Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
N
I TOTALLY 100% AGREE. hth, he is being abusive. You are letting him be.

SET YOUR BOUNDARIES like ML suggested. Exactly as she suggested. There's being upset because you were betrayed by your spouse...and then there's his actions. Two different playing fields.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
M
M
hth, don't choose to be a weak woman. The longer you CHOOSE weakness the more messages you send to yourself that you CAN'T COUNT ON YOURSELF. You weaken yourself by CHOOSING to be weak.

You cannot blame your husband for being a bully if you volunteer to be bullied.

Strength is a choice. All of us who stand up for ourselves are AFRAID. The only difference between those who act and those who don't act is a choice to ACT. You make the choice.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
If he doesn't agree, then ask him to get the hell out.

And follow through!

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
H
OP Offline
H
"It's up to you. I married you for life, but if you want a divorce, it's your call. If you want to be in a love relationship with me, however, you're going to have to treat me much better than you have been treating me. You must never again bring up my affair, and if you are upset with me, you will have to treat me with respect until we can solve the problem. If you are upset with our sexual relationship, I want us to discuss it as adults and solve it with mutual respect. I refuse to be treated like this, especially by the man I love."

He will say, "did you love me when you did all that for another man? You haven't done what I need you to do for me to forgive you. I need what I need and it's not up to you to say when I forgive or how I do it. You don't do anything you say you will, you havent' done the ATMs I need or the SF all the time that I require. You haven't lost weight, you keep the house crappy (not true, btw)...etc"

Obviously I need to work more on myself, I'm a work in progress, but I just have sat here and felt so sick to my stomach all day....what will he do while I am gone? Should I call him this weekend? WHy should I be punished for this???? What husband constantly punishes his wife?

I am not happy to be around- always looking for his snide comments, his mean self, when will he break the next thing or fly off the handle about something or burst in our bedroom door to yell at me.....

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure
G
G
Get.Out.Fast.

BS: 37
FWH: 37
EA: 2 months, ending June 08
Married 7 years
4 kids (2 together)
Hoping for a Recovery
B
B
Originally Posted by howtoheal
He will say, "did you love me when you did all that for another man? You haven't done what I need you to do for me to forgive you. I need what I need and it's not up to you to say when I forgive or how I do it. You don't do anything you say you will, you havent' done the ATMs I need or the SF all the time that I require. You haven't lost weight, you keep the house crappy (not true, btw)...etc"

hth....hold still....

twoxfour

twoxfour

STOP!!!!! You are already talking yourself out of acting...fine...we are all willing to lend a hand and 2x4 YOU as needed.

Nothing you wrote in the above is relevant at this point. Stop making excuses and making up "what if" endings.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Originally Posted by howtoheal

And your response should be:

"If you want to be in a love relationship with me, however, you're going to have to treat me much better than you have been treating me. You must never again bring up my affair, and if you are upset with me, you will have to treat me with respect until we can solve the problem.

Obviously I need to work more on myself, I'm a work in progress, but I just have sat here and felt so sick to my stomach all day

No, you need to stand up for yourself. You are making yourself sick by choosing to weak. Making a choice is not a matter of "PROGRESS" it is a matter of choice.

You continually come up with excuses why you can't take action. Saying you are a "work in progress" is BULLCRAP. It is conflict avoidance.

What husband constantly punishes his wife?

A husband whose wife tolerates abuse. That is who. A woman who chooses to be weak.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by Gdar
Get.Out.Fast.

i second that motion. its time to bail.

prd

A
A
A husband whose wife tolerates abuse. That is who. A woman who chooses to be weak.
Howtoheal, this is so true. You are part of the game, of course he is to blame, but you are playing his game 100%.
Stand up for your rights and your dignity and or kids dignity
blessing

atena
P
P
HTH, you have been here for years and nothing, absolutely nothing has changed in your life. You have started many threads over the years that are just like this one. The advice you are given is the same too.

He wants me to never talk about our marriage, to have sex with him when, where and how he wants (and it's getting pretty nasty), and to be a perfect housewife. I work full time, and we have an almost 4 y.o. I get up early with him (the baby, not BH, lol), and then if I"m not willing to have sex until the wee hours of the morning, then I'm a w***e and obviously not worthy of being married to him, obviously not sorry for what I did.

Sound familiar? That was in 2007.

How about these golden oldies?

I am not kidding that every couple of days I get a new ultimatium. Yesterday it's that I get $50 a week in gas and then I can't do anything else (including go to work). I have a little over 2 weeks left to get the house spotless or else he'll sell it (it's all his, I"m not on the deed or mortgage, he can do what he wants). I have been told that he'll divorce me if I don't provide "#1 sex experiences every night." THough he hasn't yet.

He is really really mean if I don't provide sex to his satisfaction. In fact, he'll stop in the middle of it and just tell me it's not good and to leave him alone. He smokes pot right in the bedroom (remember I"m pregnant) before he'll have sex even though I STRENUOUSLY object.

Oh, and I"m 6 weeks away from giving birth to my fourth- our second together, eighth between the both of us! (His 4 from a previous marriage don't see us at all, though.

Why do his children from his last marriage not see him? I'd be interested to know that. And you couldn't even get up the cojones to protect your unborn child from secondhand pot smoke. Oh, but you strenuously objected.

You know what, hth? You liketo be the victim. It suits you just fine. You complain about your H, but over and over again, you send the message loud and clear that you deserve this treatment ostensibly because of your one month telephone affair that was over four years ago.

But I wonder if you even believe that or if you are using your affair as a reason to remain with an abuser - because you like it. But what about your children? Do they like it?

I get the feeling that you come to this site so that you will have a tangible reason why your H acts like such a creep - it must be because of your EA. Seriously, do you even believe that?

He abuses you because for some reason you welcome it. Only you can say why that is, and only you can change this unhealthy dynamic.

pk

P
P
Wow PK, thanks for posting that. I had no idea.

Good luck HTH.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
G
G
Ew, it just keeps getting worse. How can you even respect a man who has FOUR children he does NOT see? And you chose to have kids with this man!

BS: 37
FWH: 37
EA: 2 months, ending June 08
Married 7 years
4 kids (2 together)
Hoping for a Recovery
P
P
she takes it because deep down, she feels she deserves it.

prd

M
M

I have no patience for weak women. I need to just leave this thread for folks with more patience.

Exposure 101

A
A
HOw do you become a strong woman Melody, as we say here in Italy you've got balls woman...or cojones if you speak spanish..but not all of us do.
It is hard to be a rabbit in a world full of wolves
I guess we have a hard time seeing the wolf for what he really his, we still see a lamb ...it is crazy how we create our own misery
blessing

atena
H
OP Offline
H
PM, you will maybe remember Mr s R o b....spelled that way to protect from searches.

Yep, PK is right.

Atena is right too, as is ML. If my friend were going through this I'd give the same advice.

I am scared, but I am ready. I will practice what to say, but will be here for follow up and support.

ML, I am ready to be strong and not take this anymore.

It is not easy when you see that your choice may possibly lead to completely changing lives- house, schools, responsibilities, everything.

It is scary.

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure
A
A
nobody says it is easy, but the level of abuse you are going thru now for years is dangerous.
The unknown is always scary to the mind because it cannot explain it. In fact when we change we are not afraid to leave what we have, we are afraid of the unknown.
But what if you were to tell yourself that the future without your H will be better and believe that for a while?
You can no longer go on the way you have been for years.
be strong
blessing

atena
G
G
HTH,

I think you need to sit down with your H and calmly tell him he has to stop the abuse cold turkey, because the next step has to be divorce, I�m not a fan of divorce, but ATM is really despicable if one of the party is not into it and is sadism.

Also because of his a*** tendencies I would be worried about your getting AIDS from him.

Tell him he has the right to talk with you of how the affair caused him great pain for as long as he needs to, and while you never expect to be completely forgiven, words like W**** or S*** are not appropriate for his childrens� Mother.

God Bless
Gamma

G
G
I don't get the whole "You must do ATM for me to get over this"....
Where you texting OM that you would do that for him or something?

Originally Posted by Gamma
Also because of his a*** tendencies I would be worried about your getting AIDS from him.
I don't understand?

Questions

1. How old are you and H?

2. How many years married?

3. What does H do?

4. Other than the EA, what else made H feel less powerful?

But end the end, I agree with everyone else.

This level of abuse, for this long, is unacceptable.
Confront him, if it continues, then I would advise you to leave him.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
G
G
Gack1,

A friend of my W has a similarly abusive H, and she was just diagnosed with an STD, so it seems his sadism was a symptom of his own guilt. It raised a red flag with me as a result, and if her H is engaging in the same activities with others then the health risks are high for HTH.

God Bless
Gamma

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 579 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation