Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2328242 02/23/10 07:24 PM
B
OP Offline
B

D-day was 9 months ago.We have been married 19years.We continue stuggle with R. NC has never really stuck with my WS. I have recently found out about continued contact with OP.

Looking for feedback, .. Last summer when I discovered my wifes affair she had secured an attorney, she told me on a Friday in July she had filed for divorce(she later stopped the paperwork on the following Monday). I believed her that she had filed,in the aftermath I confided in my adult daughter that my wife was having an affair. My daughter is from a previous marriage who my current wife helped to raise( my daughter was 12 years old when I married my current wife 19 years ago) Anyway,my daughter took it upon herself to send OM an email telling him to leave our family alone....My wife was furious that she got involved and has since stopped all contact with her. Additionally my wife dislikes when I speak with my daughter, she even balks when I wish to see my two grandchildren. My wife actually blames both my daughter and me for our failing marriage, I find it both absurd and hurtful. My wife complains that she was never my priority and my daughter was. How can a spouse ask their partner to choose between them or a child.......

L
L
Blackskys,

It is best if you stick to one thread on one forum, it will be less confusing to people. Try reposting this on one of your existing threads - the one on the SaA forum is probably best.

If you want people to input more on your thread, keep posting to it, which will effectively bump it to the top of the list.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
P
I don't visit here much anymore. I have moved on. I was cheated on for so long and he only saw his side.

In my humble experience it is never the cheater's fault. THey were aalways driven to do it or they deserved it becasue we failed them...

I am long since divorces and he tells me weekly how he misses me, she is unreasonable, manipulative, jealous... I am sure a few years ago he was living with me telling the OW how unreasonable I was.

Take a deep breath and tell yourself that you have to take care of yourself and do the right thing. If you do what is right for you and your children, the rest will all work out. The biggest thing I take pride in is taking resonsibility for my own actions. strenghts and weaknesses.

Just keep your honor and self pride. It is all we really own.

49 yo F
2 kids M15, F12
H having/had? affair
has 2 OC (twins)age 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation