Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2399306 07/01/10 01:21 PM
S
ss409 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just curious...What is the longest amount of time anyone has gone before they realized they couldn't take their WS back?

ss409 #2399310 07/01/10 01:25 PM
P
P
Why do you ask?

ss409 #2399370 07/01/10 03:09 PM
G
G
ss409,

Can't say what will happen, but it has been 20+ years, since my wife had her bad "EA". Because of who OM was, should I find out it was a PA, I'm not sure I could continue the marriage.

God Bless
Gamma

ss409 #2399378 07/01/10 03:22 PM
P
P
ss409 - you've got posts all over MB. Can you notify the mods and ask them to combine them all? It's easier if you keep all of your posts on one thread so people can keep up. I personally usually won't go searching out someone's previous threads because frankly, I just don't have the time.

Once you do that, people might get a better idea how to help you.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
ss409 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Pepperband...to answer your question, I was just curious. I've already decided I can't take my WS back. I waited 4 months (most of which he lived with her), for him to decide what he wanted. During all this, I kept telling him I wanted us to go to counseling. He had agreed to MC, but I went out of town (previously planned)for 5 days and he said I had abandoned him. It has been over a year now since the A was reveled, during which time he has been living with her. The other aspect is, he has changed into a complete stranger. The transformation is like night and day. He's gone from no drinking to drinking, abhoring smoking to smoking, no cussing to can't hold a conversation without cussing, being tattoo and piercing free to getting tattoos and a nipple piercing. What's even worse is he has turned his back on God and he no longer speaks to friends he once had so much love and respect for. Months ago, I could and would have taken him back, but now it's too late. There is too much hurt and anger on my part to even consider a reconcilation. I know there are probably many out there who have waited years until the WS returned, but I just can't do it.

ss409 #2414153 08/05/10 10:59 PM
S
ss409 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I thought I'd post and let you all know that I've forgiven my WH. This doesn't mean that we will be reconciling (divorce is still eminent). This also doesn't mean I condone or accept his actions.Forgiveness benefits you more than the other person, and that forgiveness has helped me tremendously. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can really start looking toward the future. I still pray that my WH will repent (we are both Christians). I am also praying for all the BS's out there who are going through this pain, and the WS's who now realize the pain they have caused and are trying to repair their marriages. God bless you all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation