Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 36 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36
W
W
Originally Posted by YEG
No im not scared of D. Im scared I will get divorced and feel I didnt do everything to save my M. i probably wont end up in a perfect MB M. Alot of people dont. I think it can still be better than it was before. My WW was a flawed woman when i M her. I knew she had secrecy issues and a past when I put the ring on her finger.

No MB M is perfect, but there is a difference between the people who follow the concepts and advice here and those who don't. Those many people who fail do not, and those who succeed, even in divorce, do apply these techniques to their life.

Originally Posted by YEG
If I truelly wanted to take the easy path I would have just kicked her aside from the start. I could have done it no problem. She wouldnt have fought me on it.

This path you have choosen seems pretty low resistance also. Soft deadlines, soft boundaries....soft, soft, soft....marriage.

Originally Posted by YEG
What good does it do to set a rock hard deadline and throw her and my child out of the house? I wont be able to keep DD5. No court will allow that since I work and she has been watching her for 2 months now full time. Thats what the lawyer told me.

I dont see how locking her out one day for the shock and awe of it when plan A is making her questions her past choices is a good thing. I can handle more plan a so why not continue it?

Plan ahead to fight for your kid, the kid does not have to go with her, there are other options even if your lawer will not admit it.

This is a weird situation you have put yourself in, and you did it all on your choice.

K
K
This whole thing is making my head spin. When she tells you that she wants more time to think it over, it's so she can have more time to go hang out with OM, this is essentially an open marriage now and you are allowing it.

You tell your lawyer you want full custody. You tell him you want him to fight for that or you'll get another lawyer. Then you tell your WW that you are filing for full custody and she will pay you child support and until she is ready to fully commit to the marriage, you want her out and she can go live with OM.

Stop being nice and stand up to her. Even the women are telling you this. I'm not just spouting off some alpha male junk...she doesn't respect you because you're way too nice and she feels like she can fun all over you. Being nice is nice but too nice is asking for trouble.

And 2 months is a drop in teh bucket. There's no way I'd agree to alimony and dropping her CS calculation to 25K...I'd go for full custody and tell her you'll run yourself into bankruptcy fighting this.

There's no way I'd let some wayward spouse tell me how it's going to be. You need to become a shark.

Last edited by kilted_thrower; 07/06/10 12:06 PM.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

P
P
I don't understand this YEG. Why are you discussing lowering HER child support number to 25K when you also talk about how you'll never get custody. If you don't get custody, you'll be the one paying child support, not her.

I'm afraid she is leading you by the nose straight to her dream divorce. She's setting you up my friend. I'm sorry you can't see it. It seems you so badly want to believe her that you've put on blinders to what's really happening here.

Too bad you can't get an emergency session with Steve. I think you really need it. Oh, and when you do talk to him, please don't sugarcoat it... give him ALL the info.

Still prayin' for you.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
I don't understand this YEG. Why are you discussing lowering HER child support number to 25K when you also talk about how you'll never get custody. If you don't get custody, you'll be the one paying child support, not her.

I think its about the calculations...

When they use that "method" in CS....the amount is based on how much each party earns. She wants her earning amount lowered so that her contribution is lowered...thereby causing YEG to pay MORE in child support to HER.

That way...if there is large CS...she gets off easy because she doesn't have to report that to the IRS like she would have to Spousal Support. YEG cannot claim CS as a deduction but he would get to claim a deduction for Spousal Support. She has found her a way to come out a winner...and YEG a loser.

committed

S
S
I think WW gave YEG some SF. He is very foggy!

Stanley
C
C
She has sought legal advice..and it is coming across as diabolical to me.

She is lining up her ducks.

Watch what you sign YEG...you might be signing over the farm.

committed

K
K
Yeg, really man, when you see her tonight, I'd have that list ready of what it will take for plan B/D not to happen. The UA time, no contact, NC letter written, etc.

You're going to end up paying big time if she has her income lowered, so much so that it won't matter if you're paying alimony or not. It's not like you're being a jerk. You've been accomodating; she is the one trying to run off to a fantasy life.

You're not me, but here's how I would do this.
Contact your lawyer and let him/her know you want full custody. If they say "no way" find another lawyer.

You tell your WW that you are not taking back the divorce papers. That you have decided taht you are going for full custody and that in any case, her income will not be lowered. I would also tell her that I would be willing to bankrupt myself completely fighting this.

Ridiculous. Love her you do and she's taking advantage of that. You should be mad enough now that you don't want to play nice.

Last edited by kilted_thrower; 07/06/10 12:31 PM.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
She is sleeping with you. Let me be blunt: Any SF?

No i havent had SF with her. I havent had near SF.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
Plan B or Recovery on 7-1-10 Its in her court ATM
My thread
Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
There's no way I'd agree to alimony and dropping her CS calculation to 25K

No she is WAIVING alimony. Saying that she will bar herself.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
My thread
M
M

How big of her. NOT. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that she would have to claim alimony as income on her tax return. Child support doesn't have to be claimed.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
redflag redflag redflag redflag redflag redflag redflag redflag

Is all I have to say...sorry YEG, but atleast we can say we tried.

GOOD LUCK with the rest of you life...just remember...

WE TOLD YOU SO!!

C
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

How big of her. NOT. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that she would have to claim alimony as income on her tax return. Child support doesn't have to be claimed.

CORRECT!!!

That's why she wants her earnings (and earning potential) cut in half. She wants to have MORE child support since she doesn't have to claim it.

committed

S
S
Does anyone else feel like they need to throw up??? I feel sick to my stomach that YEG does not see this....and I'm really sad, because I thought YEG was smarter then this...sigh...

PLEASE YEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
S
I just don't understand....

You came on here to help your marriage right?

And yet the plan you are in is heading to a big fat DIVORCE!!

If you where going this path why didn't you just sign the papers and get it over with?

Instead of staying in it this long??

I'm confused.

Help me understand, and don't say "she sleeping in the same bed as me" bla bla bla...wanna know why she is doing it?

Because she knows you are a nice guy, and as long as she "acts" like she wants to recover you will give HER ANYTHING!

SIGH...

K
K
Wait...so alimony is claimed as income but CS is not? I didn't know that.

Oh hell, I'd definately bump her wages up to 50K, find a lower paying job, give her spousal support, and fight her on this until bankruptcy.

But this whole thing makes me angry and bitter. And, in the meantime, I'd expose OM for making contact a 3rd time so he's have to find a new career. There's no way I'd make this easy on anyone.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

K
K
Look up pom's story. He rolled over and got taken for a huge ride because he started rolling over just like YOU!

You must take control back.

But, you clearly don't want to be told that. You want to be tld that your current course of action is okay. It's not.

Good luck.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower

Yes, just like Alimony is a DEDUCTION for the person paying it. But child support is not deductible (by the person giving it)...nor does it have to be claimed as income (by the person receiving it).

So...which one is a WS gonna want?

Doesn't take a degree in rocket science to figure that one out, does it. crazy

committed

Y
YEG Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Here is her point about the child support.

The earning potential of 50k was based on her old job that she lost. Since she is barred from that field now she cant get a job that pays as much. She thinks that is unfair.

I dont think she wants a lifetime cap on her income being 25K. Just she is afraid that she will get screwed in the long run.

Ok. While writing this out I see your point. If she really wants to give it another try why would she be worried about leaving.

Ughh this sucks. I hate feeling manipulated but Im starting too see your point. Damn it.

(ME) BS - 33YO
(HER) WW - 32YO
Married 7 years
DD5
D-Day - 5/1/10 (PA)
Exposure 5/7/10
Plan A 5/7/10 -
My thread
S
S

Yes. This is true....

Oh hell, I'd definately bump her wages up to 50K, find a lower paying job, give her spousal support, and fight her on this until bankruptcy.

But this whole thing makes me angry and bitter. And, in the meantime, I'd expose OM for making contact a 3rd time so he's have to find a new career. There's no way I'd make this easy on anyone.

He still has a case for not paying ss under his state's law since she commited adultery. If he takes her back he loses that. I would make her sign a no alimony agreement and cs would be what a judge ordered...I would not agree to lowering it if I was YEG.

YEG she is running the show. You are allowing her to.

C
C
Since she is barred from that field now she cant get a job that pays as much. She thinks that is unfair.

Consequences from HER adulterous actions....not necessarily unfair.

Just she is afraid that she will get screwed in the long run.

So what does that mean??? That she is gonna put the screws to you then???

You need to look her in the eye and reply....

"so...YOU don't want to get screwed in all this mess...you want ME to get screwed....gotcha" crazy

Is there a crazy-making icon?????

committed

Page 33 of 36 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,118 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation