Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
H
H
Originally Posted by fantieverdun
SO he e-mails me this:
Per our conversation. Please call me when you know when the kids will be at the house. I would not like them to be babysat by anyone if I don't know. I would like the option of watching them.

My response:
I am going to pick up Caitlyn now and then we have a bunch of people coming over to swim. Why don't you come home for dinner and bring your phone log records, the receipt from the current hotel that you staying at and the receipt from your trip to Houston from 6/10.

priceless -- perfect response. Love his concern for the kids wellbeing when he has been the absentee father. He will be very very angry but just smile and be pleasant. It will confuse him.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
P
P
SO he e-mails me this:
Per our conversation. Please call me when you know when the kids will be at the house. I would not like them to be babysat by anyone if I don't know. I would like the option of watching them.

My response:
I am going to pick up Caitlyn now and then we have a bunch of people coming over to swim. Why don't you come home for dinner and bring your phone log records, the receipt from the current hotel that you staying at and the receipt from your trip to Houston from 6/10.

Hmmm, his request sounds almost legalistic. In Texas there is what we call the "first right of refusal" when it comes to babysitting the children of parents going through a divorce. He may have spoken with someone who advised him to set a precedent now for custody issues on down the road.

Still a good response.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
F
F
That is what I was thinking - I thought he saw a lawyer himself because he also texted me saying - I need to know who is wathcing the kids while I am doing my other things.

He is coming home at 5:30 per his response from my e-mail. He said he wanted to talk.

What do I say. I tell him who I have exposed the affair too (his co-workers) and what else? What if he tells me that he wants his space - like getting an apartment? Do I tell him that I know all the lies (like it was her earring in the car that I found in March), that he didn't go to Houston, like his co-workers are uncomfortable at teh office - how do I handle our talk tonight.

Do I say come home or file for a divorce.

NEED HELP!!

BS (Me): 39
WH: 35
M: 9 years
DS: 5, DD: 3 1/2
DD1: May 24th, 2010 - phone call from OW's boyfriend
DD2: June 20th, 2010 - found e-mails on his computer
M
M
What do I say. I tell him who I have exposed the affair too (his co-workers) and what else? What if he tells me that he wants his space - like getting an apartment? Do I tell him that I know all the lies (like it was her earring in the car that I found in March), that he didn't go to Houston, like his co-workers are uncomfortable at teh office - how do I handle our talk tonight.

Just tell him you know all about his lies and will not cooperate with any scheme to "get space." Tell him that you know he just wants space to conduct his adultery. Tell him that you have told everyone about his adultery and will continue to do so.

Bluff him about the "hotel" thing and just say, "wow, I had the OW's watched last night and heard something very different." do you have your hotel receipt to prove this?

Tell him that if this goes to divorce that you will not be "his friend" but that you will sue on grounds of adultery and have the OW subpoenaed to give oath about her adultery.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Don't ASK him if he is lying. Tell him you know he is lying. Tell him you know he lied about Houston and he lied about staying a hotel last night. He was with the OW.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
If he is still talking about wanting an apartment, I suggest you take action right away to secure your finances. You said you talked to three attorneys already. It will make the affair very uncomfortable once he realizes he cannot afford an apartment.

He probably wants to talk to get a commitment from you for less support than you are entitled to. Do not go along with this.

And if he wants to talk divorce, say, "I only talk marriage with you , not divorce. If you want a divorce you will have to do that on your own."

He is going to try to get you to be "reasonable"-- in other words to compromise what is in your and your children's best interests in order to make his affair easier and more comfortable. You do not need to along with this.

Chrysalis
F
F
Well he is here right now - he came home and I had made a lovely pB&jelly sandwich for dinner (ran late b/c we had friends over swimming) He has been civil - really cuddling up to the kids - helped me with some stuff around the house (repairs)

I am not sure how or what to do- I know he is not staying because he is still wearing his dress clothes from work - and his shoes are on. the kids are going to bed in 15 minutes and then I am assuming we'll talk.

Goal is not to say too much - let him know who I have exposed the affair too- and just be nice and polite - I feel sick to my stomach. I'll let you know how it goes?

C
OP Offline
C
funny, just about the time you wrote this you crossed my mind while I was driving and I sent up a little prayer on your behalf.... let us know.

Chrysalis
F
F
Well talked - I asked him if he brought home the recipts that I requested and of course he forgot them on his desk - then we started talking - he told me that he was going to fly up to his parents house (Cape Cod) on Sunday so that he can clear his head - he kept asking me about if I was working Sat. night - I told him I have't even thought about Sat. I was just trying to get through each day -

Then he told me he wanted to get an apt. and I said that I would not support that so that he could carry on his affair. He was so all over the map - I just smiled and tried to listen.

He was very upset when I told him that I spoke with his employees - he said we are done at that point.

He told me that he was seeing a lawyer tomorrow - so that he knew what his rights were. I said good idea - knowing that he was the cheater that he is the one who will have to pay.

My head is spining - I am heading to bed.

K
K
Be prepared for fake-making-nice.

Once he finds out he is sc****d, he will attempt to make nice and get you to agree to things.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Well talked - I asked him if he brought home the recipts that I requested and of course he forgot them on his desk - then we started talking - he told me that he was going to fly up to his parents house (Cape Cod) on Sunday so that he can clear his head - he kept asking me about if I was working Sat. night - I told him I have't even thought about Sat. I was just trying to get through each day -

I would put on a pretty dress and go pick them up at his office. smile Say hi to OW!! I would also verify his whereabouts on Sunday and enlist his parents to help your cause.

You are doing great, Fantie!

Exposure 101

F
F
I can easily find out where he is going because he is using air miles to fly up there. I feel like if I call his parents that I am pushing them - they has told them that he can't work on his marriage while involved with another women - and that marriage has it's up and down's and you have to work through them and he would lose alot.

I am also going to call his best friend (who I exposed it to) and have him talk to him while he is up there.

I also told him that I would rather him lose his job and work at Home Depot then to lose his family.

Y
YEG Offline
Y
I also told him that I would rather him lose his job and work at Home Depot then to lose his family.

Then why not expose him to his employer? Best way to get one of them out of the situation.

You said he was the boss but dont know if he was the owner. If there is an owner most likely they will toss out the secretary rather than the money maker. Especially if he is a good worker.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
Plan B or Recovery on 7-1-10 Its in her court ATM
My thread
E
E
Originally Posted by YEG

Then why not expose him to his employer? Best way to get one of them out of the situation.

You said he was the boss but dont know if he was the owner. If there is an owner most likely they will toss out the secretary rather than the money maker. Especially if he is a good worker.

YEG is right on that one. Besides it is far easier to hire a new assistant, and there are liability issues and sexual harassment issues in allowing them to continue working together.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
NC letter recieved 5/29/10
My Thread

Recovery may not be an option. Seriously looking a plan B/D
D
D
Expose to the employer. Trust me, BTDT. To recover the marriage, he is going to have to leave that job anyway. The OW is there, and the staff knows what he did - no respect.

Me: BW, 46
Him: WH, 48
EA/PA with co-worker 8-08 to 7-09
D-day 7-29
NC 8-17
OW and WH both fired from jobs
OW lost court case for restraining order- judge called her a "practiced deciever" who manufactured evidence!!
F
F
He called the kids to say good morning to them at 8:29am - haven't talked to him since - I know that he had an appt. this morning with a lawyer - so I am hoping that woke some sense into him - all that he will lose - He e-mailed me about our airlines miles at 4pm - then he called at 6:30pm to say good night to the kids.

He asked if he could come and see the kids on Friday - I told him that that i was concerned. FOr example he saw them last night but then he wasn't here when they woke up (which they are used to)- I said that even though they are young (ages 3 1/2 & 5 - only 18 months apart) they know something is up - mom's crying - dad is not here in the morning and my son was very aggressive today. He aggreed. I said what your going to come see them, then leave, then come back for t-ball on Sat. then watch them that night while I go to work - then leave on Sunday for your parents for a week. He said that he thought it would be better if we told them - Daddy has to go back to work tonight but will be back in time for t-ball. Then he will tell the kids he is off on a business trip.

I think it is really good that he is going up to his parents house. His best friend up there can't believe what he has done and I am hoping that they (his parents and BF) will pull him out of the fog.

When he returns I want to hear what he has to say. I think he has a lot of thinking to do esp. since he met with a lawyer and hopefully realized he is screwed. What if he wants to get his own place (which I do not know how we can afford) - he mentioned it to me last night and I told him that I would not support that beacuse I know that it would only be to carry on his affair. If he does then what - I can't stop him from doing that - do I file for divorce? I don't want to be left in limbo while he has his own place.

What is the next step once he returns?

M
M
I would find out where he is going this weekend. He is doing alot of lying about his whereabouts.

Exposure 101

F
F
He is at a hotel - which I called last night and spoke to him - not sure about tomorrow night - Sat. night he will be at the house - which I informed him of that it will be watched (to make sure the OW doesn't come over) and Sunday he leaves.

What if he wants to get his own place (which I do not know how we can afford) - he mentioned it to me last night and I told him that I would not support that beacuse I know that it would only be to carry on his affair. If he does then what - I can't stop him from doing that - do I file for divorce? I don't want to be left in limbo while he has his own place.

What is the next step once he returns?

M
M
He is at a hotel - which I called last night and spoke to him - not sure about tomorrow night - Sat. night he will be at the house - which I informed him of that it will be watched (to make sure the OW doesn't come over) and Sunday he leaves.

Fantie, I assure you he is spending his nights with the OW. If you don't believe me, drive to the hotel.

Exposure 101

H
H
fant, he is seeing the OW but now they are just hiding it better. Don't be surprised and this is regular script behavior for the wayward.

If your H still talks about getting an apartment (code for living out his fantasy), tell him that it will be too expensive for him. Offer (but not follow through) for YOU to rent an inexpensive room or you live with a family member and he can stay with the kids. You will make arrangements to see the children a few nights a week but need to find a job so he will be with them mostly. This will be your own reverse fog babble. Say it will give both of you time apart to see what you BOTH want.

Let him stew that over for a day or so.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation