Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
K
At least you have your health! smile

Karma seems to be kicking his butt in that department.

He is sick, aging, and lonely, and has no one now, as it were, to help him.

I'm a vengeful sort, and I'd go if only to ask if it was worth it.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H
Yeah... Was it worth it?

That's the age-old question. And would they admit it if it wasn't?

Seems these waywards get to the point where they are SOOOO far down the wrong road that it's easier to keep going. See where it ends instead of stopping and driving back. Who knows? Maybe there's something better just around the bend.

And waywards do not seem to want to ask for directions. They will continue because they don't see the cliff ahead.... until it's too late.

Stay strong, my friend. If you get one of those "can we talk" phone calls, wait.

I just wish for ONCE I read about a wayward that puts on the brakes, makes a u-turn, and heads home FOR GOOD.

N
N
Originally Posted by Holyheart
I just wish for ONCE I read about a wayward that puts on the brakes, makes a u-turn, and heads home FOR GOOD.

Honey, it happens all the time....look at all the people on here in Recovery. It had to start with the wayward applying the brakes and making a big ol' U-turn......

{{{{Chai, SL, Holy, and girls}}}}},

I can't imagine the road you all are one but please remember this..... You moral character, strength, perserverance and beauty are such an inspiration to me, and I'm sure others. I've "watched" you grow into such remarkable women that I knew then and now, no matter what my H ever does I want to stay on the right side of the road!!!!

Instead of what you lost, remember all that you have gained........self-respect, which I learned is the most important ingrediant to a ful-filling life......

kiss.......to you all!!!!!!

Not

S
S
{{{{{CHAI}}}}}}, As usual the BS comes out on top, Chai you can walk with your head held high and no regrets about trying to save your M (I know we have "what ifs" but theyre not justified). You have your dignity and integrity. And the more time goes on, the more important those become. Now we know why they sleep well at night, they supress it and it always comes out somehow, in the end (your WHs health).

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
H
H
Chai, when I came on this board yours was one of the threads that I followed.

In spite of the XH's descent into the mullet's den of muck, you maintained your spirt, your dignity and most your grace.

Their lifestyle is right out of Pinochioo and a perfect analogy of a wayward.

They get caught up in the "good life" and head out to "Pleasure Island" where everything goes. No rules, no one to tell them what to do, fun, games, no boundaries.

They are not changed overnight till their "jack#[censored] behavior" builds up and then the transformation begins. They become what they are -- donkeys. These braying fools are really symbolic of stupidity and ignornance.

They prance around in their donkey bodies (aliens?) braying louder and louder and no one understands them anymore because they have lost all human tendancies including their own voice.

The OP (henchmen, cat and fox) have rendered them helpless and can use them for whatever they want and continue to ride them till they move on.

What brought the waywards so much "happiness" initially at Pleasure Island is now a source of new unhappiness. Now that they are transformed into true jack&asses they act up again and kick, destroy, and hate all the attractions that brought them to Pleasure Island.

Since the life expectancy of a donkey is less than half of the human race they burn themselves out quick.

Only the waywards can get themselves out of Pleasure Island. We can't rescure them. Some come home not fully transformed like pinochioo with just the ears and tail between their legs and it takes great remorse and accountability to turn them back into a "real person" again.

Some get too sick, too many regrets, and lose their path forever.

We can only save ourselves and pray.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks to all of you for your support. You guys are the reason that I have recovered so well from all of this. I look at my life now, and although there was a time of chaos, it is now peaceful and has a glimmer of happiness. I'm glad for the whole Plan B thing because it kept me from getting pulled into his messed up world.

I'm sure his health issues have something to do with the demise of the A. Probably not what Miss Mullet had in mind.

It's still sad though, the way things turned out.

BS's - just remember it's better to be the BS than the WS.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
I
I
Hi Chai,
Think of you often, and I'm sorry for the horrors exH put you through. You have been a champ!

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
L
L
Hi CL,

Just dropping by.

Keep doing what you are doing....two steps forward, one step back.... you are still ahead!

Take care.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
B
B
Hello!, too. Just chiming in.
BC

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
C
OP Offline
C
Hey all,

Good to see you all driving around here today. Let's see, I do have an update or two.

Well, chaibaby2 is here. Like chaibaby, he is in "detox" which makes me so mad I can't see straight. Have been going back and forth with CPS, DD, hospital etc now for two days. I don't know what will happen at this point. I cannot take another newborn, the other GP cannot take another newborn, and DD is not capable but yet she still won't consider adoption. She just doesn't live in the same world that the rest of us live in. Baby will be in the hospital for another week or so and CPS will decide what is to happen. XWH was so big and bad in court claiming that he would take chaibaby away from all of us so let's see if he steps up to the plate and takes this child. As if.

DD says XWH has serious health issues and that she thinks the A (or affairage if that's the case) is in serious trouble. Gee, imagine that.

I'm close to a sale on my business, so hoping it goes through. I will get enough to pay off a couple of debts which will help me a great deal. I'll lose my original investment, but I'm chalking it up there with other loses due to the D. They never seem to stop coming.

Nothing else exciting. Life seems to be a little more peaceful each week.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

F
F
(((Chai and chaibaby2)))

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
K
K
At least you will be able to eliminate some troubles through this.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H
Chai, we need to catch up. Did not know that baby 2 came and sale of your business??

Prayers coming your way.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
L
L
Thanks for the update, CL.

The 'cleaning crew' is in the house... MrRollieEyes

Continue to reduce the mess and it will increase the peace, or

better still,

continue to increase the peace and it will reduce the mess. skeptical

Life is a process, CL, and I think you are doing...just great! hurray

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
B
B
Chai,

While the addition of a new life to the world is always cause for celebration, I'm so sorry to hear of the struggles you and ChaBaby2 are going through right now. I am sure it is extremely difficult, but trust that all will work out as it should for CB2.

Am so proud of you that you are standing back in your own personal, peaceful space and letting those around you who are in chaos not invade your space!

I see waywards going all directions - their lives go up and down, back and forth, & round and round. Unless they choose to stop the chaos and look inside themselves to take responsibility for their situation & FIX whatever has broken inside, the chaos will continue forever.

Thank God for our having found personal recovery. You have set yourself upon a solid path and are reaping the benefits of your own hard work.

Am so happy for the peace you have found my friend.

Outstanding news on the sale of the business. Am saying prayers for the successful completion of the sale. Am especially impressed with your attitude about it. Wasn't that long ago, you would have let it take you down several notches. Your ability to put that into positive perspective is IMPRESSIVE!

Ahh, I can not wait to hear more of the good things I know are coming your way!!

Keep us posted!!

dance2

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
I
I
I KNEW Chaibaby2 must be here! Congrats on the baby arriving, although sickened by the conditions surrounding.
You truly deserve to be able to play the role of doting grandma to two wonderful kiddies, but things didn't work out that way. I'm so sorry.
No sympathies for your xH. He's getting more than he deserved already, even being allowed to see the babies and DD.
(((((Chai, Chaibaby1, Chaibaby2))))

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
C
OP Offline
C
Luna, FF, Karma, Hope, Bugsy, Ima...

Thanks for the support guys. Whew, I need it. I am standing my ground but it is hard. I know that I can't take another newborn and I have to keep telling myself that over and over.

The little guy is a cutie though. One good thing is that DD is a little different this time. With chaibaby, she didn't have much interest at birth, but she is a doting mama with this one. Time will tell though. CPS said she needs to get off the methadone, so we will see. If it doesn't work this time, chaibaby2 will go to foster care. I hate it.

The BF wants nothing to do with this one. The other GP haven't come to see him either. Breaks my heart that a little baby was born and his family doesn't want him. I just want what is best for him.

Anyway, he is doing well but will be in the hospital for about 10 days. Will keep you all posted. CPS is going to call XWH so we'll see if he steps up to the plate here.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

R
R
XWH step up to the plate??? Well, stranger things have happened...

If DD doesn't clean up, foster care might be best, at least for now. We can hope and pray she will clean up at some point, and hopefully, get him (her?) back. The ending isn't written yet.

Regardless of what WXH or DD do, I hope you will continue doing what you've been doing--controlling the only thing you can--yourself--and building a life, anyway. The others will either take responsibility for themselves (as you have), or not.

Prayers for all of you.

Me BS 61
Him FWS 63
Married 40 years
D-Day 6/30/06
Still can't believe it.
6/08 Recovering nicely. Anything is possible!
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by rightherewaiting
XWH step up to the plate??? Well, stranger things have happened...

If DD doesn't clean up, foster care might be best, at least for now. We can hope and pray she will clean up at some point, and hopefully, get him (her?) back. The ending isn't written yet.

Regardless of what WXH or DD do, I hope you will continue doing what you've been doing--controlling the only thing you can--yourself--and building a life, anyway. The others will either take responsibility for themselves (as you have), or not.

Prayers for all of you.

Thanks RTW. Chaibaby2 is also a boy. XWH will probably not take it on. He is good a passing judgement on others by expecting higher standards of them than he does himself. Amazing how that works huh?

And yes, I fully intend to keep on the path that I am on - one of PEACE. I am thankful for it every passing day now.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

Q
Q
Hi Chai,

Mazel Tov on the birth of the CB2. Though it's still a very tough situation.

I just so admire your strength and determination to build a new life, even though you didn't want it to happen. You are doing incredible and I'm looking forward to you coming out this way.

Hopefully very soon.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 440 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation