Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 66 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 65 66
R
R
NP, try journalling your feelings instead of expressing them directly to WH at this time. You are early in R? so any LB will make him shut down and want to run.

Unfortunately, you are competing with a fantasy. Until he recognizes his A as fantasy and sees the OMW for the piece of destruction she is, LB's will be double withdrawals from the love bank.

I'm sure SH will offer wise counsel when you speak to him. But at some point soon, your WH needs to turn toward you and begin to help you heal. Lack of empathy by the WS will drain the BS love bank real quick.

Live, love, and laugh because the best is yet to come!
P
P
If it's within your power -- don't bring anything into your home that OW has touched (or breathed on). There is NOTHING that your (F?)WH needs to have that badly. Anything that's already there can be destroyed together. The triggers just aren't worth it.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
I am sure that her WH is the exception to this rule right PM. wink

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Scotland
I am sure that her WH is the exception to this rule right PM. wink

rotflmao Sometimes I wonder, Scotty...... Oh well, I guess technically she's breathed her foulness all over my alien WH, not my loving husband...... smile

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
S
S
I guess you'd be right on that one. And you are trying to get rid of WH so you can have your DH back. Just wanted to bust PMs chops. It's what I do. HEHEHEHEHEHE

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Re: book. Ok, why didn't I think of that?!? I change my response - NO BOOK FOR WH! I'm so glad there are others who are wiser than me. wink

B
B
Originally Posted by NewPetals
imo - nope. I don't want a single thing from whatever trash she has to give back to him.

My stance on this is - I will NOT contact OW H and IF he contacts me, I'll talk to WH and see what to do first.

Stupid wayturds. I hope OW gets a full dose of karma.

Ok. warming up the Karma bus in Detroit. Which direction should I head? whistle

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
N
OP Offline
N
Up to Canada .... hopefully they let the karma bus across the border... wink

We did the exercise steve assigned us last night, where he told me EVERYTHING about the affair - not feelings, but just the facts.

It was worse than I thought. There were a lot of details I didn't know. He even took DD to the Zoo with her one time! It makes me sick. Steve said not to talk about emotions but it was so hard - what was he thinking through all this? Worst, he had feelings for her before our wedding and started the affair within c ouple weeks of us returning from our honeymoon. She was in my house for 48 hours....they "made love," as he put it ( puke) in many different places. And so many other details.....

Ugh. Strangely though, knowing what happened makes it hurt less. Perhaps it is shock, but it all feels like something that happened to someone else.....

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

S
S
Sorry NP, but this is just one more step towards your recovery...you are headed in a good direction. I dont know if even today I could handle the "details".....Be prepared for it hitting you harder later on, you may be in shock right now, like you said....

{{{{{NewPetals}}}}} we are here for you if that happens....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
F
F
(((NP))) It may comes as extreme anger once the shock wears off. Be prepared.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
S
((((NP)))) Oh NP, I hope you can focus on your l'il bean and DD. Oh how sad. I am angry for you. [Linked Image from easyfreesmileys.com]

AHHHHH that feels better. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by faithful follower
(((NP))) It may comes as extreme anger once the shock wears off. Be prepared.

And journal the anger.
It's a great release mechanism, as mentioned to you earlier.

S
S
Silver lining here- he's doing Steves homework...I know it hurts no it kills but at least you are following a plan. Thinking about you and Lil bean...

C
C
Wow, NP, you are a much stronger woman than me. I have not asked for details - I just am not that strong. Even with H sitting next to me asking me what I'm writing I just can't bring myself to ask. H told me to be a stronger woman now! wink
I totally believe that H doing the work is really a good step. I think you're on your way!

N
OP Offline
N
WH is still acting pretty despairing and hopeless about our marriage. I am PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING this is withdrawal. Had a talk with Steve today about how my actions affect his incentive to work on the marriage - and I know I was particularly awful this weekend to WH.

All the while, the shock is wearing off about the details and I am in turn angry, sickened, and so very hurt. I had a huge crying session in the bathroom earlier. Driving home just now I was furious and felt like throwing up.

Went out for dinner with some friends and when I got back home, WH and DD were out. He had said he was taking her to a movie, so I know that's probably where they are, but at the same time, my mind is working overtime wondering if OW is with them. I am going to ask DD when they get home.

It was HARD hearing the details. I keep running them over and over in my mind.

I hate OW so much. I know it takes two to tango - but, I just hate her.

DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09

K
K
You're allowed to hate her, so don't feel bad.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
N
When I read what your WH said the other day, my first thought was to wonder if there had been contact, too. Since you checked and there didn't seem to be, he was probably triggered by a combination of the weekend LB's and something besides contact that made him think of her quite a bit. It could have been almost anything, maybe even just a memory.

Continue to find healthy ways to vent your anger. Meet his needs the best you are able, even while your feelings rebel against him getting anything besides a skillet up the side of the head.

For now, don't worry too much. Keep checking for contact, and watch WH to see if he begins getting better over the next couple months. If a month or two down the line he's still saying and doing things like the other day, look very hard for contact because you're almost certain to find it.

For now, keep moving forward, one minute at a time.

Hugs!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Went out for dinner with some friends and when I got back home, WH and DD were out. He had said he was taking her to a movie, so I know that's probably where they are, but at the same time, my mind is working overtime wondering if OW is with them. I am going to ask DD when they get home.

So, you think that there is a chance that he is still involved in the affair....amidst the counseling with the Harleys?

Well, maybe both of you shouldn't be doing social things without the other. Your going to dinner with friends and leaving him alone might be a bad idea....maybe you should have nixed the friends and gone to dinner with HIM instead...and then to the movies as a family.

The time you spent with friends at dinner is time you could have spent with him. So many peoples say they have a hard time reaching the 15 hours of UA...all the while they have plenty of time to do things with others.

While trying to attain recovery your focus should be on HIM...and time should be spent with him....not dinner with friends.

Again...just my opinion.

committed

P. S. Don't use your little girl to keep you informed about what Daddy is doing.

M
M
Originally Posted by NewPetals
I suggested this too. I don't want that book back. But WH said it has a lot of sentimental value becuase he's had it so many years and lent it to so many people....I think he lent it to me way back when as well.....sigh.....

I think OWH should keep all that crap, including the book. I got stuff from my OWH and it did nothing positive for me. To hell with sentimental value. Buy him a new copy and inscribe it as a gift for your "new life together" or something like that. Let him develop sentiment over that copy.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Up to Canada .... hopefully they let the karma bus across the border...

[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]

I'll just put the pedal to the metal when I get to the border guards...

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 42 of 66 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation