Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
T
T&L, apparently you are required to deduct a year of marriage for every anti-Obama link posted on FaceBook.
Using this formula, you are no longer married.
Please, refrain from making future comments on this matter.
rotflmao

Well, doggone! Who's gonna tell my kids they've been delegitimized? faint

As far as the sad poster who is grieved and disturbed by our conversation and wants it shut down...well, maybe someday I will agree with something he says somewhere. Apparently, however, today isn't the day. The day he denigrated my daughter wasn't it, either. MrRollieEyes

tl

P
P
@2Long
FWIW
I completely agree!
hurray

@T&L
You are NOT allowed to comment, because you are no longer married.
stickout
In order to reclaim your marriage status, and posting privileges for this thread, you must post a minimum 80 liberal agenda links on FB.

T
T
Sorry,Pep, the price is too high!

tl

P
P
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Sorry,Pep, the price is too high!

tl

I just sent you a tasteless joke via email.
Really bad.

And, an invitation to come over for a play date.

C
C
Well, I knew there was more to the story. I thought it was Tipper though....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
K
K
A little disappointed in the lack of maturity and snideness of many of the remarks made here, obviously at my expense, but certainly not surprised by them. Some of it has been at the level of 10 year old children.

I was wrong about this. So shoot me. I thought that maybe this was one of the times that an A wasn't involved. Yes, deep down I thought there probably was an A but I sort of hoped that maybe this one time there wasn't.

I also stand by my comment that, unless you've been married a very long time, you can't understand what it's like to be married a very long time. My mother is 81. I don't pretend to know what it's like to be an 81 year old woman and I wouldn't tell her that I did.

I also get the digs about my liberal views. FWIW I have many friends who are staunch right wingers, both here and in the US. They are my friends, whatever their political views. My SIL and I fight every election time but I love the boy to death.

T
T
As do conservatives here on MB get "digs"--sometimes gouges--from liberals. MB has no one-way streets in Political Town. I myself have several scars to prove that I've entered into more than one fray on this very site.

What I have enjoyed this time around, was a lack of conservatives getting blamed for the story, and Republicans (Karl Rove) in particular showing "his fingerprints all over the story," in the way it was done with John Edwards...when, oddly enough, it was John Edwards fingerprints that were all over everything. And not just his fingerprints, either. I do think, regardless of your opinion on the maturity of the posters' mentalities here, that this conversation was several levels above the one we (the generic we--if you and I said anything specific to each other about it, I have no memory of that) had about John Edwards, his mistress, and their daughter.

Whatever. People who live in the public eye fail in the public eye. Kinda hard to change that, no matter which political side you're on...and kinda unlikely that political opponents can ever be expected to be unfailingly sympathetic to your plight. I'm so glad to not be famous.

tl

B
B
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
A little disappointed in the lack of maturity and snideness of many of the remarks made here, obviously at my expense, but certainly not surprised by them. Some of it has been at the level of 10 year old children.

ohhhhhh If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what it is!

Not surprised by Al or Tipper. I also thought it may have been her.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
K
K
I agree wholeheartedly that people in the public eye need to be above reproach. Sadly, it seems to go with the territory. People always say that "their private life is private". No it isn't. I want accountability from the people who represent me. I was very proud of a friend of mine who went to a function where the woman who had an affairage with one of our prominent politicians was speaking. I was proud because when everyone gave her a standing ovation after her speech my friend refused to stand.

I still don't quite understand why I have been singled out for snideness and sarcasm on this thread. I'm sure the people I'm talking about will come on and say I'm paranoid or think it's all about me. I'm not stupid - I know when I'm being got at. All bullies say that the person "didn't get the joke" or "thought it was always about them".

I don't think the people who have posted their nastiness will even feel slightly abashed or ashamed that they've gone out of their way to hurt someone else. Justification (for whatever reason and I have no idea what that reason is) and knowing they are "always right" will make sure of that.

K
K
BigK if you are referring to the defriending of people from my Facebook page then I think I need to say that I can have whoever I want as my friends on FB. The people I have now as friends are real friends, people who care for me and Rob and our family and don't have their own agendas. Anyone who is a champion of our marriage is welcome to be a friend.

B
B
I still don't quite understand why I have been singled out for snideness and sarcasm on this thread. I'm sure the people I'm talking about will come on and say I'm paranoid or think it's all about me. I'm not stupid - I know when I'm being got at. All bullies say that the person "didn't get the joke" or "thought it was always about them".

Here's a clue bat for free. You were "singled out" and paid back in kind for your snideness and sarcasm on this thread by the people you were snide and sarcastic too. I'm sure however this is beyond your powers of comprehension.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
BigK if you are referring

I am referring to your snide comments on this thread. No more, no less.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
K
K
Gee thanks. Did you need to add "beyond your powers of comprehension". I said that I didn't think there had been an A. I was wrong. I said that unless you have been married for a very long time you really had no business commenting on a very long marriage. I stand by that. I was married just after my 20th birthday. I'm now 56. I have the experience of a very long marriage. Is is sarcastic to suggest that a 10 year marriage or less doesn't cover the ups and downs of 36 years? We have faced and dealt with more than just my A.

Are you a champion (yes, that's HR speak for supporter) of our marriage? My friends and family are.

B
B
See some people don't get it and don't get that they don't get it.

And yes, I have always been a supporter of your marriage.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
And I am well versed in HR speak so let's add patronizing to your list on this thread ok?

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
K
K
Thank you. That's all I ask of anyone. Ok what don't I get? I don't question that a shorter term marriage can be just as happy or that a lot of work hasn't gone into making it so. I find it hard to explain the changes in us as we've got older, as we look to retirement in the very near future, as we face grandparenthood, as we've dealt with the loss of our parents, as we still worry about our grown kids, not DD, but DS still worries us. Those things just don't happen in short marriages.

P
P
I'm a very long time lurker and don't post much at all as you can see by my thread count and registration date, but Jen, you've always been my poster girl for an FWW if ever I've seen one (except maybe for Mrs W). But I had to chime in to say that I just don't get the nastiness that seems to be permeating this thread toward you now.

I don't know what you've done that's anti MB that has so many seemingly turning against you. Maybe I'm missing something but your affair with the old boyfriend finished years ago, even though you had a relapse and fessed up here and Rob was informed by a member of MB but that too was a few years ago now and anything I've read of yours since then has been totally "non-foggy" and all I see is happiness and joy with your marriage - what a lucky lady you are.

I don't understand why now the anger and nastiness toward you.

J
J
Originally Posted by prettypearl
I don't understand why now the anger and nastiness toward you.

Me neither.

I'm also surprised that staunch MBers think it's funny that a 40-year marriage has been destroyed by infidelity. Nooo

The things that are allowed vs the things that aren't, amaze me. crazy

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
B
B
I don't believe anyone thinks it's funny.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
J
J
Well, there are ppl who are in the fight of their lives here on SAA, trying to save their M's from infidelity, and this thread has turned into laughing at people in a similar situation.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation