Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 89 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 88 89
S
S
Originally Posted by Vibrissa
Rant/Vent:

I hate waywards.
I can't rant about this, but I'd just like to say that I have high regard for genuine former waywards, though. One of my favourite husbands is a former wayward!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
K
K
My rant is that people leave their faith, become wayward, try to clean up after their waywardness, but hold on to that speck of pride that says they're too "mature", "wise", "above", "conscious", etc. to return to their faith. Then their children start to follow their wayward example and leave their faith and then they rant and scream about how unfair those wayward consequences are [to their children]. They can't tell me that their lack of relationship to God hasn't hurt their children!!

Sins of the fathers/mothers visiting upon the heads of the children are PAINFUL! Deal with it honestly and get back to your faith! Full repentance, not just partial repentance is needed to recover from developing and nurturing a wayward heart!

Drama Queens/King Babies who want to stay in victim mode and suck all of our emotional support because life is so UNFAIR dramaqueen but they won't get up and DO SOMETHING!!!!!

S
S
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
Drama Queens/King Babies who want to stay in victim mode and suck all of our emotional support because life is so UNFAIR dramaqueen but they won't get up and DO SOMETHING!!!!!
Yeah, I have to stop posting to these types because the victim mentality drives me bonkers.

Makes me respect and admire all the BSs in Plan A/Plan B...who are proactively trying to better themselves and work the plans despite their worlds being ripped apart, their needs not getting met, etc...all the more.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Rant/Vent:

I hate waywards. There are absolutely no words in the English language to describe their vile, hateful, destructive abuse. The selfishness, the ugliness, it is unreal. It is horrible, ugly and evil.

There is little worse than destroying a family. Than emotionally raping the ones you purport to love.

I hate it.
I hate it.
I hate it.

Waywards suck

I'm suggesting to the MB website designers that they put this post on the registration page. It only seems fair.

Enough.

There is vileness out there -- infants shaken to death, toddlers whose feet have been held in boiling water for wetting the bed, 11 year old girls raped by their fathers, brothers, stepfathers, or all of the above and giving birth, young women duped into sexual traffic, a 9 year old boy with 2 unset fractures of his arms and cigaret burns on his back for crying about the pain, a 4 year old girl raped vaginally and anally with a Lego penis that her rapist helped her construct, and I am not making any of that up.

I'm an actual human being who made a bad decision. But I am not vile nor am I evil. I know vile and evil. I wish I didn't but I do.

In the immortal words of princessmeggy, I'm out.

Enough.

WS
M: 25 years
D21, S19, S15

Rome wasn't built in a day -- but it was built.
M
M
Originally Posted by saddestwife
I'm an actual human being who made a bad decision. But I am not vile nor am I evil. I know vile and evil. I wish I didn't but I do.

Yes, we know all about evil. Dr Harley discusses it here:

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
After having counseled thousands of couples with hundreds of marital conflicts, I am completely convinced that a spouse's unfaithfulness is the most painful experience that can be inflicted in marriage. Those I've counseled who have
had the tragic misfortune of having experienced rape, physical abuse, sexual abuse of their children, and infidelity have consistently reported to me that their spouse's unfaithfulness was their very worst experience
. To be convinced of the devastating impact of infidelity, you only need to go through it once.
How to Survive Infidelity

Some of Dr Harley's posts to members on the weekend forum:

written to a WH:
Since you've had an affair, I would imagine that your wife is very emotionally defensive about the subject. It's the worst experience of her life -- worse than the loss of her son five years ago. Can you imagine anything being that bad? Well, you did it to her, and she is suffering as a result. It's all she can do to remain rational. If she were to express herself emotionally at this point, she would probably be expressing deep feelings of hopelessness and catastrophic loss. By trying to be rational, she is able to focus on the practical side of the issue.
here

"We regard infidelity as the worst offense in marriage. More damaging than physical abuse. And when a couple goes through a period of time when their relationship is broken, and they are not meeting each other's emotional needs, infidelity is very common. Granted, we can even patch these marriages together when the incentive to reconcile (children) is present. But it would be much easier and much less painful if you and your husband never had to go through it.
here

From "Defending Traditional Marriage" pg 143:

An affair is devastating to a betrayed spouse. It�s one of the most painful experiences that he or she could ever endure. In fact, most betrayed spouses cannot think of a single tragedy that is worse for them than the affair. Consider these examples (names have been changed to protect their identity)

* Nancy's father was murdered, her mother died of a very aggressive cancer in the same year. Both were very close to Nancy, and their sudden deaths were devastating to her. But she reported that the pain she suffered from her husband's affair was far more devastating.

* Cindy had been sexually molested by her father in her early teens. Yet her husband's one-year affair with a woman he met while away on business created far more trauma for her than her father's irresponsible behavior.

* Julie was raped by a stranger when she attended college. She told us that the rape paled in comparison to her struggle with her husband's two year affair with a female co worker.

* Robin was gang raped when she was twenty three. She reported that her husband�s one year affair with a woman he met at a local bar was much more difficult to overcome than the physical and emotional damage from the rape.

* Chad's six year old son died in a backyard accident. He said the pain he suffered from his wife's affair with a neighbor was far greater than the pain from his son's tragic death.

* Sylvia's younger sister was raped and murdered by a stranger when Sylvia was twenty one. But her husband's five month affair with a co-worker caused her to suffer more than the brutal death of her younger sister, whom she cared for deeply.

These are just a few of the testimonials that we have recorded when counseling victims of infidelity at the Marriage Builders Counseling Center. Scores of others have told me the same thing. A spouse's affair is the just about the worst experience in anyone's life.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

So yes, you were evil and you were vile when you committed adultery. Adultery is evil and vile so the folks who commit said acts are evil by defintion because we are judged by our ACTIONS, not by the lies we tell ourselves to justify our wrongdoing.

Recovery begins when honesty begins; keep that in mind. Facing the truth is step one.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
MelodyLane and the No Bull Crap Zone!

I love it.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
the folks who commit said acts are evil by defintion because we are judged by our ACTIONS,

Sorry Mel, I'm just not buying it. I am not evil by definition. I do a lot of very, very good things. I may have done something evil but that doesn't define me any more than all the very good things I have done define me.

I'm a human being who made a bad mistake and I am doing what I can to rectify that which is all I can do.

I thought AA taught you to love the person, but hate the disease?

I am neither evil nor vile nor am I good or perfect.

And this is a stupid conversation. I feel like I am in the land of religious zealots who in their quest for converts focus solely on sin and punishment, which play on fear and self loathing, and leave out redemption and hope.

I am a redemption and hope kind of chick.

WS
D21, S19, S15

M
M

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
the folks who commit said acts are evil by defintion because we are judged by our ACTIONS,

Sorry Mel, I'm just not buying it. I am not evil by definition. I do a lot of very, very good things. I may have done something evil but that doesn't define me any more than all the very good things I have done define me.

The same could be said about Hitler. He was not evil by definition and did alot of good things. He may have done something evil but that doesn't define him any more than all the very good things he did.

He was a human being who made a bad mistake.

I thought AA taught you to love the person, but hate the disease?

They taught us to be HONEST, not to lie and say we are "good people" when we know the truth is otherwise. Unless a person is honest, they can't recover.

And this is a stupid conversation. I feel like I am in the land of religious zealots who in their quest for converts focus solely on sin and punishment,

You are in the land of foggy denials. Keep in mind that we are recovered.............you are not.

I am a redemption and hope kind of chick.

Me too! But in order to redeem yourself, you have to get honest. You haven't even taken that first step.

Exposure 101

S
S
Mel, the fact that you just compared me to Hitler says it all....

There is a legal term for this -- reductio absurdo -- take any argument to its most extreme position and it is exposed as absurd.

I'm comparable to Hitler? Really? And you expect me to take what you say seriously?

WS
D21, S19, S15

M
M
Lets talk about absurd, SW, and look at the dictionary definitions of vile and evil and see if your denials make sense! Shall we? grin

Main Entry: vile
Pronunciation: \ˈvī(-ə)l\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): vil�er \ˈvī-lər\; vil�est \-ləst\
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French vil, from Latin vilis
Date: 14th century
1 a : morally despicable or abhorrent <nothing is so vile as intellectual dishonesty> b : physically repulsive : foul <a vile slum>
2 : of little worth or account : common; also : mean
3 : tending to degrade <vile employments>
4 : disgustingly or utterly bad : obnoxious, contemptible <vile weather> <had a vile temper>
here

Looks like a perfect fit to me!

Now lets look at the definition of evil:

e�vil l/ Show Spelled[ee-vuhl] Show IPA
�adjective
1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life. 2. harmful; injurious: evil laws.
3. characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days.
4. due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation.
5. marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.

I am going to have to say that your dispute is with the English language, rather than Vibrissa because her definition of waywards is very accurate according to these dictionary definitions.

Shall we dispute these word definitions to Websters Dictionary and ask them to change them up a bit?

Exposure 101

G
G
SaddestWife,

You are using your brain too much, as is your habit, like it was mine, and you are involved in defending yourself. That is not your problem. The problem right now, as it is with all waywards, is an illness of the heart. It cannot be defended or rationalized, nor can your actions in your marriage, no matter the extent of any grievances you may be holding onto. Mel is trying to get to the crux of the matter. You are in two different universes. When the twain meets, you will find your self, and you will turn to Mel for wisdom. Abandon your defenses. That would be my advice, for whatever it is worth.

FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
M
M
Unless, of course, saddestwife, you are telling us that your adultery was not "morally despicable or abhorrent" [vile] OR "morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked" [evil]?

Was it a super special, NICE kind of adultery? Are you different? smile

Exposure 101

S
S
Sure it was. My A was all of the above and more. Doesn't make me evil. Makes me a human being who made a decision that was evil and am doing the best I can to rectify it.

Maybe I'm way off on my assessment of where an A fits on the moral spectrum of evil -- personally, I think the guy who helped the four year old make a Lego penis and then raped her anally and vaginally with it is in a different league than me but I gather you folks disagree -- but anyone who compares an A to the systematic slaughter of 6 million innocent people is WAY more way off than I am.

I'm not defending myself. To compare me to Hitler is on its face stupid. I don't need to defend myself against stupid.

You say I don't get it? Maybe you are right. I don't think so, but I am allowing for the possibility. But you don't get it either. WS's are people too. And you are so intent on your conversion mission that I am reasonably certain your are driving them off in droves. I have a life size picture of some WW reading this thread seeing me compared to Hitler and then thinking, "wow, I can't wait to get on that forum because those people want to help me."

And remember, when you drive her off, you subject her BH to that much more pain.

I'm not against 2X4's or harshness -- those help. But there is a baseline level of courtesy and consideration that every person should be granted. Fall below that -- and you often do -- and they disappear.

And being compared to Hitler is way, way, way below that baseline.

WS
D21, S19, S15

L
L
Rant/Vent:

I hate waywards. There are absolutely no words in the English language to describe their vile, hateful, destructive abuse. The selfishness, the ugliness, it is unreal. It is horrible, ugly and evil.

There is little worse than destroying a family. Than emotionally raping the ones you purport to love.

I hate it.
I hate it.
I hate it.

Waywards suck

I'm suggesting to the MB website designers that they put this post on the registration page. It only seems fair.

Enough.

There is vileness out there -- infants shaken to death, toddlers whose feet have been held in boiling water for wetting the bed, 11 year old girls raped by their fathers, brothers, stepfathers, or all of the above and giving birth, young women duped into sexual traffic, a 9 year old boy with 2 unset fractures of his arms and cigaret burns on his back for crying about the pain, a 4 year old girl raped vaginally and anally with a Lego penis that her rapist helped her construct, and I am not making any of that up.

In the immortal words of princessmeggy, I'm out.

Enough.

Saddest wife,

If a day should come when you are hurt, broken and bleeding, you go seek help from people who understand what it feels like to be a victim of what you endured, and you express this feeling of anger and outrage because you are in pain..

Well, I do hope some one very much like the perpetrator tells you that what you feel is irrelevant in some way because there are others out there who have it worse.

I hope you can take comfort in knowing that, that it somehow stops the pain within.

If should such a day come; let me know how it goes for you, OK?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
I'm not defending myself. To compare me to Hitler is on its face stupid. I don't need to defend myself against stupid.

What is stupid is your absurd argument that you weren't evil or vile when you were committing adultery. Of course the Hitler argument looks ridiculous, but only because we applied YOUR LOGIC to his situation. It is your logic that is stupid.

The comparison accutely demonstrates the stupidity of your own argument, which you haven't been able to defend other than to proclaim that "I am not evil!! I do nice things!!"

You aren't going to get too far trying to pretend you WEREN'T evil or vile when you commiting adultery, saddestwife. That false claim only reveals your lack of honesty.

That bull won't fly here.

Exposure 101

S
S
lildoggie -- you haven't a clue where I have been. If you knew you wouldn't dare say such a thing to me.

WS
D21, S19, S15

M
M
Maybe I'm way off on my assessment of where an A fits on the moral spectrum of evil -- personally, I think the guy who helped the four year old make a Lego penis and then raped her anally and vaginally with it is in a different league than me but I gather you folks disagree -- but anyone who compares an A to the systematic slaughter of 6 million innocent people is WAY more way off than I am.

I am embarrassed [for you] that you are trotting out the worst examples of evil to try and minimize the evil you committed against your husband.

This is called defining deviancy down. A favored justification tactic of those in denial. Just the fact that you are doing this should be a clue how evil your adultery really is.

I am quoting this for safekeeping in the hopes that some day, you ever get honest and cut the crap. This is really bad, SW.

Exposure 101

S
S
Mel, I did an evil, vile thing. That doesn't define me. I also do good things. Those don't define me either.

My logic is that good caring people sometimes make horrible evil decisions but that doesn't make them horrible evil people. There is a distinction.

You are the one who brought up Hitler, not me. Your logic is that if a person does an evil thing, that defines them and you evidently have no evilness spectrum if you can compare a suburban wife who had an A with a man who systematically slaughtered 6 million innocent people. It's all the same to you.

Which shows how incredibly desperate you are to vilify me/WS's.

Hitler is ALWAYS a desperation play.

WS
D21, S19, S15

M
M
Mel, I did an evil, vile thing. That doesn't define me. I also do good things. Those don't define me either.

SW, you are the one who is showing desperation with your denial that you were not evil followed by your inability to rationally explain why it is ok to judge Hitler for his behavior, but not to judge you for yours. Why the different standard?

If you insist that we don't judge you for your behavior then you can't insist that we judge Hitler for his behavior either. If we use your standard, then you must ADMIT that Hitler was a "good person," just like you, who "just made a mistake."

Using your "standard" of judgment, his behavior "Doesn't make [him] evil. Makes him a human being who made a decision that was evil ...."

You can't use one standard for Hitler and another for yourself.

Saying his crime was worse than yours does not negate the ABSURD principle you are applying to yourself in order to DENY that you were evil and vile.

If a person is not judged by his behavior, then by WHAT? You know better than that, SW.

A principle, if sound, applies to ALL, not just some. The fact that you admit it is absurd to deny Hitler is evil is an admission that your "PRINCIPLE" is absurd.

Exposure 101

Page 6 of 89 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation