Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 52 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 52
P
P
I think it will cost her a boatload of BJs to make up for her hissy fit / disrespectful judgments of how he spends HIS money.
Poor thing. I sense a OW in the not too distant future.
One that doesn't nag or cry or get mad that her hero is buying crap instead of a wedding ring ....

rotflmao

C
OP Offline
C
I sense a OW in the not too distant future.

He averaged an adultery every 3-years on his XW. This adultery is over 4-years now. It's about time.

DD22 surmised some weeks back based on some disscussions she has had with WayZ that Gollum's EX is her worst fear.

Younger.
Prettier.
Smarter.
More money.
She really IS a cowgirl not a wannabe.
The Mother of his son.
He did not want to divorce.

DD thinks WayZ is terrified of the woman.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
J
J
What do you think Way-Z will do when Gollum does cheat on her? I think she'll probably cling to him even harder. I doubt she'll leave him unless he makes her leave to make way for the new OW (and really can we really call the next girl an OW and the act "cheating"? I mean, BFD, they're not married). He'll have to kick her out on the streets for her to leave. I mean, afterall, how many eligible (nevermind, they obviously don't even have to be eligible) men does she work with at Western Wear? How is she supposed to meet someone new to relationship jump to?

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
P
P
... And forget about pal-a-mony

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by jmwc95
What do you think Way-Z will do when Gollum does cheat on her? I think she'll probably cling to him even harder. I doubt she'll leave him unless he makes her leave to make way for the new OW (and really can we really call the next girl an OW and the act "cheating"? I mean, BFD, they're not married). He'll have to kick her out on the streets for her to leave. I mean, afterall, how many eligible (nevermind, they obviously don't even have to be eligible) men does she work with at Western Wear? How is she supposed to meet someone new to relationship jump to?

I have thought about this from time to time Jim.

What are the options?

A. Murder/suicide. DGS stands by this one. No kidding she really believes this one could happen. Other friends who know her have backed this one too.
B. She voluntarily leaves with nothing. I doubt that one. No way.
C. Cling to him harder. Yep Jim, I would go with that one. Beg, plead, cry. You can hear her wailing, �I�ve given up sooooooo much for you.� He will have to kick her out kicking and screaming.

I can�t imagine how unappealing that was to him to have her blubber and fuss all through lunch about HIS money and what HE chooses to do with it.

It is interesting though. Colorado�s common-law status kicks in at a mere 6-months. They have lived together for a year now. I wonder if he was smart enough to do a little legal checking before he opened the door? Everything is in his name but���Hmmmm��

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
It is my understanding about common law .... It applies only to the assets acquired after the "kick in status".
Assets previous to the "friends with benefits" are individually owned.
Am I mistaken about this?
Also, if he is a paid employee of his own corporation .... The corporation is not required to pay palimony.
He may hold very few personal assets. Who knows?

I ain't no lawyer.

J
J
Originally Posted by Pepperband
It is my understanding about common law .... It applies only to the assets acquired after the "kick in status".
Assets previous to the "friends with benefits" are individually owned.
Am I mistaken about this?
Also, if he is a paid employee of his own corporation .... The corporation is not required to pay palimony.
He may hold very few personal assets. Who knows?

I ain't no lawyer.

So you're saying she'll get one of the wagons?

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
C
OP Offline
C

Then what's she bitchin' and sniveling about?

She can keep her meager possessions in it and sleep under it at night.

H
H
I can picture it now.... with "Happy trails to you" playing in the background and a lone coyote howling.

Maybe that's what a person hears right before karma hits.

Kind of like the Jaws music right before the swimmer gets pulled under.

A
A
Very BIG misconceptions about common law marriages. First, not many states accept this premise. Second, you have to actively pass yourselves off as married. It would be pretty hard for Wayzilla to prove that Gollum had the intent to cohabitate as man and wife. So in reality she would be (literally) up sh*t creek without a paddle.

The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.
C
C
Rut-roh, I sense a new and shiny A in the near future. Me thinks Gollum is tiring of Wayzilla and her whiny [censored]....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
L
L
Originally Posted by chrisner

Then what's she bitchin' and sniveling about?

She can keep her meager possessions in it and sleep under it at night.

Make sure that DD22 doesn't have room....

LG

C
OP Offline
C
�Curiouser and curiouser� � Alice

DD22 had lunch with the XIL�s yesterday. That relationship has improved a lot this past year which is a good thing. Their 50th is coming up on August 9th and on the 8th there is a large party/BBQ at idiot XBIL�s place.

At the end XMIL hugged DD and said, �Tell your Father that I love him, miss him and have thought a lot about him lately. Please let him know he is invited to the party on Sunday.�

A surprised DD asked about WayZ�s opinion of this and XMIL said, �I already asked her and she is fine with your Father being there.�

skeptical

Now DD and I have always expected that Gollum would be there as it is the only day the store closed and heck, it�s his stolebaits parent's 50th after all. If it is his custody Sunday his son may be there as well.

Would they be that oblivious as to inviting me to a party Gollum would be at? Talk about a recipe for disaster. I doubt that Wayzilla has forgotten the day a few weeks after D-Day when looking a bit like a sleep deprived Hannibal Lector I calmly told her that the perfect Saturday would be spent slowly scraping Gollum�s face off with a butter knife. She believed me because I really meant it.

Is he going to be there?

If Gollum does not attend this party it speaks volumes about the real nature of their relationship after 4-years.

No matter. The odds of me attending this party are slightly worse than Dracula grabbing a beach chair to work on his tan in Malibu. But it is fun to imagine all the possibilities eh folks?

I have however already made arrangements for a flower arrangement and card to be sent to XIL�s house.

But��

Before we hung up I made some crack about crying over wagon trains. DD responded with, �Dad, you don�t understand. This was not sniff, sniff tear. She was uncontrollably sobbing. I could barely understand anything she said. When she could not get it under control she told me she would call back later and hung up.�

Uncontrolled sobbing in a restaurant?

Hmmmmmm���.

Now I always thought this whole thing was pretty strange but then it hit me. This could not possibly be just about a couple of wagons he bought with his money. I lived with her for over 25-years. Wayzilla�s M.O. regarding the disapproval of wagons would have been the deadly combination of stony silence, �the stare� and a sudden drop in room temperature of 30-40 degrees. Not uncontrolled sobbing. Something else was going on and it must have been pretty big.

Grab the popcorn folks.

Last edited by chrisner; 07/28/10 11:16 AM.

J
J
Maybe this ILs are trying to fix you two up at their anniversary party. wink

Last edited by jmwc95; 07/28/10 11:01 AM.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
S
S
This could not possibly be just about a couple of wagons he bought with his money

Could there be a a "cowgirl" that came along with those wagons?

H
H
Methinks the fog is lifting and a �oh geez� moment is dawning.

And yet, Chrisner has long since moved on.

Odds are XIL�s don�t think Gollum is all that great anymore and miss the things we know and love about you.

Probably dead on about them inviting you to their party as a way to introduce you two back to each other.

Four years now? Approaching that high failure rate at the five year mark.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by jmwc95
Maybe this ILs are trying to fix you two up at their anniversary party. wink

Yuck. Not happenin'.

They can advertise her skinny tattooed and pierced carc-[censored] on Craig�s List to biker gangs when Gollum finally dumps her. I�m sure she has all kinds of new tricks to share by now.

Maybe they can get some cash for her wagon too.

And where the heck was all this love for me anyway when I really needed it over 3-1/2 years ago when I was trying to save my family and a 26 year marriage? Where was the love for their grand daughter then? Where were their highly touted Christian values and beliefs then?

Nope back then it was all, �Change sometimes just happens and we have to accept it� �We just want Wayzilla happy� �Blah blah enabling friggidy Blah�

They chose to stand back and if anything assist in the destruction of my family.

Perhaps even Wayzilla will someday find out that adultery sucks.

H
H
I guess this means you won�t reconsider if she comes back begging for forgiveness? wink

F
F
Grab the popcorn folks.
and butter! hmmm...sounds like a good show with fireworks included!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
L
L
The wheels of Karma grind slowly, but exceedingly fine

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Page 49 of 52 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation