Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Music is a really big trigger for many different things. I have so many songs that remind me of different people, events, times. Gotta enjoy the memories of living.

K
K
Tom, I'm an FWW and I have FAR more empathy with the triggers that songs can cause a BS than you seem to have. Enjoy the memories of living? Are you for real? Did you know that these songs make people feel physically sick when they hear them?

FWIW I hear some of the songs I thought were so "romantic" during the A and I just laugh out loud that I thought they meant something. They are PATHETIC with a capital P.

K
K
Tom, I'm an FWW and I have FAR more empathy with the triggers that songs can cause a BS than you seem to have. Enjoy the memories of living? Are you for real? Did you know that these songs make people feel physically sick when they hear them?

FWIW I hear some of the songs I thought were so "romantic" during the A and I just laugh out loud that I thought they meant something. They are PATHETIC with a capital P.

Posting as the right KiwiJ this time.

S
S
{{{{{Not}}}}}

During the affair, FWH was doing some repair work around the house and Lips of an Angel came on the radio. He cranked it up really loud and was singing just as loud. URGH!!!!

Then my teens started talking about how cool that song is. I cooly (with a bit of rage bubbling under the surface) told them exactly what that song was about.

Then I visualized in my head yanking that radio out of the wall and throwing it across the garage. I didn't....I was in plan A. I regret not doing it, though. I should not have tolerated a song like that being rubbed in my face in my own home.

So, yeah, that song has been a huge trigger for me, too.

I'm sorry it was such a rotten day. I hope you are feeling better today.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
Look on the bright side, it could have been during a hemorroid surgery.

rotflmao

S
S
Must have been the time frame because those same songs are big triggers for me and i turn them off everytime they come on the radio.

Not, sorry you were in a situation where you could not do that hug .

And i also agree with whoever said the person that wrote Lips of an Angel sucks and was probably in an affair when they wrote it.

O
O
Hey Not. Sorry, late to the "party" here, but I hope you're feeling better today.

Triggers are a bummer, especially when you're strapped to a dentist's chair. smile

At least you're home now and can change the station all you want. Don't try the Disney Channel on XM though, the new Black Eyed Peas song (all about lying) is a nice little trigger.

(Yes, I was listening to the Disney Channel on XM....) blush

opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
T
T
Originally Posted by KiwiJ

Posting as the right KiwiJ this time.

Sorry, I was making a general statement about music and the various types of triggers that it has.

_
_
Music is very powerful for triggering all memories associated with the song, whether good or bad. It really sucks when it's bad though, because all the feelings associated with the song come at you hard.

For me, the bad ones are "So What" from Pink (WW told me that the song captured what she was thinking and feeling way back around the ILYBNILWY time and before I knew anything about the A) and "You Belong to Me" by Taylor Swift. I don't even know the whole song, but WW had that set as music that would play when you called her cell phone. I can only assume in her mind it was POSOM she was thinking about in the song. Made me just cringe every time I called WW's phone. She has since changed it. If I ever hear either of those songs now, I turn the channel immediately.

On the positive side, there are many 'good' songs that I like to listen to now that make me feel good when I hear them. Typically a lot of loud angry music, but not always. There are many good songs out there that make me feel positive about what I'm doing here. Music triggers are very strong either way.

Forgot to add- Really hope you are feeling better today!!

Last edited by SickofLimbo; 07/09/10 10:39 AM.

-SOL
S
S
{{{{{NOT}}}}}

I'm sorry i am a day late here. I hope your mouth is feeling better hate the whole teeth thing. I also hope you got better with the triggers when you got up. I know what you mean about most songs that were "good" during that time period and how they totally stink now. Glad there are only two triggers left for you and i pray that those too shall pass for you. Hope you and the fam are great and you mouth heals fastly

~ME

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
H
H
There's a point where you get past all of the triggers and nothing really bugs you anymore. At least that should be the goal.

I don't get triggered by anything, which is way different than it use to be.

N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
THANK YOU everyone!!!!!

For the prayers and support...... grin

I'm feeling LOADS better today. I'm off the vicodine and using darvocet instead. Still a prescription, but I found that the vicodine gives me a huge "hangover" headache...... sick

Mr. Not took wonderful care of me yesterday...... loveheart

You think my posting on drugs is bad, you should see my texting......... rotflmao

He brought me medicine and even went out in a huge, nasty downpour to get me ice cream.......he's awesome...... grin

As far as the trigger, I didn't think about it again after I woke up. The Angel song really tears me up.......still. I hate it. Being 2 1/2 yrs out from dday and 2 yrs into R, I WANT it not to affect me. I do extremely well with most every other trigger but not that one......... sigh

And yes being tied down in a dentist chair being FORCED to listen to it while someone is pushing around on your jaw with a 200lb plier......double yuck.....

But on a funny note......did ya all notice my thread title????!

"Today just BITES.....".....and I got a tooth pulled!!!!!!..... rotflmao

I didn't even do that on purpose.......I still crack myself up........ grin

Thanks again everyone.........loves ya all more than my luggage.......

Not

S
S
LOVE YOU, NOT!!

Glad you're back to your sweet self!

Originally Posted by Not2Fun
Being 2 1/2 yrs out from dday and 2 yrs into R, I WANT it not to affect me.
I so get this!

J
J
Glad you are feeling better and good post I thought I was the only one with a music trigger........glad to see it's all a normal thing and also looking forward to it all ending for good......

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
LOVE YOU, NOT!!

Thanks SMB.....back atcha!!!!!

Glad you're back to your sweet self!

I'm sure Mr. Not would NOT agree with this.....at least not this morning..... grin

In my best defense though, he was asking me some stuff that required thinking when I had just woke up and hadn't even had any Tylenol in 10 hrs........I'll make it up to him later...... wink

Originally Posted by Not2Fun
Being 2 1/2 yrs out from dday and 2 yrs into R, I WANT it not to affect me.
I so get this! [/quote]

Yeah, I know you know what I know.......{{{{{{SMB}}}}}}

Not

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation