Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
Please read this in its entirety. Then you will understand why this is such a horrible and dark confession. You'll understand why this is so hard for me to admit. And you'll understand why I have such reservations against admitting to this problem.

I have a confession. It's really hard for me to admit this. I think all addicts have trouble admitting they are powerless over their addiction.

I've struggled with this over the last few years. And, sadly, it just won't get better or go away. I've thought about seeking out a support group but I'm too ashamed to bring my addiction to public. I don't think I could handle the ridicule. My guy friends would prob. physically assault me and women would no longer respect me. And my children, my poor children...

I think about it all the time and how I can manage my schedule around it enough to feed my fix. But, sadly, it�s just never enough and then I�m left wanting more and more. It�s gotten so bad that I have to lie to cover up this addiction. It�s really a dark chasm that�s spiraling out of control.

But I thought I could admit this to you guys and gals. Admit this problem�this monkey.

Here it is. I feel like I�ll be judged harshly for what I�m about to say. I�ll prob lose street cred, respect, and my man card.

I love Lifetime TV

Last edited by kilted_thrower; 06/25/10 01:02 AM.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

S
S
Bwaaaaahahahaha!!!! rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Can't sleep tonight and you made my sleeplessnes worthwhile KT. My DH could have written that confession. Not that he loves the movies but we use LT for what we call bad movie Sundays. We snuggle up on the couch turn on LT and spend the afternoon dozing and watching and laughing. He says the movies are all the same so it doesn't matter if you turn it on or off in the middle of one.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
B
B
twoxfour

Your Man Card is hereby revoked.

For rehab you will be expected to complete 240 viewing hours of any of the following television programming:

• football (NFL only, arena doesn't count)
  • NASCAR
  • hockey
  • any home improvement show where the host and clients are hetero
  • rodeo, guns, hunting, or fishing
  • MANSwers
  • anything on the history channel involving war, heavy equipment, or manufacturing
  • mindless action movies
  • any movie with John Wayne or Charleton Heston

Please keep a log of your rehab viewing. At the completion of 240 hours, your case will appear for review by the Man Board, at which time your Man Card may be reissued.

You can beat this. Be strong brother!

Last edited by bitbucket; 06/25/10 09:55 AM.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
M
M
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
I love Lifetime TV

turn in the MAN CARD, you silly Okie!! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Admitting you have a problem is important. I suggest going to an electronics store, setting every wall TV to Lifetime, and watching it without a break for 72 hours. This is what we call aversion therapy. You may not change this channel for any reason, including Summer's Eve and Yaz commercials.

K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by bitbucket
twoxfour

Your Man Card is hereby revoked.

For rehab you will be expected to complete 240 viewing hours of any of the following television programming:

• football (NFL only, arena doesn't count)
  • NASCAR
  • hockey
  • any home improvement show where the host and clients are hetero
  • rodeo, guns, hunting, or fishing
  • MANSwers
  • anything on the history channel involving war, heavy equipment, or manufacturing
  • mindless action movies
  • any movie with John Wayne or Charleton Heston

Please keep a log of your rehab viewing. At the completion of 240 hours, your case will appear for review by the Man Board, at which time your Man Card may be reissued.

You can beat this. Be strong brother!

So I made it through 24 hours of this and ran out of my house and started setting things on fire and stealing cars and driving them off cliffs. The police were close to catching up to me. But not I'm held up in a Circuit City following L's advice and doing aversion thereapy. I think I might tear my retinas out very shortly

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

S
S
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
I think about it all the time and how I can manage my schedule around it enough to feed my fix. But, sadly, it�s just never enough and then I�m left wanting more and more. It�s gotten so bad that I have to lie to cover up this addiction. It�s really a dark chasm that�s spiraling out of control.

But I thought I could admit this to you guys and gals. Admit this problem�this monkey.

Here it is. I feel like I�ll be judged harshly for what I�m about to say. I�ll prob lose street cred, respect, and my man card.

I love Lifetime TV

[Linked Image from myemoticons.com]............... [Linked Image from myemoticons.com]

Seem like Bitbucket has been through the lifetimes anonymous program before...Bit, are you a lifetime member of lifetime anonymous rotflmao Okay wasnt that funny...

Last edited by stillhere8126; 06/26/10 09:47 PM. Reason: add funny

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
T
T
They say addictions to hard drugs (like Lifetime) start with more innocuous substances. Watcha wanna bet some of these men have been reading NORA ROBERTS novels! Maybe even a little Nicholas Sparks under the table. And fess up......do any of you own a copy of When Harry Met Sally?

I'm asking these questions for your own good.

S
S
Yeah...thats it....."for your OWN good" [Linked Image from i.imdb.com] We promise we will not laugh at you.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
They say addictions to hard drugs (like Lifetime) start with more innocuous substances. Watcha wanna bet some of these men have been reading NORA ROBERTS novels! Maybe even a little Nicholas Sparks under the table. And fess up......do any of you own a copy of When Harry Met Sally?

I'm asking these questions for your own good.

Absolutely not! But I cried during Transformers the Movie (the cartoon one) when Optimus Prime died. I do own a copy of Ill Pocino.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
Crying for Optimus Prime is acceptable. He's the HERO. You are supposed to cry for heroes.

I don't even really like Transformers, yet I do know the rules. stickout

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Crying for Optimus Prime is acceptable. He's the HERO. You are supposed to cry for heroes.

I don't even really like Transformers, yet I do know the rules. stickout

You...don't like...Transformers? I'm sorry but I can't even understand those words together. I feel like I'm reading some sentence in a foreign language that even though I don't understand it, I feel sadness and rage all at the same time.

And yet I'm numb now too.

You really don't like Transformers? I hear Hitler didn't like Transformers. Do you see the connection?

I really need some quiet time now.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
But I have a reason. I'm a girl.

......and I haven't seen many of the cartoons, only the movies. Forgive me sensei! I shall learn!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

K
K
I'm sure starting to, though. Especially because of this:

Edward vs. Optimus

Peter Cullen. The only *real* Cullen.

(I am infamous for hating Twilight. Mainly because if any MB men did half the crazy stuff Edward did, they'd be in jail for a long, long time)

K
OP Offline
K
But I have a reason. I'm a girl.

......and I haven't seen many of the cartoons, only the movies. Forgive me sensei! I shall learn!

Strangely enough, you might actually like the original movie (cartoon one). They even have female Transformers!

The last movie that was done was half good and half horrid. And when I mean horrid, I mean completely stupid.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
OP Offline
K
(I am infamous for hating Twilight. Mainly because if any MB men did half the crazy stuff Edward did, they'd be in jail for a long, long time)

hahahaha! That was too funny.

I hate when they make vampires like they did in Twilight. They need to all be a cross between the original Dracula and The Lost Boys.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

T
T
If you say Twilight, my DD gets a twitch and looks like she might vomit.

I can sing the WHOLE transformers toy commercial from the 80's. Transformers, more than meets the eye...Transformers, robots in disguise.....

But see, now we are deflecting away from Lifetime....typical addicts. Just don't deflect toward Coke Zero or crime shows, because we are NOT here to discuss MY addictions.

I did cry at Dr. Who last night.

K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
But see, now we are deflecting away from Lifetime....typical addicts. Just don't deflect toward Coke Zero or crime shows, because we are NOT here to discuss MY addictions.

I did cry at Dr. Who last night.

My son inherited my Transformers collection that thankfully my mother kept. To put it into persepective, my grandfather was a petroleum geologist that owned is own oil and gas company back in the 70s and 80s. He had a lot of money to throw around. So every weekend we'd go to ToysRUs and he'd let me fill up a shopping cart full of whatever. That and he'd let me take 2 friends with me. Made it as hame for Christmas because I already had everything. So I had every single Transformer ever made for the first 3 generations.

p.s. I love Dr. Who

P.S.S. I'm on step 4 of my LT recovery. I'll let you konow if relape. I'm working on making ammends right now.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

S
S
LOL - That was very cute. I love it too.

For me, it's also the History Channel and the Hallmark channel.

Hey - life is too short to worry about what everyone else is thinking, right? Just enjoy it. smile lol

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation