JUST KIDDING)!!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA

Listen, you heartless people: �Al and Laurie went from friends to lovers," an insider tells Star. "It couldn�t be avoided."

It just happened to them!! sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation