Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37
L
L

And then it hit me -- my M is something we build together into which I place all that is beautiful about me and then we tend it and it grows.

Don't forget to plant the things that are beautiful about your BS also.

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
S
S
Originally Posted by saddestwife
a woman with a stud finder and a power drill really doesn't need a man
rotflmao

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
F
F
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Great post, SMB! The reason she is so fogged out is because she has not ended CONTACT WITH HER OM and plans on seeing him again. She is not in the least serious about recovery.

ML, I have had NC with OM. There is a wedding that we all must be at next month. What am I to do about that?

In any case, thanks for your responses...though I shouldn't muddy up SW board with my questions. I can't stand to dig up my own thread...but I will try to reply to other comments on my thread so that the focus here will be on SW's questions.

M
M
Originally Posted by fullmoon16
Great post, SMB! The reason she is so fogged out is because she has not ended CONTACT WITH HER OM and plans on seeing him again. She is not in the least serious about recovery.

ML, I have had NC with OM. There is a wedding that we all must be at next month. What am I to do about that?

If you were serious about recovery you wouldn't be asking me that question, you would have already resolved the problem.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S

In any case, thanks for your responses...though I shouldn't muddy up SW board with my questions. I can't stand to dig up my own thread...but I will try to reply to other comments on my thread so that the focus here will be on SW's questions.
I have bumped your thread and also asked you a question.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S

Tell BH who OM is and do not attend the wedding.

Do we really have to point that out?

I am glad to hear you are taking this to your thread, because RM needs to get focused on HER marriage.

Last edited by sexymamabear; 07/22/10 01:03 PM.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

F
F
It has recently dawned on me that OM is a homewrecking SOB who ignored my wedding ring and my resistance and relentlessly pursued something he wanted (me). He didn't care one whit what impact his pursuit had on me, and I'm sure that he never considered the impact on my HUSBAND and my CHILDREN. He's a s***head.

I am not suggesting that all OM are like him because I don't know. But if all WS have things in common, and all BS's have things in common, possibly all AP's have things in common. You might try looking for similar traits in your OM. It seems to me that anyone who has an A with a married person is by definition greedy and selfish -- taking something that belongs to someone else without regard for the pain it might cause.

Just a thought.

sigh...I thought about that. What is his (OM) problem flirting with me/etc., anyway, in his own friend's house? Then I thought that, maybe, I was misreading things...and I kept defending him as the innocent bystander. BUT, the vets told me not to focus on that...but to focus on fixing myself. That's what I am trying to do...though I suppose I am a bit "difficult".

Last night, my H just finished talking to a family member whose spouse is currently involved in a PA. [It's an epidemic!] At this point, She (the WS) is entirely unremorseful. My H was thinking how awful it must be to be *that* family member. He said that he loves me so much, we are all we have in the world, and that I should never leave him. Then, he asked, "Do you still want to cheat on me?" [He means PA. He doesn't consider EA cheating.] I told him "I never wanted to cheat on you. It was not about that." But, even in that little exchange, I see now that my H is "concerned"...and I hate that. I want to make that go away. I want him to recover and never look back...just forget I said anything about EA. But I see from a few posts here that recovery never ends. Like AA ?!@?! That's a scary thought.

They, the vets, have plenty to say to me right now about how I think I "get it"...but I don't. So, I am going to take some time now to just listen/read, "take out my cotton", workout some more, and consider why I'm not getting it.

Your fence sounds lovely.

G
G
... I see now that my H is "concerned"...and I hate that. I want to make that go away. I want him to recover and never look back...just forget I said anything about EA. But I see from a few posts here that recovery never ends. Like AA ?!@?! That's a scary thought.
[Sorry for the t/j, but it may apply to Saddest's case too]-- fullmoon, your husband may be more aware. Perhaps you are even more aware. That awareness is a burden. But in that awareness lies the chance to protect & strengthen your marriage. What would really be scary is if you weren't aware of how easily a marriage that's on auto-pilot can slip out of control, or how easily a misplaced confidence in someone outside the marriage can tear your life apart. Now that would be scary!

And "recovery never ends" is a weirdly negative way to spin it. Done right, recovery takes your marriage to places it's never been before. You don't want to go back to the way your relationship was before... you want it to be better than it was before. That should be your goal. If by "recovery ending" you mean that you want to have everything revert back to the way it was prior to your EA, then you're not understanding. Back then, you were less aware of the dangers, less aware of your & H's needs, less aware of the vulnerabilities that arise where needs aren't met on either side of a marriage. You knew less about how to protect yourself. As you can see from my latest post on your own thread, I still don't think you're as aware as you ought to be. But would you ever want to go back to your previous lack of awareness?

Ignorance is bliss only to the ignorant.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
S
OP Offline
S
SuzieQ, you do know it is not me, SW, with the wedding issue, right? I am avoiding all places where there is the slightest chance I might run into OM like the plague for the foreseeable future because if I saw him, however innocently, I will have to tell my H and I know what the look on his face would be and I WILL NOT DO THAT TO HIM.

Fullmoon, I read your threads and other WW's because I want the wisdom of the posters there -- they've spent way too much time on me -- NOT to try to identify with other WW's. Yes it's painful, yes it sucks, yes we did it to ourselves which would actually be OK but the blast zone for an A goes way beyond us.

The reality is that all we WS's can do if we talk to each other is screw each other up worse. If we had a CLUE we wouldn't be here in the first place.

I'm not trying to be ugly at all -- but would you please post on your thread and not mine? I'm getting to be elderly and easily confused.....

WS
M: 25 years
D21, S19, S15

Rome wasn't built in a day -- but it was built.
S
S
SuzieQ, you do know it is not me, SW, with the wedding issue, right? I am avoiding all places where there is the slightest chance I might run into OM like the plague for the foreseeable future because if I saw him, however innocently, I will have to tell my H and I know what the look on his face would be and I WILL NOT DO THAT TO HIM.

Fullmoon, I read your threads and other WW's because I want the wisdom of the posters there -- they've spent way too much time on me -- NOT to try to identify with other WW's. Yes it's painful, yes it sucks, yes we did it to ourselves which would actually be OK but the blast zone for an A goes way beyond us.

The reality is that all we WS's can do if we talk to each other is screw each other up worse. If we had a CLUE we wouldn't be here in the first place.

I'm not trying to be ugly at all -- but would you please post on your thread and not mine? I'm getting to be elderly and easily confused.....

{{{{{SW}}}}}

BTW, that's a hug, just in case you didn't know.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

M
M

The fog is rolling out!!! clap

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
G
So we are building it this weekend and it is going to be my commitment fence. We are coming back in September for our anniversary and I am going to put a plaque on it to that effect and that will be my gift to him.

Saddest, I'm a "tool" guy, and I've gotta tell ya, man, that's beautiful. Don't be so all undivided-attention that you smash your thumb with a 5-lb. sledge, but do have a wonderful time together.

True story: This past year, right after Thanksgiving ('09), my wife and I repainted our living room. The immediate impetus was that (a) the previous owners had left the room a butt-ugly color that we had put up with for the entire 7 years since we'd moved in, and (b) we wanted the job done before Christmas, and so we had to get it done fast since I was scheduled for rotator-cuff surgery in early December. As it happened, it was the same time of year as I'd let my affair go totally out-of-control the previous year.

So we did everything over about 2 days -- the patching & spackling & sanding & masking & all of it. Being together for that time & having a common goal & agreeing on the color & listening to Christmas music and creating something beautiful in our home that we would enjoy together for the years to come, and creating a good memory for that time of year that belonged solely to us, was a wonderful time of healing & rebuilding for us.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by suamico
I still can't figure out the quote thing, so if I fail to answer a question it's not because I'm being evasive -- it's because I have no short term memory left but I THINK I do so I THINK I'm going to remember what I have been asked.
SW, instead of clicking the reply button hit the quote button. Then the post you are replying in will be in your text. I will post a test post and see if you can quote me.

Did I do it? I guess I'll see.

Now.... where are the moving emoticons that Mel uses on me because she knows I get so mad the top of my head feels like it's going to blow off.

BTW -- love the Piggly Wiggly stuff -- the South is the South and don't any of you all EVER forget it. Southerners know what I mean. We pity the rest of you -- really.

Cammo panties and bra? Check that one done. That's the kind of box I like to think out of... you are a genius -- can't wait for that night.

WS
M: 25 years
D21, S19, S15

Rome wasn't built in a day -- but it was built.
M
M
[BTW -- love the Piggly Wiggly stuff -- the South is the South and don't any of you all EVER forget it. Southerners know what I mean. We pity the rest of you -- really.

This is true. They can't help their yankeeselves... sigh

Exposure 101

T
T
I am picturing a very professional attorney, ready for bear in her next case (which she is sure to win). She has on a dark suit, pearls, and some intimdating and attractive pumps that go "click click" down the hall........and she has camo undies on? Now them New York City lawyers would NEVER be that cool!

W
W
SW,

I was beginning to wonder there SW. You are one stubborn cookie, but now that the fog appears to be clearing, you can use that to your advantage to get the M you deserve. Take it one day at a time. You're getting there.

dance2

clap

Want2Stay

W
W
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
I am picturing a very professional attorney, ready for bear in her next case (which she is sure to win). She has on a dark suit, pearls, and some intimdating and attractive pumps that go "click click" down the hall........and she has camo undies on? Now them New York City lawyers would NEVER be that cool!
Luri,

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Want2Stay

S
S
SadW, I was out of MB for about 24 hours and THIS happens? You are doing so great. Keep it up. Don't have anything to add except encouragement.

BTW, I want to clear something up. I AM A GIRL. ARGH, Why do people keep messing that up? I should write all my posts in pink now. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S

Yes, SW, I knew that wasn't you!

It definitely sounds like the fog is starting to clear. hurray Keep it up! smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
D
D
SW,

Way to go! You are getting it. Your fence idea is perfect.

Last spring GM and I picked out a piece of pasture and had it plowed (I don't have a plow so we had to hire that done) and then proceeded to build a 2500 sq.ft. garden. It took us the better part of a month, it is very well done with t-posts every 4 feet and we put up the fence like we never wanted to deal with it again. It kept us from uncomfortable LB's while we worked on it and moved us forward just a bit. It is a great garden. Triggers me a bit since he fed his AP out of the small garden I did alone previously but it is a challenge now for me to learn to deal with them, there are so many. It won't hurt in the long run.

For valentines day a number of years ago GM gave me a chain saw and I gave him a ring. It is pretty funny when I think back on it because I am terrified of that stupid saw (I have used it though) and he lost the ring along with the wedding band that he refused to wear. Oh well, such was the state of our marriage then.

I agree with you on the tools smile Have fun building and planting. Enjoy each other.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation