Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 52 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 51 52
C
OP Offline
C

I was me Lil-D.

I think it was on Cowgirl�s thread and was lost in the Great MB Purge.

I have coached girls from 5th grade to 12th grade so the message changes a little based on the age of the audience but it basically is as follows:

Ladies, let�s talk about boys. There is not anything a boy won�t want you to do for him. They have lots of wants. He will want you to ditch class for him. He will want you to skip basketball practice for him. He will want you to stop seeing your friends for him. He will want you to go to college where he wants to go to college. He will want you front and center at all his games. He will want you to go to parties where things happen that can get you suspended, expelled or removed from your team. And he will want all these things because he Luuuuuuuuuuuuuvs you soooooooo much (best performed as Ernest T. Bass). Not as much as his friends or video games but he Luuuuuuuuuuuuuvs you.

But understand one thing ladies. A boy will not do any of these things for you. He will never skip his sports practice for you. He won�t come to your games if he has better plans. He will never change plans with his friends for you. He may not even set down his game console for you. He Luuuuuuuvs you only when it is convenient or he wants something.

Don�t ever let the selfish wants of a mere and easily replaced boy determine your future and your success. You are all worth so much more than that.

Now get on the baseline and run some lines while you think about that.

Good luck with DD13!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
R
R
This is good - wished I had it a few years ago. My daughter got involved in the wrong crowd - well - eventually was pregnant at 17. Dont get me wrong - my grand daughter is biggest joy in my life. Its like I have a second chance.

Tough lesson for my daughter but I made a deal - all expenses are taken care of = finish HS and finish college = the non-sense and gang skater girl dress is gone and she is doing well.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
C
OP Offline
C
Weird.

My company is mounting a crane and body for a customer and as part of the deal they traded in a 4-year old but never mounted service body they had bought. They changed their plan and never mounted it on a truck.

When I saw it way out in the back lot I recognized it as the brand of body we sold at the place where Wayzilla, Gollum and I all had worked. I checked it out and sure enough there was a packet of sales paperwork in the body compartments that indicated it was sold from the Mordor Springs facility where Gollum was the manager and main sales rep.

It was sold exactly 2-weeks before my Thanksgiving D-Day in 2006. And Gollum�s business card was in there. I flipped the page and there was a sales document signed by��.Wayzilla. She was going down (literally) there every Tuesday and Thursday as the office manager at that time. There is no doubt they stained the sheets somewhere that evening.

How odd is that?.

DD22 saw Wayzilla on Wednesday. They had their Father�s Day dinner for XFIL. I guess she was all cowboy booted and western weared up. She drove down in �their� new Dodge D3500 diesel pickup (left "their" Caddy home this time). �They� are looking to get a bigger, nicer place with property a little out of the city but �they� will probably keep �their� other place to rent as �they� have just recently done a $24,000 kitchen remodel. She of course calls the western wear palace, �theirs�.

SHE has not fully paid for DD�s summer books yet. I can�t even afford new carpet. sigh

Oh well.

I get to go up to Larimie, Wyoming Sunday with 16 high school girls to play 16 games of basketball at nearly 8,000 ft elevation and high temperatures. I get to sleep in a dorm bed that my feet hang over. There is no AC. The food is ummmmmm....not inspirational.

Not exactly Hope�s cruise.

Happy Father�s Day all.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/18/10 04:54 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
But, I bet there is no place you'd rather be, right?

That stuff about the truck/crane was creepy. I thought the universe was CRUEL to ME. Creepy.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Sorry for the trigger Chris. It is weird. I recently passed XWH on the road 100 miles from here. That was weird too. Our paths will cross at times - it's just a law of the universe.

I guess my question is this - if things are so wonderful, they are soul mates and all of that other happy horse hockey, then
WHY AREN'T THEY MARRIED YET????

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
S
Because, as we know, things are NOT so wonderful in affairland. Even though they have the illusion that they are.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
All of the affairs that I know of personally(my WH's NOT included as I am in Plan B), are most certainly NOT "happy." They are actually WORSE than the marriages they left. Even the ones that became affairages were WORSE than the original marriages.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Yes, me too Scotty.....I just dont know why we have a hard time believing that about our own WH's affairs....Maybe because we dont associate with our WH's so we dont really get to see the down and dirty reality of it...we just have our own imaginations that run wild with thoughts of their happiness.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
sorry about the t/j again chrisner

Still, it's not that I don't think that WH's affair is happy. I meant that I don't KNOW because I am in Plan B. That's the way it is supposed to be. I can imagine things but those are the what ifs that do no good.

Chrisner, seeing what your DD had to say about Wazilla makes me THANKFUL I am in Plan B. It would make me CRINGE to hear all of those GREAT things about my WH. Even if I did know they were lies. frown

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Yeah, I know...maybe I was just referring more to Chai's post and myself....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
OP Offline
C
Back from Laramie, Wyoming. EeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaa!! Hot dorms and fine cafeteria cuisine!

On the morning of the second day the Wyoming head women's coach came over to me and said, �You have probably noticed by now that I moved you up to the top division. We needed a couple teams to fill that division and after watching you guys last year I really believe you can compete there.�

Boy had I ever noticed. Of the 7-high school teams we played (we also played an all-star club team) we had from last season:
- A combined win record of 133-49 (73%)
- The Wyoming State Champ (22-7)
- A Wyoming Final 4 team. (22-6)
- A Colorado 5A Final 4 team. (23-7)
- A Colorado 4A Sweet 16 team. (21-4)
- A Colorado 3A State Runner-up. (21-5)

Oh, and us at 11-13 last year.

We went 2-6 including a win over the club team. The Colorado final 4 team beat us by 5 and we lead about half the game. The 3A runner up beat us at the buzzer with an off balance, left hand, double teamed fade away 3-pointer. Arrrrggggggg!!

The Wyoming state champ ruffed us up a bit in a 16 point loss but the coach told me after we gave them about the best game they had there. Our average loss to the other five teams was only by 4-points.

The Wyo head coach watched us play Laramie on the arena floor Tuesday night. He had come to scout a couple of the Laramie players but we virtually shut both those kids down and probably hurt their stock value. Laramie is currently the #2 ranked team in Wyoming with a 22-6 record from last season. We lost by 2 in a sudden death overtime and lead about 2/3s of the game.

Chuck played magnificent as the newly crowned starting point guard. We brought up an incoming sophomore who ended last season hitting 14 3-pointers in her last 3 JV games. She hit 10 threes in Wyoming.

The JV went 5-3 so they were pretty pumped too.

This was very encouraging for next season. I am sooooooo tired.

Although it�s not really my job they asked me if I could help find a buyer for Gollum�s service body as soon as possible. I will happily comply to get that thing out of here.

Originally Posted by Chai
Sorry for the trigger Chris. It is weird.
It really was not that big a trigger Chai. Just an uncanny coincidence. Really stunning.

Originally Posted by Scotty
I thought the universe was CRUEL to ME.
The universe does seem to have its share of pranksters Scotty.

Originally Posted by Scotty Again
Chrisner, seeing what your DD had to say about Wazilla makes me THANKFUL I am in Plan B. It would make me CRINGE to hear all of those GREAT things about my WH. Even if I did know they were lies.

Lies? Truth? Who knows? I am sure it is probably a little rose water sprinkled on a runny diseased raccoon poop but who knows. It really does not matter anymore. I know she is not on the title of any of the properties or vehicles. He owns it all.

She needs that ring! Where's the ring Gollum? What did you do with it you deformed little Scalawag?

What do you call a woman who lives with a man who provides her with room and board in HIS house, spending cash from working in HIS store, access to HIS new vehicles for a few services provided in exchange? I knows what Mel would call her.

I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with SORE and I am sure she is in a few places. A whole new meaning to The Crack of Doom.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/24/10 04:56 PM.

P
P
Crack of doom

OMG !!!!! rotflmao

J
J
Originally Posted by chrisner
She needs that ring! Where's the ring Gollum? What you do with it you deformed little Scalawag?

Here it is:
[Linked Image from patdollard.com]

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
C
OP Offline
C
Sweet Jim!

And if Wayzilla ever does get her hand on that ring Gollum will probably have to bite her finger off to get it back.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/24/10 03:52 PM.

P
P
Ewwwwwwwwwww

K
K
Power to all the fellow LOTR fans. Here I thought we were nearly extinct.

Well, either bite her finger off to get it back, or throttle her. Either or.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Me
Although it�s not really my job they asked me if I could help find a buyer for Gollum�s service body as soon as possible. I will happily comply to get that thing out of here.

I do look forward to the day I can say I sold Gollum's body.

P
P
Weird TJ/

I absolutely HATE LOTR because it was a movie that my FWH and OW went to see and experienced together. It's still a big trigger... I know this because it seems like its on every other weekend on cable around here!

/Weird TJ

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
K
PM --

Take it back! It's a wonderful trilogy that was worked on very hard.

To clarify, you take back things like locations, diners...take back a movie series too. Though in my opinion #3 is the only one worth the time.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
Originally Posted by karmasrose
PM --

Take it back! It's a wonderful trilogy that was worked on very hard.

To clarify, you take back things like locations, diners...take back a movie series too. Though in my opinion #3 is the only one worth the time.

Ain't gonna happen! LOL

I found letters between them where they referenced parts of the movie that bound them together.... ugh!!!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 47 of 52 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation